On Mass Pike today and saw a huge anti assault weapon sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought people might object to the sign because it doesn't pass local zoning ordinances. I think the offer still stands to put up a similar pro gun rights sign on the side of I290 in Worcester.

[rolleyes]

Like I said before, NES is going FR way too soon lately. I mean come on, at least make it to page 15 in a half hour.

Hi nice to meet you, and I am a FAN of Censorship. Carry on.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought people might object to the sign because it doesn't pass local zoning ordinances. I think the offer still stands to put up a similar pro gun rights sign on the side of I290 in Worcester.

That idea was floated here before, and it went no where. Pretty disappointing.

You mean "THE" right?

Of course the ****ing a-hole has the right. Don't twist my words. What I should have said ass bag, is that I hate the guy and wished he would drive off the Zakim bridge. What I also meant is that, I bet what I want on that sign would never get put up there, would it? This guy can spew his hate though.

Is that good enough Alice?

Oh, I am also against the 2nd & 1st Amendments too. [rolleyes]

I didn't twist your words, you did just fine.

I didn't twist your words, you did just fine.

Chill out. I would also have a problem with putting up pictures of dead fetuses on the billboard, promoting anti-abortion ways, just because it exists doesn't mean we don't need to visually see it. Yeah I understand it's a personally owned building so he/she can do with it as they please, I just think there are some things you shouldn't touch upon. I also believe these issues (assault weapons and abortion etc) are extremely sensitive and I would just slow your roll and realize the bigger picture here. Fenway area is very left wing and you're already in the heart of a huge liberal city, so you can expect bullshit signs like this. Not to say that I would love to see it gone, but I just laugh at it and move on. And even the people that care less about guns, you honestly think they believe the crap on some billboard?

Last edited:
Chill out. I would also have a problem with putting up pictures of dead fetuses on the billboard, promoting anti-abortion ways, just because it exists doesn't mean we don't need to visually see it. Yeah I understand it's a personally owned building so he/she can do with it as they please, I just think there are some things you shouldn't touch upon. I also believe these issues (assault weapons and abortion etc) are extremely sensitive and I would just slow your roll and realize the bigger picture here. Fenway area is very left wing and you're already in the heart of a huge liberal city, so you can expect bullshit signs like this. Not to say that I would love to see it gone, but I just laugh at it and move on. And even the people that care less about guns, you honestly think they believe the crap on some billboard?

This.

I think we need a ban on oversized and unsightly billboards. [rolleyes]

There used to be one, but I think it's been repealed. Probably before you time, it was Lady Bird Johnson's idea and it became federal law. Billboard restrictions, big fences around unsightly things like salvage yards, and so on.

Back to topic, some iteration of this sign has been around for several years. Doesn't seem to be doing much, even in this state.

Sure he has the right to put what he wants on the stupid thing...we however should be able to blast it full of holes by exercising our freedom of expression. [wink]

- - - Updated - - -

Back to topic, some iteration of this sign has been around for several years. Doesn't seem to be doing much, even in this state.

It's amazing how long it's been there, as big as it is, with some sort of anti-gun message on it and there's still so many people thatdrive by it daily and have never noticed it.

You mean "THE" right?

Of course the ****ing a-hole has the right. Don't twist my words. What I should have said ass bag, is that I hate the guy and wished he would drive off the Zakim bridge. What I also meant is that, I bet what I want on that sign would never get put up there, would it? This guy can spew his hate though.

Is that good enough Alice?

Oh, I am also against the 2nd & 1st Amendments too. [rolleyes]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OnpkDWbeJs

I think we need a ban on oversized and unsightly billboards.
042.gif

Ill vote for that..

All in favor....opposed (?)....so voted !

Last edited:
Wait till my Dad finds out this sign is on that parking garage, He was the superintendent of the construction company that build the building when I was a teenager, as a big supporter of the 2A, hunter and overall great guy, he'll be some Peoooood.

Is it premature to invoke IBTL? Sorry I'm still learning but this one seems to heading that way. [wink]

I'm absolutely pro gun person,

No you are not.

but just for my curriosity, why would you need an assault rifle ?

First off, the term "assault weapon" was made up by the Clinton administration to pass their assinine "assault weapons ban" . It's this thinking by some "pro gun people" that leads to bans on firearms. If they get a ban on any type of firearm it is only a starting point to ban the rest. Go read about gun bans in other countries and see how they did exactly that.

Second, because we can own them. Bullets can kill no matter what gun they are fired from.

ben, sorry for my spelling. I did bad in school.
'Cause they're more killy than regular rifles' ... who/what are you targeting ?

No they are not. Dead is dead no matter what.

jefftk , i understand what you're saying.

I'm hooked up to weapons myself ... but in theory ... why would you need to have something which kills in ... let's say 200 yards.

To protect your home 9mm or .40 should be ok.

It's a damn abstract question. I'm not even sure if I agree with myself about it

Not everybody only uses their firearms for "home protection".

I shoot on a high power team and I need to shoot out to 600 yards. I do it for fun. I like the challenge of shooting long distance.

I don't care if it's a sensitive subject, the 1st amendment isn't there to only protect your right to recite 18th century love poems. It is specifically there to protect your right to speak out on the most unpopular subjects. It's the radical stuff that needs protecting. How does that saying go? I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death you right to say it.

Last edited:

but just for my curriosity, why would you need an assault rifle ?

Your really not pro-gun with a statement like that.

I think the appropriat Analogy for having unnecessary necessities would be the use of Alcohol. Why do we need it??? It kills many more innocent people everyday than all types of guns across the board, it turnes people into alcoholics, and the government and states "bank" on it. All that For what????

In the aftermath of the Westfield incident, I had this discussion at my Club with a Trap shooter that said, "Why does anyone need to shoot a machine gun?"

The real answer is: nobody does. Nobody (except for the active duty military) "needs" one. Also, nobody needs to shoot at a target range at 600 yards, or 200, or 50 feet; nobody needs to shoot Trap or Skeet; nobody needs to hunt - our domestic food supply is sufficient without it. And nobody needs to have the means that they deem appropriate to defend their homes and families.

However....some people, free people, choose to do some, or all, of these things. Not because they must, but becasue they can.

Now - if you're "Pro 2A" and say, "I"m for this, but not for that", then you're like a Crusader saying, "I'm all for freedom of religion, as long as you're not a heretic."

I love those billboards.... the first dozen times I saw the 'gun show loophole' one i thought it was a PRO gun one. As long as he wants to waste money on a sign that few people even see and less actauly read... go for it. Now I feel the need to hit the range and waste money that I dont have... Damm NES....

jefftk , i understand what you're saying.

I'm hooked up to weapons myself ... but in theory ... why would you need to have something which kills in ... let's say 200 yards.

To protect your home 9mm or .40 should be ok.

It's a damn abstract question. I'm not even sure if I agree with myself about it

Why do you need to say whatever you want? Just say stuff that won't offend people or piss off the government or anyone else.

Its called a Bill of RIGHTS for a reason, b/c its NOT a Bill of NEEDS!

- - - Updated - - -

It is called the Bill of Rights not the bill of needs.

Damn. Beat me to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom