• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

** AVOID Optics Planet **

Retsambew

NES Member
I haven’t ordered from these clowns for years because of their history of false advertising and bait and switch tactics but it has been a spell so I figured that I’d give them another shot.

I searched for a rifle sight on Friday and found one I liked. On that page they advertised/highlighted a different model. I did some research and decided to go with their suggestion. Fast forward to 1700 today and I get the email….

The item you ordered isn’t available, if you want this (totally different) model let us know and you can swap items, this order is valid for seven days. Otherwise, your item isn’t in stock and won’t ship for 15-28 days.

The best part is the alternative they suggest is in stock right now “but may not be in stock depending on when I place the order.”

That place is a total scam and should be avoided at all costs. Please tell everyone you know about how this company does business. I will also be contacting the state office of consumer affairs later this week to file a complaint against them.

That place is a total scam and should be avoided at all costs. Please tell everyone you know about how this company does business. I will also be contacting the state office of consumer affairs later this week to file a complaint against them.
Tell them you were trying to order a rifle sight [rofl]

I’ve never had an issue with optics planet.
Between primary arms and optics planet they have decent deals on certain things.
Shipping has always been on point with tracking. And it generally clearly states on back order when they don’t have it in stock.
No complaints here

I've bought form them for the past two years and have not had a single bad experience. I even got a Boyd's stock that was out of spec and needed to be returned to OP per Boyd's customer service department. OP handled that just fine and got me a replacement within a decent time frame. One thing I've learned is that unless you see "15 left, order now" under the price when ordering, be sure to click that "Check Product Availability" link under the ADD TO CART button. Sometimes an item is expected in a few weeks, other times you'll see it's back ordered and not expected for 6 months!

In comparison, Scopelist (which I had one good purchase before) had a black Friday sale last year on Aimpoint Micro T1 but the price quickly went up. I found later that they were matching Eurooptic's price and as soon as Eurooptic showing out-of-stock, Scopelist bumped up the price. Eurooptic allowed back order so I put it in for giggles. 20 some days later the scope came in.

I have had no issues with them.
I order bullets every 3-4 weeks. Fast shipping.

For everything else, they are usually more expensive than everywhere else unless the item is on "back order".
Really? I asked my brother in law for an lpvo for my birthday they canceled his order

Idk im certainly not going to complain as bad as the op but I'll get mine elsewhere

Never really had issues with them either.
Them or their outlet/sister store dvor is where I've gotten a good amount of things from.

Just gotta hit the little check availability button to double check the time frame

I just wish they'd ship ammo here.
It'd be a one stop shop.

Really? I asked my brother in law for an lpvo for my birthday they canceled his order

Idk im certainly not going to complain as bad as the op but I'll get mine elsewhere
Chances are he was over paying.

OP is the worst for optic prices. They always advertise 20, 30, 50% discount and they are always more expensive than Euro Optics or Camera Land.

I only order from optics planet if it says it’s in stock or if the price is so ridiculously good and I don’t care if it’s years before I get it.

Chances are he was over paying.

OP is the worst for optic prices. They always advertise 20, 30, 50% discount and they are always more expensive than Euro Optics or Camera Land.
It was a pa 1x6 for like 175 or something out wasn't a bad deal

Back
Top Bottom