• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NYC lawmaker Inna Vernikov arrested for allegedly bringing gun to Brooklyn College pro-Palestinian rally

What i dont understand is why would you turn yourself in.
it could be a fake gun or not a gun at all, they could have all the photos in the world but if they didn't catch her in the act. F them.

Yes, she refused to follow an unconstitutional law. How brave of her![rofl2]
No, she thought the popo would look the other way. Because "Do you know who I am?".
Still the popo willingly arrested her and violated her civil rights. Because they do what good little brown coats do. The better the pay, the more they violate.
That whole swear to serve and protect the people and follow our constitution takes a back seat to the almighty dollar and their power trip.
The point some are making is. She is for the law as it applies to the poors/serfs.
But how dare you apply it to me. I'm a wealthy, white politician. Don't you brown coats know I'm on your side and have your back?
Silly popo the law doesn't apply to ME! It only applies to the poors and those without friends in high places. Silly brown coat.
News flash...Everyone has that right. And you should be fighting for the people's rights. Not just your own selfish right!

Three years at Rikers Island may change her mind on who's right it is. Probably not though. Elitist's never change. They know everything!
The point some are making is. She is for the law as it applies to the poors/serfs.
But how dare you apply it to me. I'm a wealthy, white politician. Don't you brown coats know I'm on your side and have your back?

So you are saying she is pro gun control and anti 2A? Or are you just blabbering like Pedo Joe?

She is a jewish woman at a pro Palestine rally - i think she wanted to show it off.
looks like a friggin G17 or something too! Not some subcompact.

NEW YORK (AP) — Charges have been dropped against a New York City councilwoman accused of bringing a gun to a protest because her gun was inoperable, prosecutors said Friday.

New York City Council member Inna Vernikov, a strongly pro-Israel Republican, was arrested in October for bringing a handgun to a Brooklyn College demonstration supporting Palestinians.

Vernikov was seen in photos and videos with the butt of a pistol jutting out from her waistband while counterprotesting at the pro-Palestinian rally, according to the NYPD.

NEW YORK (AP) — Charges have been dropped against a New York City councilwoman accused of bringing a gun to a protest because her gun was inoperable, prosecutors said Friday.

New York City Council member Inna Vernikov, a strongly pro-Israel Republican, was arrested in October for bringing a handgun to a Brooklyn College demonstration supporting Palestinians.

Vernikov was seen in photos and videos with the butt of a pistol jutting out from her waistband while counterprotesting at the pro-Palestinian rally, according to the NYPD.
WTF!!!???

Why was she carrying a gun without a recoil spring?

Maybe others can make political points, too.

How about carrying a training gun to a restricted area and see what happens.

Is this broad a fool or a genius?

Still the popo willingly arrested her and violated her civil rights. Because they do what good little brown coats do. The better the pay, the more they violate.
No doubt encourage by the fact she already has special treatment (note she is standing in front of the barrier commoners are being kept behind.

If only these incidences could be used in court to prove the two class system of injustice and prejudice of DA's/ judges against the average citizen..

A gun without a recoil spring can't fire a round? I believe it can't cycle but I don't see why it can't fire the round in the chamber.
Some anti-gun laws have a "can readily be converted" or "readily restored" clause in their definition of a firearm or deactivated firearm. ATF requires two or three cuts across the frame with a saw or torch to qualify as deactivated.

A gun without a recoil spring can't fire a round? I believe it can't cycle but I don't see why it can't fire the round in the chamber.
They obviously gave her an out or she had a discussion with an attorney.

Showing up the next day and turning over the firearm without the recoil spring...see, it's not functional. Prove me wrong.

My only hope is that everyone else is given the same consideration.
Proves to me that gun control laws are really about control and they know that new NY law is worthless.

I would have done the same thing law or not, but been a bit more discrete about it.

I do believe believe that she had a functioning firearm on her person that day. No point of having it without a recoil spring configuration, it was just a club without the recoil spring.
She would have been a one shot Nancy and then been torn apart or beaten to death.

Back
Top Bottom