• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Now that's a muzzle blast!

Urj

From the car shoot - I had no idea my rifle's muzzle could create modern art masterpieces! Go green and you may learn things like this! [laugh]

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

Credit to Hanwei for the pictures. Excellent job!

Those were excellent pics. The muzzle blast really stands out. My guess is that the overcast day made it more visible. Was this from a .223 or a larger caliber?

I've got to make it to a shoot....[sad]

Reloaded .223. I'm not sure what the recipe was because I didn't make them but nonetheless that's a serious blast. I'm sure the unthreaded barrel had a lot to do with it.

Hey Urj,

I'm the one with the M&P15FT with the ACOG.

I've used mine in the indoor range at MRA and definitely notice the muzzle blast there. It makes me chuckle when I see it.

Hey Urj,

I'm the one with the M&P15FT with the ACOG.

I've used mine in the indoor range at MRA and definitely notice the muzzle blast there. It makes me chuckle when I see it.

Thanks again for letting me check out that ACOG! Sorry my rifle was being stupid yesterday, evidently you keep yours much cleaner than I do! lol

I never notice the flash when I'm shooting because I flinch pretty bad. [rolleyes] It always gives me a good laugh when I watch others shoot it though!

Well... you may flinch... but that isn't why you don't see the flash. You may be blinking AND flinching... but definitely blinking. Not that uncommon I'm sure. But you should try to keep your eyes open to see the flash. I see lots of flash with my Power Pistol pistol loads... but I honestly don't see anything like that with my AR! Cool.

I never notice the flash when I'm shooting because I flinch pretty bad. [rolleyes] It always gives me a good laugh when I watch others shoot it though!

Thanks again for letting me check out that ACOG! Sorry my rifle was being stupid yesterday, evidently you keep yours much cleaner than I do! lol

It was no problem at all. I wish I could afford both an ACOG and Eotech.

FWIW, mine had some feeding problems too. Hmm, maybe I need a gas piston upper.

I
FWIW, mine had some feeding problems too. Hmm, maybe I need a gas piston upper.

Have you checked your magazines, and rechecked them? Sometimes stupid things can cause jams.

With a good AR you should be able to dump 500+ rounds down its gullet between cleanings, no problem. When I brought mine to the car shoot, it had 400+ rounds worth of smeg in it no problem, and it still ran like a champ.

-Mike

Have you checked your magazines, and rechecked them? Sometimes stupid things can cause jams.

With a good AR you should be able to dump 500+ rounds down its gullet between cleanings, no problem. When I brought mine to the car shoot, it had 400+ rounds worth of smeg in it no problem, and it still ran like a champ.

-Mike

Yeah, very good point. It may be mag related. The 20 rounders seemed to be fine whereas the 30s (unused prebans with green followers) were having problems.

It was a little dirty at the beginning of the day but not awful.

Those were a mix of Qmmo reloads and WWB

All the problems I personally had with my rifle were the result of one mag. Said mag won't be giving me any more trouble.

I can only speculate why Paul had trouble with my rifle, the breech was nasty and gummy because I had never cleaned it well enough (1500+ rounds) he had an empty case get stuck in the breech which I punched out with a rod.

Back
Top Bottom