• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Jersey state goes after online seller

The article failed to explain how an online seller in another state is under the jurisdiction of NJ law. It links to another article where an online seller in Florida was fined for the same thing under the NJ Consumer Fraud Act. That article didn't explain how selling magazines violates that act but it did say that the ruling was upheld by a panel of appellate judges.

In other words it sounds like absolute bullshit to me and of course NJ judges are going to uphold that crap.

This situation makes me wonder if online retailers could put a big statement at the bottom of their page that says something like "by ordering from us, you acknowledge that it's your responsibility to understand and follow all laws in your locality regarding these products." That should cover them against this bogus charge of violating the consumer protection act.

The NJ consumer fraud act prohibits “any unconscionable commercial practice, deception, fraud, false pretense, false promise [or] misrepresentation” and “knowing concealment, suppression or omission of any material fact”. Are they trying to say the NJ consumer is misled into thinking they can possess magazines because the retailer will sell and ship to them? Insane.

This situation makes me wonder if online retailers could put a big statement at the bottom of their page that says something like "by ordering from us, you acknowledge that it's your responsibility to understand and follow all laws in your locality regarding these products." That should cover them against this bogus charge of violating the consumer protection act.

The NJ consumer fraud act prohibits “any unconscionable commercial practice, deception, fraud, false pretense, false promise [or] misrepresentation” and “knowing concealment, suppression or omission of any material fact”. Are they trying to say the NJ consumer is misled into thinking they can possess magazines because the retailer will sell and ship to them? Insane.
Remember: the goal of Our Betters is to eliminate small and mid-sized businesses. Everything SHALL be ConHugeCo, a WEF Partner. A good way to do this is to require that every ma-n-pa comply with ALL laws in ALL jurisdictions... nationwide. (And eventually WORLDwide.) You can't do that - all your money would go to lawyers having passed bars in fifty states plus territories. ConHugeCo already has that. Cuz they're ConHugeCo.

This scumbag undercover cop and his agency should spend more time trying to entrap child molestors rather than victimless online buyers of products
The cop and his agency should not be entrapping anyone and use appropriate and legal means to build a case. And no, I do not support child molesters.

No they should be entrapping Child Molestors.

Building a case means there needs to be victims
I think we have a confusion about what entrapment means. If you are entrapping them, you are adding to the problem because you are encouraging or inducing someone to do something that they would have not ordinarily have done. There are also a multitude of laws where you do not need victims to prosecute, but that doesn't align with the child molestation very well.

Back
Top Bottom