Obama Assault Weapon Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is this different from Mittens Romnut's claim that he'll sign any AWB that comes across his desk?
[Reagan]Well[/Reagan], he retracted that you see and more recently told the NRA we don't need any new laws, so it's all good right? Right?

(not kidding, in 2008 he said as you just did that he'd sign it, since around 2009 he has been saying he would not)

He didn't "retract" though, I am sure if you challenged him on this change, he would not say he had changed his opinion, so much as not having the same one as he did before. [sad2]

no stupid....

:)

MA ALREADY had an AWB... Romnerd actually made things slightly better for us.....

Romney makes it sound like the current laws in MA are the result of Pros and Antis coming together and finding a common ground that we can all agree on. BS. We got screwed no matter which way you look at it.

How is this different from Mittens Romnut's claim that he'll sign any AWB that comes across his desk?

I think with Romney - it really has to come across his desk. Would he sign it - sure... he would sign almost anything brought to him.

But with Obama - he has a personal agenda...he really hates guns. (Romney doesn't care about them).

Obama is influenced by the 'Chicago way' where guns have to be banned and are bad. Look at F&F and the clowns like Holder he nominates.
A second term Obama could finally - with tricks like executive orders - come out freely with his disgust against guns...or I should better say 'ordinary' people having guns.

Romney simply lacks that personal hate against guns.

Just my 2c...

Romney makes it sound like the current laws in MA are the result of Pros and Antis coming together and finding a common ground that we can all agree on. BS. We got screwed no matter which way you look at it.

Considering that GOAL complimented the bill that included the redundant AW ban as "good", there is a basis for his claim.

Yes, I know the re-statement of the existing AW ban did not change anything, but it was unfortunate our side complimented any law that reinforced the concept of an AW ban.

[Reagan]Well[/Reagan], he retracted that you see and more recently told the NRA we don't need any new laws, so it's all good right? Right?

(not kidding, in 2008 he said as you just did that he'd sign it, since around 2009 he has been saying he would not)

He didn't "retract" though, I am sure if you challenged him on this change, he would not say he had changed his opinion, so much as not having the same one as he did before. [sad2]
All good? No. We know where his principles are. What I don't get, is that he's a mormon. Every mormon I know is armed to the gills. HOW IS THIS SCHMUCK SUCH AN ANTI?! If he becomes president, will we get Utah Mormon law, or Mitt Mormon law?

Now, call me crazy, but he's been stumping to become POTUS since '09, knowing full well that in order to gain traction he'd have to distance himself from his previous statements and actions. We know he leans towards what will be most profitable for him, so do we believe "Vote for me!" Mitt, or "You voted for me, now eat this shit," Mitt?

hpm - those are some rose colored "what ifs." I find hate hard to believe without proof. However, ol Mitt has done precisely what you think Obama may do. The devil you know vs. the bogeyman you fear I guess.

All good? No. We know where his principles are. What I don't get, is that he's a mormon. Every mormon I know is armed to the gills. HOW IS THIS SCHMUCK SUCH AN ANTI?! If he becomes president, will we get Utah Mormon law, or Mitt Mormon law?
Easy answer - his goal is and has been since he was a teen, is "TO BE PRESIDENT."

As such, his entire political career he has been a wind sock. I understand him to be very principled person in his private life, but he has no political principles other than "WIN!"

Which means "smile and tell them what they want to hear."

That actually would be a good thing for a political representative of a Constitutional Republic with strictly limited powers of government enumerated by the Constitution, adhered to by the courts and enforced at the ballot box, but we don't have any of those things.

This might be the single most important question, perhaps the only question, we should ask all of our politicians...

A true measure of character.

Well, that and if they can fix the shortage on bacon that I heard about in the news last week! Screw the economy, they need to fix that problem.[laugh]

TomH - I know, I don't have photoshop anymore, or I would. :D

While the question of whether he likes bacon is valid, I think more importantly... does he make bacon? IF he makes his own bacon, he is leadership material.

As a side note, I make bacon. ;)

if AWB 2.0 happens, what does this mean for rifles already registered?

Who the hell knows? It all depends on WHAT is in the new law IF it even ever comes to pass.

And pssst....we don't register rifles in free America.

Mods, can you please lock this festival of retardation?

Who the hell knows? It all depends on WHAT is in the new law IF it even ever comes to pass.

Oh! Come on Jose, you take all our fun away!

[slap]

Many of you have asked what a modern "version 2.0" of the Federal Assault Weapons Ban might look like. I have spent a little time reading through proposed legislation and gone through some potential scenarios and here is the next several plausible stages of Federal Firearms Law.

1.) Permanent (no sunset, as in, FOREVER) ban on the manufacture or sale of all full capacity (10 or more round) magazines.
2.) Registration on semi-automatic rifles at a federal level, including purchaser address. Note that the current system is not de facto registration. The FBI/ATF has to conduct an investigation to get your address. The new model will include computerized registration.
3.) Illegal to buy long guns out of state
4.) MANDATORY 10 day waiting period on all firearm purchases
5.) MANDATORY FFL for ALL private party sales. (Something we are kind of used to in MA)

Fast forward 2-10 years to a Supreme Court case concerning castle doctrine and stand your ground. I have NO DOUBT the court will rule that self defense is not a right, especially outside the home. Publicly carrying firearms outside the home for "non-sporting purposes" will be a felonious act. The burden of proof is on you to prove that you were engaged in sporting target.

Many of you will call me a "fear mongering tin foiler" following this post, but you need to get your facts straight. EVERYTHING I MENTIONED has happened on a state by state and/or federal basis in the past decade. Remember the Federal waiting period? It didn't last but it was there...

All it takes is a simple majority and a Presidential signature, or a simple Supreme Court majority.

So, needless to say, whether you are a hunter, target shooter, or believe in the right to defend yourself and your family, an "AWB" is not a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom