Northeast Trading Co, North Attleboro, MA

About a month ago I too bought a gun from JollyRoger that was transferred at NET. It's nice to go into a store that's clean, air conditioned, and staffed by friendly people who treat you like a human being. Good prices, and I saw a much larger selection of ammo than I've seen anywhere else.

It's worth the drive, and I'll be back.

Went to NET to talk to Dave about an M1 Carbine problem. While I was there, a young guy working behind the counter came up and told me about cans of mil-surp .30-06 they had. I asked him how he knew I was looking for .30-06 and he said "If you've got a Carbine you've probably got a Garand."
That's the kind of customer service I like.
Excellent store, and Dave is a big plus there.
Tinpig

Stopped by the store on my way to the NES clinic over at Mansfield range. The instant I walked in, the younger guy behind the counter (do not remember his name...sorry) asked me how I liked my Walther. This completely caught me by surprise. I indeed purchased my Walther P99c from him over three months ago and have not been back to the store since. I cannot believe that he remembered who I was and what gun I got. Wow!

Also, the guys working behind the counter were very helpful answering my holster related questions.

Yes, NET is one of my favorite gun stores.

That had to be Kevin. Tall, thin fellow?

He did that to me Thursday about the G23 I bought (NES seller, did the transfer thru NET) some months ago. Caught me unaware too. [wink]

NET is a great place to deal with. Kevin has sold me three 1911's, an M&P, and two Savage .22s, but for some reason he cannot remember my name.... Don't get me wrong, he's a great kid, and a pleasure to deal with.... But.... My name is the same as his! LoL!

Jr

Picked up a S&W M&P 9mil for my wife, (which she absolutely loves) and a pile of ammo @ North East Traders last week from Kevin. Another pleasant transaction. I wish they were closer to Bourne.

AA++

L

I was there today. Kevin even remembered my name from over a week ago. Treated very nicely by Ted and Kevin. I was treated well there while I was waiting for my permit and couldn't even buy anything.

I won't go anywhere else at this point.

I was there tonight, and more excellent service. I think they actually know my bank account number by heart now [shocked]. Kevin even called me by my name [smile]! They are great guys, and a pleasure to deal with. Picked up an S&W 22S, some more SA .308, and mags for my Savage .22.

Jr

NET has some of the best prices on ammo and components as well. I can't remember the last time I bought powder or .22 ammo anywhere else.

I think it would be excellent if GOAL did an interview with Ted and published it in the Outdoor Message. Nothing inflamatory, and not passing judgement - just asking him a few questions, and printing the answers exactly as given by Ted.

I think it would be excellent if GOAL did an interview with Ted and published it in the Outdoor Message. Nothing inflamatory, and not passing judgement - just asking him a few questions, and printing the answers exactly as given by Ted.

If they wait a couple of months he should have plenty of time on his hands.

Northeast Trading

Been going to see Ted and Kevin for years. Knowledgeable guys for sure. Purchased everything from Sig's, 230, 239, 226, 220 to S&W 1911, (2) M&P's, Glock 21, AR-15, Mossberg shotgun, and thousands of rounds of ammo. You know you may be able to save a little here and there on ammo, but Big Box Stores won't remember your name, nor will they help you if you have a problem. Northeast just has that "hometown" feeling to it, like us old timers used to get when you could buy ammo at the local hardware store.. Just go in for a visit, look and handle lots of guns and have intelligent conversation with friends. Great place, good prices. If you've never been there, I highly recommend it.

Fleshwound

Unfortunately, very true. You won't catch ME in there, though... I'm allergic to rats.

I can be quite happy patronizing stores who don't feel the need to get the AG involved in anything.

Guys, since this is a review thread, why not just make your comments concise and professional.

To summarize for those who are looking for an honest opinion, NET has a good selection, good prices, and they are knowledgeable and friendly.

The downside, however, has recently come to light.

NET's Ted Oven has been accused of selling out the new Foxboro Bass Pro Shops to the AG for violating regulations applying to the EOPS list (selling non-EOPS items) as well as those not meeting the AG's regulations. Now, if that were all, one might not be all that concerned because the AG was going to find out nonetheless. However, one must factor in the additional information that recently came to light. Oven has apparently in the past, recently confirmed by a respected member of the community, been one of the people ratting out online dealers for shipping ammunition to Massachusetts. This resulted in several companies being sued and has prevented many big name companies from dealing with Mass resident, all because they hurt his sales.

Make your own choice. When it was just the AG/EOPS stuff, I wasn't that concerned. But when this info about the online sales stings came out, I decided to no longer patronize his establishment.

Been going to see Ted and Kevin for years. Knowledgeable guys for sure.
Fleshwound
Kevin is the only reason I ever stepped foot in that place.
It would be nice if Kevin got his FFL and opened his own shop. NET would lose half it"s business over night IMO.

Back
Top Bottom