• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Obama EO's importation

Obama signed a EO banning the importation of all firearms, ammo and accessories as part of the small arms treaty that was recently passed. Yup, he did the EO under the cloak and dagger immediately losing his gun control battle in the senate.
Phase 1, complete.
Obama Signs Firearm And Ammo Killswitch | International

"Today, President Obama by passed congress and signed an executive which gives the federal government a power to completely ban the importation of guns, ammunition and even parts and accessories related to firearms.

While the UN Small Arms Treaty would have prevented the United States from both importing and exporting weapons, Obama has effectively signed on to the treaty with his new executive order while allowing the United States to export weapons of deaths to covertly funded clandestine operations in overseas nations where it seeks to further its imperialistic agenda."

Obama signed a EO banning the importation of all firearms, ammo and accessories as part of the small arms treaty that was recently passed. Yup, he did the EO under the cloak and dagger immediately losing his gun control battle in the senate.
Phase 1, complete.

"Today, President Obama by passed congress and signed an executive which gives the federal government a power to completely ban the importation of guns, ammunition and even parts and accessories related to firearms.

While the UN Small Arms Treaty would have prevented the United States from both importing and exporting weapons, Obama has effectively signed on to the treaty with his new executive order while allowing the United States to export weapons of deaths to covertly funded clandestine operations in overseas nations where it seeks to further its imperialistic agenda."

I don't see it up yet if it was signed: Executive Orders | The White House

He has no authority to do so. Congress had better put an end to this and fast.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Phase 1, complete.

For those of us who are not experts in Government, can Executive orders be "repealed" or undone by the next president elect?

It appears to have been signed within the past few days, that's why its not up on the EO link and or Wikileaks. It was signed a few days post senate loss.

I'm going to reserve my outrage until after we hear this stated more clearly from a credible source.
I agree also, but the MSM is not going to tout it yet, its and under the radar act. Before its news has had some very credible articles, but has also been caught with their pants down on others.

Read in this, the order appears to only apply to "exports" and not "imports." Accordingly, I am not sure how it would impact the import market/surplus. if this is the order.

Yes, EO can be repealed by a Pres as they have equal and concurrent authority as executives. It's been done many times.

That was from March, the article claims something signed more recently.

It's not posted yet then. My guess is that it is also part of the UN Arms Treats which is one of the big fears that he would start to act in accordance with it despite knowing that it would fail and we would have a "Zombie Treaty." One of the reasons why it is so important that Congress defund any implementation of the treaty.

Shithead can sign the EO, Then direct Customs to stop importation holding up anything sitting on a dock that has yet to clear and that will create a turd pileup in and of itself. He can also direct ATF to suspend importation licenses of all manufacturers and related items. Yes, it may hold a limited time authorization, but he also can renew the EO at the end of its shelf life.

Shithead can sign the EO, Then direct Customs to stop importation holding up anything sitting on a dock that has yet to clear and that will create a turd pileup in and of itself. He can also direct ATF to suspend importation licenses of all manufacturers and related items. Yes, it may hold a limited time authorization, but he also can renew the EO at the end of its shelf life.

When is the end of his shelf life as president again? 2016...

Where is the EO banning terrorists from know hot beds...

trust me even if Obama tried to shut down importation to the US the gun manufacturers would just move here. no way in hell they give up the biggest and wealthiest market in the world.

like I said the only thing that would really come out of this is pissed off opposition and nra/gun manufacturers wallets being lined.

No, Glock is made in Smyrna, Ga.

No, not really. Some Glock frames are made in GA (I own a Gen3 G34 with an american frame) but I believe most of the guns are imported
from Austria, and at a minimum all the uppers come from Austria.

-Mike

trust me even if Obama tried to shut down importation to the US the gun manufacturers would just move here. no way in hell they give up the biggest and wealthiest market in the world.

like I said the only thing that would really come out of this is pissed off opposition and nra/gun manufacturers wallets being lined.
so in this case its a move that should jolt the economy

best president ever

He has no authority to do so. Congress had better put an end to this and fast.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Actually he does have the authority to do it.

The GCA of 1968 ceded the power to regulate importation and exportation of firearms and ammunition to the ATF.

When the ATF was a part of the treasury, the president had direct authority to sign an EO to tell the ATF what to regulate. This is why we can't get any Chinese made firearms here in the US, Clinton's ATF banned them and Bush never rescinded that regulation (How nice of him). The ATF was moved to fall under the jurisdiction of the Justice department so technically Obama can't issue an EO directing them to ban imports. However, he did appoint Holder so I'm sure Holder will be more than willing to do Obama's bidding on it. But at the same time, the ATF is considered a part of the Executive Cabinet so who really knows if an EO can affect the ATF or not.

Either way, GCA of 1968 give the ATF the power to regulate importation/exportation and that at this point in time is all that matters.

Back
Top Bottom