NSSF filed vs AGO!

In this case, we may just get our chicken plucked.

This is the year of the Red Rooster
chicken-640x818.jpeg

But there is a chance to make the 2A great again

987633448.jpg

Can you guys ask the judge to stay her 7/20 action? Would she have to reveal the data to the judge that made her take the 7/20 action (i.e. prove to the judge that by granting the stay these firearms would cause armeggedon?)

Would a poor outcome in the NSSF case have a negative impact on the Comm2A case should it get decided first?

I would imagine this is why the filing took so long- gotta get everyone on the same page to maximize efficiency. Any case you file you really want to have an appeal plan, I imagine there was a lot of back and forth with NSSF about this.

Last edited by a moderator:
The change wasn't retro-active, it only affects those entering the US. If they were already here they get to stay. It's unfortunate that some people got caught in the middle of the process.

Kind of like those that didnt purchase an AR before 7/20. Sometimes the door closes and your "caught in the middle." 2A is a constitutional right, passage is not.

Update in today's email from NRA-ILA:

[h=1]Massachusetts: New Updates on the AG Gun Ban Lawsuit[/h]
Earlier this week, the Attorney General’s office sought an extension on responding to the plaintiff’s complaint after NRA-ILA proudly announced its financial and legal support of a lawsuit challenging Massachusetts's unconstitutional ban on many of the most popular semi-automatic rifles sold and possessed.
The lawsuit was formally filed last month in response to Massachusetts Attorney General Healey's issued “enforcement notice” that greatly expands the Commonwealth’s definition of “assault weapon.” AG Healey alleges that the ban’s definition of “copy” or “duplicate” “assault weapons” has been misinterpreted for the last 18 years and she is simply the first law enforcement official to discover this incorrect interpretation. Beyond AG Healey’s obviously incorrect interpretation of the law, her enforcement notice fails to provide an intelligible definition of what will be considered an “assault weapon” by her office. No explanation is given for how the definition of an “assault weapon” can change as it applies to individual possession, ownership, and transfer versus sales of new firearms by licensed dealers.
Your NRA-ILA will keep you updated on the status of this lawsuit. Please continue to check [url]www.NRAILA.org[/URL] and your email inbox for alerts on the latest action items.

I think this refers to the other suit.

You are correct. I'll start a 'Worman' thread so we won't get confused.

BTW - this is not out of the ordinary. Extensions of this sort are routinely sought - usually due to resource and scheduling constraints -- and are routinely assented to by the opposing party. Which is exactly what happened here. The AGO asked us for an extension, we agreed and the court granted it. The AGO has until March 16th to answer the complaint on behalf of all defendants.

I think this refers to the other suit.

You are correct. I'll start a 'Worman' thread so we won't get confused.

BTW - this is not out of the ordinary. Extensions of this sort are routinely sought - usually due to resource and scheduling constraints -- and are routinely assented to by the opposing party. Which is exactly what happened here. The AGO asked us for an extension, we agreed and the court granted it. The AGO has until March 16th to answer the complaint on behalf of all defendants.

Mea culpa! I posted it mainly to show NES'er that complain about the NRA not doing anything. Forgot about comm2a suit (don't neg me). [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom