• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Obama Wants To Regulate Guns Like Cars, Says Gun Ownership Is Too Partisan & Ideological

I didn't listen to the interview, but "does like cars" mean:
  • No license requirements, registration, or insurance for use on private property.
  • No additional license required to transport, openly or concealed, even when fully operational
  • No suspension of license for most restraining orders
  • Licenses from other states (and even some foreign countries) honored
  • No limitations on power
  • Full licensing at 17 in most states
  • No permanent suspension for DUI
  • Liability insurance exclusions for intentional acts.
Somehow, I didn't think so. And let's not even talk about fully automatic transmissions.

I didn't listen to the interview, but "does like cars" mean:
  • No license requirements, registration, or insurance for use on private property.
  • No additional license required to transport, openly or concealed, even when fully operational
  • No suspension of license for most restraining orders
  • Licenses from other states (and even some foreign countries) honored
  • No limitations on power
  • Full licensing at 17 in most states
  • No permanent suspension for DUI
  • Liability insurance exclusions for intentional acts.
Somehow, I didn't think so. And let's not even talk about fully automatic transmissions.
'like cars' means mandatory insurance, annual registration and associated fees, an 'RMV' like structures to support the system, the tests and exams in order to obtain the license, hard restrictions for any purchases - a very deep idea, of how to make a right into a selective and tightly controlled privilege.

'like cars' means mandatory insurance, annual registration and associated fees, an 'RMV' like structures to support the system, the tests and exams in order to obtain the license, hard restrictions for any purchases - a very deep idea, of how to make a right into a selective and tightly controlled privilege.
As long as you don't use the car on public roads, none of those apply.

All-for-me-and-none-for-thee. "Oh I should be able to get a gun, but not you nut jobs!"

the reality is this sort of anti-freedom is rife on both sides of the aisle. I had a buddy who was a cop. He was SO happy when the law for him to carry in 50 states passed. Not that he ever left Massachusetts. EVER!

"John - that law sucks. It's Animal Farm. Everyone should have that right."

"Listen! Police know how to use guns. You regular people don't. So you shouldn't have taht right."

Basically - as long as HE had his right, he was good to stop fighting.

Asses on all sides. Its like Mephisto created this world. We have a 4-assed world.
He doesn't need guns. He has secret service for life. Has his own .gov armed guards and says no guns for the rest of us. Such a Dem

Back
Top Bottom