• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Old FID Card....still Valid?

[rofl]funny, not, how that's just one more infringement on "shall not be infringed".

Sadly, yes she must jump through the hoops for her constitutional right.

I still have one that my dad had me get when I was a teen 40 years ago. Unfortunately, no longer valid.

Can she still posses, in the home, under the expired FID?
Hell no.

All our "lifetimes" were canceled in 1998 with the MA GCA. Anyone with one that hasn't renewed could be charged with illegal possession of any ammo/components/guns . . . I've seen it happen in court. It is supposed to be a civil offense, but a DA and police prosecutor went after criminal charges and without my testimony, I was told he was headed to state prison (his public prosecutor knew nothing about Mass gun law and spent no time learning about it either).

What has she been doing for 22 years now?

For the guys that were around in 98 when it was changed, was there a fight from the 2A guys or did gun owners just take it on the chin or did we go down fighting?

I was 14 when the change happened. I remember my dad being angry enough to tell me about the change. But pussy enough that he gave his only firearm to his brother.

For the guys that were around in 98 when it was changed, was there a fight from the 2A guys or did gun owners just take it on the chin or did we go down fighting?

I was 14 when the change happened. I remember my dad being angry enough to tell me about the change. But pussy enough that he gave his only firearm to his brother.
Yes, there was a fight. It didnt go well.

For someone in that position, is there a legal way for them to dispose of their firearms?
Best, file for a LTC and once issued all is well.

Otherwise, a person with valid LTC transports guns and owner to an FFL and sells/consigns/transfers them thru FFL.

Lots of people lived under a rock and never realized that the law changed. Very few of us read all of it (101 sections IIRC) and tried to comprehend the ramifications. About 8-9 yrs ago I was in Wal-Mart buying ammo when someone showed up with a null and void old lifetime FID to buy ammo. He was shocked when the clerk told him that it was invalid and I backed up the clerk (former BOD member of our gun club).

GOAL filed a suit and was ruled that they had no standing. A trade group sued, lost and the group folded, so there was no appeal and we permanently lost. We held 3 rallys . . . one at the statehouse (over 5000 in attendance) including visiting with the governor and our state reps/senators, one in Carver and one at the governor's house. I attended the first two. A hearing after the fact was held in central Mass, I attended that one too.

Best, file for a LTC and once issued all is well.

Otherwise, a person with valid LTC transports guns and owner to an FFL and sells/consigns/transfers them thru FFL.

Lots of people lived under a rock and never realized that the law changed. Very few of us read all of it (101 sections IIRC) and tried to comprehend the ramifications. About 8-9 yrs ago I was in Wal-Mart buying ammo when someone showed up with a null and void old lifetime FID to buy ammo. He was shocked when the clerk told him that it was invalid and I backed up the clerk (former BOD member of our gun club).

GOAL filed a suit and was ruled that they had no standing. A trade group sued, lost and the group folded, so there was no appeal and we permanently lost. We held 3 rallys . . . one at the statehouse (over 5000 in attendance) including visiting with the governor and our state reps/senators, one in Carver and one at the governor's house. I attended the first two. A hearing after the fact was held in central Mass, I attended that one too.
I’m guessing there are more than a few hundred thousand other people in that “expired old FID” category!

Yes, there was a fight. It didnt go well.
None of our fights go well......we are in a 100% one party state represented by majority of Dumbocrats.

The only good representation we have is rural Central MA representatives for the most part......what 15% of the house? Its a joke.

Yeah, every couple of years I pull out the old FID and reminisce about the good old "indefinite" days. Sometimes it helps to talk with others about it too :)
I know what you mean. I have a box of pics of my long gone NH lake house, the pontoon boat, my pilot's license, MC license plates AND the FID card. Jack.

None of our fights go well......we are in a 100% one party state represented by majority of Dumbocrats.

The only good representation we have is rural Central MA representatives for the most part......what 15% of the house? Its a joke.
The fight was actually lost back in 1968. That was when, at the same time the GCA was passed at the national level, Marxichusetts first passed the law that required FIDs/LTCs. It’s been a downhill slide ever since.

I live in Ma, and have had an FID card since 1985. It too says "Indefinite". I was wondering if it still was valid. It should be.
Did you read the thread or just pop in and post? Your indef fid has not been valid for almost 25 years. I hope your joking......

Back
Top Bottom