• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Obama Assault Weapon Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for bringing in a rational question to this conversation. It won't happen again.

I keep seeing this 10 day waiting period thing and I was watching Terminator the other day and back then they had it, yet when I purchase a weapon of any kind it seems I'm picking it up and going home with it so obviously I'm not running into it.

My real question is: What is the point of the waiting period? You think the criminals might give up and not buy it? lol I've never understood what it's suppose to deter. (Come to think of it I don't know what any of those laws are suppose to deter.)

Sorry for bringing in a rational question to this conversation. It won't happen again.

I keep seeing this 10 day waiting period thing and I was watching Terminator the other day and back then they had it, yet when I purchase a weapon of any kind it seems I'm picking it up and going home with it so obviously I'm not running into it.

My real question is: What is the point of the waiting period? You think the criminals might give up and not buy it? lol I've never understood what it's suppose to deter. (Come to think of it I don't know what any of those laws are suppose to deter.)

I could be wrong but I think it was some bs to stop people who are pissed off at someone buying a gun in anger or for revenge, also could be because there was no instant background checks at the time.

Why are you guys worried about this? Obama said flat out that he supports an assault weapons ban. That means he does NOT support an assault weapons ban and has no intention of following through with it. It came out of his mouth, so it must be a lie. What scared me was where he opened up by stating that he "supported the second ammendment."

It's a California thing. It is just like the rest of the gun control measures, it is there to make it so difficult and aggravating for you to buy a gun that you won't bother.

It is just like the rest of the gun control measures, it is there to make it so difficult and aggravating for you to buy a gun that you won't bother.

gearjunk13; I think your response is the most logical I've ever heard, unfortunately I would tend to agree with edmorseiii more. lol

It is just like the rest of the gun control measures, it is there to make it so difficult and aggravating for you to buy a gun that you won't bother.

gearjunk13; I think your response is the most logical I've ever heard, unfortunately I would tend to agree with edmorseiii more. lol

Thanks, hay edmorseiii got a point It's all bs and just be happy we don't have to deal with it here

I've heard stories that he competes 3 gun with a camelback filled with whisky on his back, while wearing a star spangled suit, and gets carried around by bald eagles.

Obama flies around on a unicorn and shoots rainbows out of his ass - and whenever him and the unicorn are flying, they're protected by a gaggle of Pelosi's flying monkeys.

Maybe Obama and Johnson ought to debate - it would be like a fairy-tale clusterf*&% free-for-all.

Obama flies around on a unicorn and shoots rainbows out of his ass - and whenever him and the unicorn are flying, they're protected by a gaggle of Pelosi's flying monkeys.

Maybe Obama and Johnson ought to debate - it would be like a fairy-tale clusterf*&% free-for-all.

that sounds completely awesome.

i would definitely not want to be one of the guys who are gonna have the job of "going house to house"

images

Did I get it right?

[smile]

Last edited by a moderator:
If they try to pass a fed awb.
Why not occupy with guns. You know use the 2nd amendment ?

Just start converting fudds.

You can just use the Declaration of Independence:
"If there's something wrong, those who have the ability to take action, have the responsibility to take action.

I hope any anti reading this knows exactly what is coming to them if they start ripping away our firearms.

Everything would be illegal though? How would that work? They obviously aren't going to go house to house.

Obviously?

ETA: they go house to house handing out street sweeping parking tickets...then again that generates revenue. I still think it's a coin-flip.

Last edited:
I once said obama didn't appear to have gun control on his agenda... I stand corrected and I will admit when I am wrong! At the same time I really didn't like mittens answer either..... Both of these guys are such doosh bags..... Makes me want to pull my hair out!

Damn it.....I knew I should've placed that order with Brownell's last week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk for idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom