Okay....billet buy news again, contact with Quentin defense.

Correct me if I'm mistaken:

The .308 pair is grey, and has the flat side upper w/o forward assist or brass deflector

The .223/5.56 pair is black and is an A3 flat-top with the FA and deflector.

Is that right? I Just want to set my expectations correctly.

I'm on the fence, if my MO is in my mail box from being returned then i will take it as a sign to back out. If it is still in MJR's possession then game on. I'll let fate decide this one

Still interested. Otherwise I'll just put it all on red next time I go to vegas.

Don't know if it's too late to get in on this but I will go in on this too if the pricing isn't gouged, and this guy doesn't drop off the map.

I'm on the fence, if my MO is in my mail box from being returned then i will take it as a sign to back out. If it is still in MJR's possession then game on. I'll let fate decide this one

I second this^^

Still in. Let's do a poll if in they (QD) can solidify terms and conditions. MJR has been more than patient with all of us which I'm sure we all appreciate. QD's mishandling of our massive expectations for a simple business transaction makes me uneasy.

How many of you are off work during the break? And we're expecting QD to work through theirs? I don't see that anything has changed with the group buy. Quentin doesn't appear to have changed anything. We shouldn't either. Just get the buy in and closed asap.

Last edited:
I'm on the fence with this one..... Something just doesn't seem quite right with their response (or lack of). I would think with an order of this magnitude that they would be all over this. IANAL and I certainly like the contract idea but doubt that it will fly, would need one for every person involved or form some type of LLC for the GB. Perhaps it's that they are now selling to the distributors at higher than our cost and have us on the back burner should the demand slow down... who knows...

I'm on the fence with this one..... Something just doesn't seem quite right with their response (or lack of). I would think with an order of this magnitude that they would be all over this. IANAL and I certainly like the contract idea but doubt that it will fly, would need one for every person involved or form some type of LLC for the GB. Perhaps it's that they are now selling to the distributors at higher than our cost and have us on the back burner should the demand slow down... who knows...

Nothing is going to speak louder than a check. We have no buying power whatsoever. They could turn ours down in a heartbeat and sell to others and make more money. If I were in their shoes I would laugh at a contract and shoo you right out of my office. Cash is the only thing that can motivate them at this point.

Run the group buy for 1 week, all in, and make the payment to lock in the prices and lead times. The more you dilly-dally, the more likely you are to lose it all.

Nothing is going to speak louder than a check. We have no buying power whatsoever. They could turn ours down in a heartbeat and sell to others and make more money. If I were in their shoes I would laugh at a contract and shoo you right out of my office. Cash is the only thing that can motivate them at this point.

Run the group buy for 1 week, all in, and make the payment to lock in the prices and lead times. The more you dilly-dally, the more likely you are to lose it all.

True, this. All that QD knows about NES with certainty is that there's a handful of whining girls who want a scarce commodity in a crisis time and demand to have it now. Just STFU and let's do the deal. WTF, ladies.

There's a discussion thread there as well and we have a list of all the people in the original 'In' thread.

The original plan was to run the buy for a week and close it. Anyone who didn't pay in that week was SOL. In the middle of that week QD stopped communicating with us completely and turned off all of their phone numbers.

I agree, I would suggest the mods get in touch with MJR and close up all the threads, and start from scratch. Those who have already put money in are tops of the list, and go from there.

afaik money was refunded.

ahhh gotcha, I thought I had seen some people were still awaiting the return of MO's. Regardless, I think the answer is clear. MJR, might be a good idea to get a new IN thread, run for a week, get a total number of lowers/uppers, get on the phone with QD and get details and such, then arrange payment with everyone, but I digress, totally up to you.

If I had a business that the gooberment was going to potentially shut down or hobble due to bans and restrictions I would be there day and night. I would be ringing in the new year to the sound of billet lowers dropping in the bin.

Last edited:
Between the multiple threads and flakiness on the MFG side, this is a little confusing.

That being said, if this goes down....I'm in 1 lower 556.

And MJR... You are a brave dude good luck and god speed gettin this ish locked up.

Back
Top Bottom