Not a picture I would want to take

oops I slipped
SunFeb07104933AmericaNew_York2010.jpg

yeah. that evil gun might go off all by itself. [smile]

It's pretty much going to have to, unless it has some sort of self firing device installed. My guns have a neat little thingy called a trigger, which has to be depressed to fire it. The dude in the picture above has fantastic trigger discipline.

NRA Gun Safety Rule #1: ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.

"Never let the muzzle cover anything you don't wish to see destroyed."

It's pretty much going to have to, unless it has some sort of self firing device installed. My guns have a neat little thingy called a trigger, which has to be depressed to fire it. The dude in the picture above has fantastic trigger discipline.

Well then if that's how you feel, would you mind meeting up with me and my AR at the Frosty Shoot?? That is a badass angle to have a picture of oneself!

I'm going to guess that's a staged shot for a magazine cover or something.

In addition to the trigger discipline, I wouldn't be surprised if the mag were empty.

yeah. mine have that annoying safety feature, too. i wished i lived in a really free state where my guns didn't need triggers, and could just shoot whenever they felt like it.[laugh]
Hey, wasn't the Republican party founded as an anti-slavery party? Maybe we need to start a "free-gun" party? Guns deserve freedom like everything else... [rofl2]

Those shin guards look just like kneepads. LOL

U.S. troops wear their knee pads the same way - they must only slip them up when they absolutely need them. Wearing the knee pads cuts down on movement some. Best to have them there if you need them but not have them actually covering your knees.

Well, maybe, but as far as I'm concerned he fails any other "discipline" test. Rifle (presumably loaded, but it really doesn't matter) shouldn't be pointed at the photographer. There are ways to take the desired photo without breaking so many rules.

A few summers bavk, out at Devens, the Marines had a bunch of "toys" on display before the fireworks.

I didnn't care that the guns were without magazines, pointing the things at another person and saying, "Hey! Take my picture!" just rubbed me the wrong way.....

Of course, my then-6-year-old DID get to start a Humvee..... [smile]

Well, maybe, but as far as I'm concerned he fails any other "discipline" test. Rifle (presumably loaded, but it really doesn't matter) shouldn't be pointed at the photographer. There are ways to take the desired photo without breaking so many rules.

As McGyver said in his post the gun is not actually pointed at the photographer. It may appear that way because film is 2 dimensional and the photo of them was probably taken with a telephoto which compresses the distance making it look closer then it really is.

why do people always jump to the conclusion that these pictures taken under the worst possible conditions? [rolleyes]

Yes, if you sweep me with your barrel at the range, you're going to get an earfull from me. But if we thoughtfully set up a photo with trusted people I might take that photo. I might do it just to piss off some of the picture Nazis...

Back
Top Bottom