• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

** AVOID Optics Planet **

Unfortunately I learned the hard way that they suck as I ordered a scope from them a few years ago that stated it was in stock on their web site. I ordered and received an email that it was back ordered and the scope would go out in a week. Ok I can wait a week. 3 weeks later still nothing. They gave me a hassle when I cancelled and had to escalate to get my money back. Never again.

Sidenote: It would be nice if their stuff didn’t show up in a box that says “Optics Planet - really expensive gun shit inside!”
That’s what I’m afraid of. FedEx has a habit of throwing my packages in a snowbank at the bottom of the driveway when the bad weather hits. I have no idea of the carrier doing the delivery.

Sidenote: It would be nice if their stuff didn’t show up in a box that says “Optics Planet - really expensive gun shit inside!”
I agree with that. Dillon does similar sh*t.

I never understood why they would pay to have custom boxes made. Do they think the mail guy will see it and go visit the website?

I kept the Dillon box that says "Ammo Manufacturing Plant" on all sides. [rofl]

The last few optics I wanted I ordered through my dealer. He has relationships with five different distributors so availability is not usually a problem. When they came in I paid for them and picked them up. A couple of times he steered me away from optics I thought might be good but which he did not recommend. A few bucks more than Amazon or the other mail order companies but definitely worth it to me.

Worthy to note, still waiting on your address…little bitch.
Take it down a notch bro. We get it, you’re a big tough guy. 🤣. Who can’t take jabs on a forum
You’re threatening to call the state on one of the only decent places that ship shit to mass. All because what you wanted at the price you wanted wasn’t in stock.
First world problems. Or just a Karen?

Mentally unstable internet c*nts don't get my address.

What did the State say?
Is Andre going to teach Optics Planet a lesson and shut them down?
Did the tears help?
We should do an NES Fight Club night at the Mill.

We can get sponsorships from oil companies, truck manufacturers, and pitbull rescues.

OP is correct- Optics Planet sucks balls and should be avoided. I have had excellent service from Europtic and recommend them. Look for open box / 'reconditioned' specials. I've had perfect luck with those from Europtic including a NF scope.

Europtic is the first place I check. I only order from Optics Planet if their inventory counter thing indicates that the specific item I'm looking for is in stock. That seems to work fine.

We should do an NES Fight Club night at the Mill.

We can get sponsorships from oil companies, truck manufacturers, and pitbull rescues.

The people that act like OP always get smashed to ego death. I bet he's the kind of guy that shows up to class late so he can miss the workout and spar while he's still fresh.

The people that act like OP always get smashed to ego death. I bet he's the kind of guy that shows up to class late so he can miss the workout and spar while he's still fresh.
I feel him tho. If I don’t win a fight in the first 20 seconds I’m probably about to get beat up and lose my Mobile1 and F150 sponsorships.

HMMMM. many orders no problems. Except they use DHL. for shipping.

DHL is the black hole of everything. They do shipping. They do staffing or something. I've never seen them do anything efficiently. If they touch your stuff, add a week of delays. I wish vendors would either tell you they use POS DHL and/or give you the option to NOT use them for $5 more. I'd pay the $5. I've got a package from St. Louis that shipped on Friday. Expected delivery date: NEXT Tuesday. And it's already left Mo-zurry as of last night. Somehow it's going to take a WEEK to get to mASS and then likely to the PO for final delivery??? C'mon.

DHL is the black hole of everything. They do shipping. They do staffing or something. I've never seen them do anything efficiently. If they touch your stuff, add a week of delays. I wish vendors would either tell you they use POS DHL and/or give you the option to NOT use them for $5 more. I'd pay the $5. I've got a package from St. Louis that shipped on Friday. Expected delivery date: NEXT Tuesday. And it's already left Mo-zurry as of last night. Somehow it's going to take a WEEK to get to mASS and then likely to the PO for final delivery??? C'mon.
Seems like DHL is more for f-ing over customers than for delivering packages. I couldn't even begin to list all their screw ups I've had to endure over the years for both work and personal shipments.

Don't remember if I posted this or not, so sorry if you've heard this one before: I bought a 10/22 barrel from them because it was on a really good sale, but they shipped me a $14 "tactical" fanny pack. Took me a week to finally get someone there to understand the problem, a few days to ship back the "evidence" of the wrong order, and another week for them to send the right item. After the fact, I noticed they refunded the original purchase price when I returned the fanny pack, but then charged me full price on the correct barrel order instead of the sale price. I had to then go back and argue with them about the pricing, of which they eventually refunded me, but then I realized they charged me for shipping (first order was free, I think).

At this point, I'm done with even messing with them over this. Yes, I got ripped off on that shipping charge, but I'm just done with them and will forever shit talk them to anyone who cares to listen from now on. The irony is that I actually have defended them before because my prior 3 orders from them were accurate and came on time via Fedex/UPS. This time they used that a terrible no-name shipping company (not even DHL) whose tracking system works for F-all. F optics planet.

Unfortunately I learned the hard way that they suck as I ordered a scope from them a few years ago that stated it was in stock on their web site. I ordered and received an email that it was back ordered and the scope would go out in a week. Ok I can wait a week. 3 weeks later still nothing. They gave me a hassle when I cancelled and had to escalate to get my money back. Never again.
"In Stock" = "It might be in stock at our drop shipper".

Seems like DHL is more for f-ing over customers than for delivering packages. I couldn't even begin to list all their screw ups I've had to endure over the years for both work and personal shipments.

Back in the day, they were Flying Tiger or Rising Tiger or something. Basically if you needed something shipped to/from Japan, they were the go-to operation. They got creamed by Fed-UPS and merged and turned into DHL today. But DHL today has expanded into providing all sorts of back office support, with a stress on the POOR in Support.

Back
Top Bottom