Obama Assault Weapon Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm anyone see a correlation here?

636_Nancy_Pelosi_hands.jpg

blow-up-doll.jpg

Now that's funny!!

This was a missed opportunity by Romney to explain to the questioner that "assault weapons" by Obama's administration's definition are the weapons that are only available for manufacture and sale to the government since 1986 and that no assault weapons" have been used in the high profile crimes that Obama referenced. Hunting and sport rifles are not assault weapons. I cringed as the reference to "automatic weapons" kept coming out. Really, we have a problem with these?

I agree with what you are saying, from a technical standpoint. But you need to remember who is watching this stuff, a huge number of people just do not get anything that is even REMOTELY technical...I still run into people who think it is cool to brag that they do not know anything about how to use a computer, like that makes them smart? Technical discussions during a national televised debate probably are not a good thing.

But yea, it would be GREAT if someone could finally put this BS "full auto", "assault weapon", "automatic weapons" circus to rest and have most everyone actually GET IT.

It is time for me to go into "Panic Buy" mode, my favorite gun shop is about to open. Maybe an AK, maybe an AR....decisions, decisions....I love contributing to a growing economy!!!! Sorry for the escalating prices, no, I am not. I am a capitalist running dog!

That's good enough for me... [wink]

On a side note - let's punish the FUDDS too... I'm thinking: ban the possession of any firearm capable of holding more than one round of ammunition... Go team! [dance]
Nope, let's go after "large bore" and muzzle energy as real measures of lethality if you want to hit their collection. [devil2]

Nope, let's go after "large bore" and muzzle energy as real measures of lethality if you want to hit their collection. [devil2]

Seriously. I think it would have been great if Romney said, "I promise on my first day in office I will ban the sale and manufacture of automatic weapons to the general public and make sure that these tools of death only are used by our police and military. I will not sell them to the drug cartels in Mexico as this president's administration did."

The only reason you should fear a AWB is because R's in the House would pass one. Obama isn't a king, no matter how much you want to paint him as one. R's control the house and thus control legislation.

This is a moot argument for voting for one over the other.

And if he had the clunking balls to issue an Executive Order, then what?

If I were conspiracy minded, (wink wink) I'd say this is all planned to cause a panic buy, just so us good Americans are good and ready to protect ourselves when they shut off the economy and the welfare state implodes into chaos.

Yep, it is all part of their economic stimulus package! What better way to boost the economy than to create a panic buying situation? Hell, people will be dipping into their kids college funds to buy more guns and ammo now![laugh]

To me both of their answers were just stroke jobs, looked like both of them couldn't get away from the question fast enough, they didn't expect it.

To me both of their answers were just stroke jobs, looked like both of them couldn't get away from the question fast enough, they didn't expect it.

What was bullshit about the topic was how Candy stepped in and saved Obama from having to respond to the F&F question. He was completely cornered.

This was a missed opportunity by Romney to explain to the questioner that "assault weapons" by Obama's administration's definition are the weapons that are only available for manufacture and sale to the government since 1986 and that no assault weapons" have been used in the high profile crimes that Obama referenced. Hunting and sport rifles are not assault weapons. I cringed as the reference to "automatic weapons" kept coming out. Really, we have a problem with these?

Of course we do! I know the first thing most of us do when going through all of the red tape to get a MG license, and then dropping 10-20k on a transferable MG is to go shoot up some schools, and rob some banks with them![laugh]

True, and it was obvious that NEITHER of them are going to be good for us. Glad they were forced into tipping their hand a bit.

I'm glad he said it - will galvanize opponents.

Not everybody thinks that MA is all that.
Many of us are leaving.
F Massachusetts and their shitty gun laws.

smitty
The current Governor, Martha, and Liberals everywhere thank you for helping them make accomplishing their goals even easier.

Last edited:
Not everybody thinks that MA is all that.
Many of us are leaving.
F Massachusetts and their shitty gun laws.

That's almost a Haiku. We can rework it into the 5-7-5 format

MA is not all that
Many of us are leaving
F*** Mass, shitty laws

The second he said that I thought to myself, "he just caused another gun/ammo shortage".

His first attempt to stimulate the economy was a fiasco.

This was a last ditch effort.

More guns = more shops, more employees, fees, shipping, manufacturing, raw materials, replacement parts, repairs, expendable ammo, etc.

It's really a win-win.

His first attempt to stimulate the economy was a fiasco.

This was a last ditch effort.

More guns = more shops, more employees, fees, shipping, manufacturing, raw materials, replacement parts, repairs, expendable ammo, etc.

It's really a win-win.
He had already locked up the NRA lifetime achievement award for gun sales... I mean, you would literally have to violate federal and international law (as he did with F&F) to match his numbers.

At this point the wholesale supply chain won't likely be able to expand enough... We will repeat 2008. Demand is good, shortages are not.

For all of Obama's bluster about wanting to renew an AWB, I think it was just bluster to fire up his retarded progressive base.

The odds of Congresscritters sending him a new AWB to sign are slim. They want one thing and one thing only: To be reelected.

Passing a ban would be the death knell for a lot of their careers.

For all of Obama's bluster about wanting to renew an AWB, I think it was just bluster to fire up his retarded progressive base.

The odds of Congresscritters sending him a new AWB to sign are slim. They want one thing and one thing only: To be reelected.

Passing a ban would be the death knell for a lot of their careers.
Funny thing is that to win, both candidates don't need their base, they need to convince 3% who are waiving in the wind and going back and forth in the polls.

Anyone you could call "base" for ether one made their decision a whole ago. Besides, democrats don't need to get out the vote, they will vote for you if you don't show up, or are dead, or never existed, or only voted once... etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom