• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Now Beto O’Rourke Says He Will Buy Back Texans’ AR-15s

Reptile

NES Member
The shifting sands of Democrat gubernatorial candidate Beto O’Rourke’s gun control plans have solidified, for now, into a pledge to buy back AR-15s and AK-47s from Texans if the state legislature will support doing it.

O’Rourke spoke with Texas Tribune CEO Evan Smith on Saturday and KVUE reported O’Rourke’s comments.

Smith asked O’Rourke to clarify his position on confiscatory gun control.

O’Rourke stressed his belief that citizens should not be able to buy a AR-15s, then said: “And if I can find the consensus within the Legislature to have a law in the state of Texas that allows us to buy those AK-47s and AR-15s back, we will.”

He has been down this road many times before.

Continues...

He must be talking about a mandatory buy back program. Otherwise, he's assuming Texans will want to sell them back. Can't really see that.
Copycatting the 1996 confiscation program that took place in Australia and the more recent similar action that took place in New Zealand. Huge waste of taxpayer money. I hope Texans tell him to get lost!

Please use his full name when referring to him: Robert Francis O'Rourke, or as I like to call him Irish Bob. His use of the Beto moniker is a ploy to garner Hispanic support. He is as much Hispanic as Elizabeth Warren is Cherokee or Rachel Dolezal is African American.

Good old Irish Catholic Bob, have a good St Patrick's day and have a Guinness for me.

Last edited:
If he gets elected he’ll kill the 2A in Texas with a thousand cuts. He’ll compete with Maura to see who can restrict people down to single shot flint locks first. He’ll try “buybacks” mag capacity limits, waiting periods, you name it. He’ll run Texas about as well as Emanuel ran Chicago.

If he gets elected he’ll kill the 2A in Texas with a thousand cuts. He’ll compete with Maura to see who can restrict people down to single shot flint locks first. He’ll try “buybacks” mag capacity limits, waiting periods, you name it. He’ll run Texas about as well as Emanuel ran Chicago.
he came close to beating Cruz the last time :(

i know texas is a far cry from what it used to be just over the last couple years but i never thought they'd even allow a mention of gun control. To me Texas was always synonymous with gun rights

I'm in Texas now, been here a week, playing poker with the rich oil guys!🤑
Good luck taking their guns, maybe east cost or west coast, but not here.

What our Texas cousins think of Beto:

What they will be looking for is every magazine fed semi auto rifle and probably pistols and shotguns.
Like the dog that chased cars,
what are they gonna do when they find some?

In Texas?

You know,
the state where every few seasons some homeowner
re-enacts Gran Torino, but with a happy ending.
gran_torino_-_h_-_2008.jpg

Have friends and family in Texas. They laugh and swear it'll never happen. But Austin and Houston are lost to the Libs. San Antonio just primary'd a Squad backed libtard over a moderate dem incumbent. Texas is flooded with illegals. If the major cities fall then the state will fall. I worry that it's only a matter of time.

Back
Top Bottom