OBSOLETE GUNS ( IF THERE IS SUCH A THOUGHT )

The 455 cylinder was not made for the 45 acp. There is new 455 ammo being made by FIOCCHI

I'm well aware.

But most .455 Webleys in this country have been shaved to take .45ACP, meaning you gotta reload (to .455 specs) if you're not into buying custom loads in (or reloading for) .45 Auto Rim. That Fiocchi .455 won't shoot from a Webley with a shaved cylinder, though it does well enough out of an unmolested example.

It's got small primers, though, which is not as great for some of us who reload.

Yeah, too rich for my blood. .455 is what got me into reloading, and I've got about a lifetime supply now for all my Webleys.

Is yours shaved or unshaved? Pics, or it didn't happen!View attachment 703726
New to the Webley, just picked up a Mk VI .455 ( but it’s shaved ) . Why do people go with the .45 ACP over a shortened.45 Long Colt ? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Any idea where you might find grips ?

470 Capstick.

I want one, but can't find reloading dies, except for one set at $400.

People s*ck, bring back the Capstick.

Last edited:
New to the Webley, just picked up a Mk VI .455 ( but it’s shaved ) . Why do people go with the .45 ACP over a shortened.45 Long Colt ? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Any idea where you might find grips ?

The cylinder was probably shaved to accommodate .45ACP in a clip at a time when American buyers were used to using M1917 Smiths that worked the same way, so they usually copied those specs when machining the cylinders. So it's unlikely that a .45LC rim will be thick enough for the firing pin to reach the primer. Some Webleys were shaved for .45LC, but those are rare; I have one that was done skillfully enough to chamber either .45LC or .45 ACP.

If you don't want to mess with clips, get some .45 Auto Rim brass. It was designed for precisely this purpose: chambering in pistols meant for clipped ACP. Good luck!

Last edited:
I mean the SP101 I have in .38SP is pretty obsolete. Heavy steel, 5 shots all you got.. when the bad guys have switchy machine glocks, 33 round happy sticks, red dots, lights, lasers and shoulder things that go up. But I still love it taking up space in my safe. Would I carry it? Hell no lol.

P7270001.JPG

I mean the SP101 I have in .38SP is pretty obsolete. Heavy steel, 5 shots all you got.. when the bad guys have switchy machine glocks, 33 round happy sticks, red dots, lights, lasers and shoulder things that go up. But I still love it taking up space in my safe. Would I carry it? Hell no lol.

View attachment 778799

Hot 38 is no joke. Nylaclad hollow points or HST. I would rather carry a smith M65/66 but only because I shoot it better, and it's the best combat revolver ever made.

I bet you could put 50k rounds through that sp101 and lockup would still be dead nuts on.

I have a 2.5" Smith model 66 that I guess by todays standards is obsolete. It only hols 6 rounds in today's world of 7 and 8 round Smith revolvers. I also have a 7 shot 3" Smith 686 and 8 shot Smith model TRR8, but the 66 feels like alot more gun.

Don't be an NES skinflint. If you can afford a Capstick, you can afford $400 for the dies! :D
The gun is less than $1K, it is a handgun.
So affording the gun is not an issue.

But I am not going to pay $400 for dies that might or might not be in stock in some European website.

It is too bad, I was looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Hot 38 is no joke. Nylaclad hollow points or HST. I would rather carry a smith M65/66 but only because I shoot it better, and it's the best combat revolver ever made.

I bet you could put 50k rounds through that sp101 and lockup would still be dead nuts on.
Yeah... but lol again hood boogers with 33 round happy sticks

I like obsolete guns especially if they're in obsolete calibers. I have a Colt New Service that I got cheap probably because no one wanted a New Service in 455 Webley.

Yeah... but lol again hood boogers with 33 round happy sticks

Just stand directly in front of them and you'll be safe.

There's a range at Bud's in Lexington, open to the public. Walk in and rent a lane. The quality of the shooting from the 33-round extended mag crowd is on par with what you'd expect. I've seen full grown men mag dump 33 rounds and completely miss the paper at 7 yards. There's actually a sign that says 'no shooting ARs or AR pistols unless it has sights on it'.

Also, if you think you're gonna have a fight it's best to stay home. Or at least bring 5 friends with ARs, body armor, radios, laser designators, and a predator drone operator.

Just stand directly in front of them and you'll be safe.

There's a range at Bud's in Lexington, open to the public. Walk in and rent a lane. The quality of the shooting from the 33-round extended mag crowd is on par with what you'd expect. I've seen full grown men mag dump 33 rounds and completely miss the paper at 7 yards. There's actually a sign that says 'no shooting ARs or AR pistols unless it has sights on it'.
Yeah i saw a few utes popping off an ar without sites at a wma down in fl last year

I was like

Attachments

• bdf0a2be231967906fb3144c8fef9b7a.gif
    bdf0a2be231967906fb3144c8fef9b7a.gif
    452.3 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom