On Mass Pike today and saw a huge anti assault weapon sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was driving out of Boston today on the Mass Pike and while in traffic I saw a huge sign( I think in Allston) that stated "Assault rifles have great stopping power" and then there was a big picture of a hand (palm out) and it was followed by "you too can have great stopping power by supporting banning assault rifles". I may be off on the actual wording. This sign was so big that it spanned an entire building. Are these type signs common? its the first one that I have seen

Sorry if this is a dupe.

its the same sign you guys are thinking of. they just changed it again recently. its on the parking garage right next to fenway.

its the same sign you guys are thinking of. they just changed it again recently. its on the parking garage right next to fenway.

I use to ride by it everyday while hauling trash out of Boston. Since being laid off, I have not seen the new sign. Do you know when it was changed? Because as of maybe 2 weeks ago, it still read, "The NRA spent 6.7mil to buy out Congress." blah blah

The building itself or something belongs to John Rosenthal.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...ult-weapons/vysFvJoJ5tsuFsmhAhStWJ/story.html

"The billboard, 252 feet by 20 feet, that hangs above the Massachusetts Turnpike near Fenway Park. Overnight, it as scheduled to be transformed to read “Assault weapons have stopping power. Fortunately, so does your vote. We need a Federal Assault Weapons Ban NOW.” The second and third sentences are separated by a bloody handprint."

why do you need an assault rifle ?

I'm absolutely pro gun person,

but just for my curriosity, why would you need an assault rifle ?

Jackasses! They oughta ban those people from breathing that are behind the billboards

Rosenthal,... again...

AWB-billbord-October-19_2012.jpg

I was going to post about it earlier... but it's such a predictable/commonplace occurrence, I didn't see the need to bother.

Despite his suckage, I kind of like this one from years ago...

SHV_billboard.jpg

3ydyqete.jpg
With a little time we can fix it with this.

-tapatalk and Devin McCourty blow chunks-

why do people need cars with 300 hp, when less will do? Why do people need skis? Why do people need anything besides the essentials? A thing doesnt need to be justified by its "need". Also, "assault weapon" is a legal construct made up by politicians trying to find a way to ban things. Assault rifle.....I would classify that under military naming. Two different things IMHO. But, bottom line, just because it is a want instead of a necessity, doesnt invalidate it. This of course barring the logical conversation centered around how these "deadly assault rifles" operate the same way as their non assault counterparts.....

Maybe if you'd have paid more attention in school you'd have learned just exactly what an assault rifle is and you'd have learned how to spell "curiosity".

Answer: 'Cause they're more killy than regular rifles.

I remember reading this on NES a few years back: "If I stab you with a spork, is it now an assault spork?"

And here's one for Scriv... It's curiosity, not curriosity.

ben, sorry for my spelling. I did bad in school.
'Cause they're more killy than regular rifles' ... who/what are you targeting ?

Just for my curiosity, what do you consider an "assault rifle". Under what conditions would you not trust someone with an "assault rifle" while also trusting them with a "non-assault" rifle?

Also:

Woollard V. Sheridan (MD) said:
A citizen may not be required to offer a good and substantial reason why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.
http://ia700501.us.archive.org/1/items/gov.uscourts.mdd.180772/gov.uscourts.mdd.180772.52.0.pdf
http://www.comm2a.org/discretionary-licensing-right-to-carry/15-woollard-v-sheridan-md
Although that case is not related to the "assault weapon" issue, that is still one of the more concise and eloquent ways I've seen that concept stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom