November Elections - hypothetical gun grab

So, I’m still very new to all this. I had my LTC in MA for years but only recently bought my first gun. Same with understanding details on laws, state and otherwise. Obviously, what motivated me was what was going on with Covid overreach and closures in the state, riots, “defunding” the police - just like apparently millions of people across the country.
Now, thinking ahead how the presidential (and senate!) elections may turn out and listening to some of the ever more aggressive rhetoric, I’m wondering what potential outcomes and consequences might be. Let’s stipulate the Democrats win big time in November, then what? How quickly will they be able to block purchases (or worse)? How could this motivate the players in Massachusetts to go crazy on short notice?
More practically speaking I still want to get a second (smaller) carry gun and a rifle (probably a Tavor X95 and a bunch of old magazines for it). Meanwhile stocking up on ammo. Risky to wait until after November? January? (I like to put cash aside for these kind of purchases and not use the household budget or even put it on a credit card).

OP If you read what you wrote again, you’ve already answered your own question.

It’s been a risk for the last 2 or 3 decades to wait one moment longer.

I’ve been trying to explain to friends and family members who all of a sudden now have all kinds of questions about getting licensed and armed, and then actually finding ammo to train and store for themselves. They just don’t get it and are so far behind the power curve they’re really going to be left with scraps, junk or paperweights if they don’t jump in head first and start spending money, quickly, and even if they did it today they’re in for a helluva sticker shock and a frustrating days on end search sometimes just to get started.

Get out now and buy what you should already have. A HD handgun, a CCW Handgun and an AR or AK, preferably 2 Rifles. Your probably going to need to get on the classifieds here to get your rifle/s. Again you need to do this NOW. Good luck bud

Your chances of finding a Tavor or other post-heliban legal semi auto counter insurgency rifle at a gun shop after a Biden win (if it happens) are close to zero unless you want to pay opportunistic prices on a consignment gun.

If they "win big in November " they won't have to block purchases because people will collectively shit their pants so hard they will go out and buy anything and everything to the point where lines will be out the door, NICS will be seized up, and everything will be oos as far as the eye can see.

Buy what you need now. Put it on a card and then set a monthly or weekly budget for gun stuff. Put that amount towards the card until the balance is paid and then put it towards ammo, training, mags, etc.

They're gonna eyeball 30 round mags, semi auto anything, ARs AKs, binary triggers, 80% receivers and tools, NFA stuff, mail order ammo, etc.

Hypothetically... I'm gonna 'Grab' every gun I can put my hands on. (and afford [rofl2])

So, I’m still very new to all this. I had my LTC in MA for years but only recently bought my first gun. Same with understanding details on laws, state and otherwise. Obviously, what motivated me was what was going on with Covid overreach and closures in the state, riots, “defunding” the police - just like apparently millions of people across the country.
Now, thinking ahead how the presidential (and senate!) elections may turn out and listening to some of the ever more aggressive rhetoric, I’m wondering what potential outcomes and consequences might be. Let’s stipulate the Democrats win big time in November, then what? How quickly will they be able to block purchases (or worse)? How could this motivate the players in Massachusetts to go crazy on short notice?
More practically speaking I still want to get a second (smaller) carry gun and a rifle (probably a Tavor X95 and a bunch of old magazines for it). Meanwhile stocking up on ammo. Risky to wait until after November? January? (I like to put cash aside for these kind of purchases and not use the household budget or even put it on a credit card).

tumblr_oof7rk2NoA1vr26xwo1_400.gif

If they "win big in November " they won't have to block purchases because people will collectively shit their pants so hard they will go out and buy anything and everything to the point where lines will be out the door, NICS will be seized up, and everything will be oos as far as the eye can see.

Buy what you need now. Put it on a card and then set a monthly or weekly budget for gun stuff. Put that amount towards the card until the balance is paid and then put it towards ammo, training, mags, etc.

They're gonna eyeball 30 round mags, semi auto anything, ARs AKs, binary triggers, 80% receivers and tools, NFA stuff, mail order ammo, etc.

This.

To OP: It's kinda the perfect storm right now. COVID, civil unrest and the election. Guns and ammo are already pretty scarce. If Biden wins in November then everyone will be grabbing up whatever they can get before Jan 20th. I feel the same way about budgeting and setting aside money for planned purchases but prices for guns and ammunition fluctuate a surprising amount so you might be better off to spend now and pay yourself back after.

Yeah you should wait till January.....you know.....when the shelves are completely bare. 🙄

Go GREEN and cut your questions by 91.6 %. Jack.
I'm all for supporting the site, but how does that help with the OP's questions ?

If he goes green, he will have access to the NES classified & selling sections and at least have a better source to legally find and purchase firearms and ammo.

Granted, all pricing is not friendly at the moment, but if people are shopping "now", they simply need to face this more expensive reality that is at hand,
and pay more to get what they want "need".

Best of luck in your endeavors OP.
You'll find this site is a great resource for help with all of your questions, including good suggestions and tips for finding ammo and additional legal firearms.

If it helps, OP, I started stocking some ammo and other pre-election purchases back in February. And I was a little slow on that this time because I was busy with grad school. You’re behind the curve. The ammo and gun drought from COVID and riots will not ease up before the election, or after the election.

Hopefully you can get stuff before anything is banned. I’m not even one of the doomsday neighsayers. If they take the White House and also flip the senate, they’re going to pass some truly bad stuff. Our only hope is they try for too much and we eventually get things smacked down by the courts in 5-10 years.... and they haven’t stacked the SCOTUS with more anti-gun people.

Find a good friend with a boat and when the day comes say "what guns"? If they're willing to take your guns and yank your LTC what the hell difference does anything make at that point? We no longer have a civil society.

I don't think any gun grab would ever happen because when the gun grabbers have to go into minority owned homes and gun down an entire family for a couple of handguns, the optics well let's just say that George Floyd protests would be a summer picnic. So gun grabs are nothing more than science fiction.

OP If you read what you wrote again, you’ve already answered your own question.

It’s been a risk for the last 2 or 3 decades to wait one moment longer.

I’ve been trying to explain to friends and family members who all of a sudden now have all kinds of questions about getting licensed and armed, and then actually finding ammo to train and store for themselves. They just don’t get it and are so far behind the power curve they’re really going to be left with scraps, junk or paperweights if they don’t jump in head first and start spending money, quickly, and even if they did it today they’re in for a helluva sticker shock and a frustrating days on end search sometimes just to get started.

as long as they find something in .40, they can ride out anything

Find a good friend with a boat and when the day comes say "what guns"? If they're willing to take your guns and yank your LTC what the hell difference does anything make at that point? We no longer have a civil society.

I don't think any gun grab would ever happen because when the gun grabbers have to go into minority owned homes and gun down an entire family for a couple of handguns, the optics well let's just say that George Floyd protests would be a summer picnic. So gun grabs are nothing more than science fiction.
My guess is that they will run a query against the FA10 data base here in MA and see who has the most guns on record. They will be targeted first. CA also has a DOJ database because all guns have to be registered there. Same with NYC. That is why I will never register a gun.

Back
Top Bottom