Northeast Trading Co, North Attleboro, MA

Another happy camper here.

I just picked up a new S&W and two boxes of ammo for a very fair price. But then, Ted usually takes very good care of me.

I just wish he'd stock bulk JACKETED/PLATED pistol bullets.

Try Four Seasons for the plated bullets. He bought a ton of them, but apparently they aren't selling very fast. Once they are sold out I wouldn't bet that he'll re-order. I bought some .38/.357, .40 and .45 from him. Not sure if the weights meet what you're looking for but they do it for me as I'm loading for target load practice (vs buying tons of WWB).

If they aren't "fast movers" and the dealer has to invest lots of money to buy in quantity for a decent price, that might be why Ted doesn't carry them.

Very friendly bunch. I purchased a handful of accessories from them a few weeks ago. Had a good half hour chat while they let my son finger through some books near the register. I've been back a least once a week since to pick up amo and cleaning supplies, again nothing but friendly and informative. They can look forward to two gun purchases in the coming weeks.

Just an update: Went back to buy my first shotgun and again nothing but great things to say. Fast and pleasurable transaction. Ted was great, full of information. Now that I also made a firearms purchase with them I'd highly recommend them.

Last edited:
Stopped by today after shooting a couple hundred rounds at AFS. Thought the customer service was fine, prices were pretty good as well. Wide selection of handguns and accessories, decent selection of long guns. I'll definitely be stopping in there now and then. Bought some 7.62x51mm ammo as I was running low.

Visited NET this weekend; definately good service, although my gun purchase went to FSguns because they were a little bit lower in price on this particular firearm, Ted seemed reasonable and tried to make it work out. In the end, I guess running a small business sometimes means not being able to match 'everyone else's' prices. But again, overall, very informative, good vibe and nice staff. We'll definately do business sometime in the future.

It probably cost you as much - or more - in gas as you saved by not shopping in your own town.

Ted does have good people working for him and his prices are fair. I've never felt the need to drive halfway across the state when NET is so close.

No, the difference was about 10% which makes it worthwhile on this particular purchase and make me question the wholesale prices/sales mark ups which tend to be 7-10% on these type items. But I would not hesitate to go back to NET and see whats on the shelf. You can't blame a guy trying to feed the family, expecially in this day and age. Ted's prices where pretty much in line with FS and I would definatley make some purchases from him. I probably would have made the move in No. Attleboro on this one if a box of ammo or something stupid that was thrown in or discounted but whatever, like I said, business is business and it's not a bad little shop for the right deal.

Last edited:
I actually stop by there every time I go to AFS (and stop by FS when I go to MRA).

Great shop, bought some more ammo last week.

It probably cost you as much - or more - in gas as you saved by not shopping in your own town.

Ted does have good people working for him and his prices are fair. I've never felt the need to drive halfway across the state when NET is so close.

I agree. I've only been to FS a few times because I was already out that way. The only other reason I would go there was if they had something that I have been looking for, and Ted did or couldn't get it...say a used gun that Carl has on the shelf.

Other than that, I pretty much do all my shopping from NET or the Powder Keg in Mansfield.

I will also add that while I was in there the other day, he didn't have something in stock and actually referred a customer to FS.

How many stores will send you to a competitor's store?

I will give Ted that...if he can't get it, he'll send you to someone that can.

When I'm working, I send people to Ted all the time as well...but it's not like the Lodge has a lot of firearm stuff. But I do keep a pocket full of cards in my pocket to hand out to people when they come in.

Dropped by to see Ted today... Just got a shippment of something like 40 newly released Paras...9mm, .40, .45...3 big boxes...I coaxed him into letting me handle the new S16 40 LTD. Wow nice gun! I would have grabbed it right then but I would have gotten a divorce when I got home...

Speaking of Ted over at Northeast Trading. He recently helped me out with my new this year S&W 1911DK.
I ended up seeing some damage done to the frame from an un-machined bump that was there. The slide would come back, hit the bump and then burr up the other side of the frame real bad. I showed this to him and he helped me out. I told him that I have a ton of kids in my neighborhood so I didn't want to send it back to S&W from home. He took the gun and said no problem, he took photos and wrote a letter to Smith for me while I contacted S&W for a shipping label. The label showed up and I gave it to Ted, a few weeks later I got a call from Ted saying that my 1911 had just showed up with a new frame [smile]
Thanks a ton Ted !!!!
I have been busy as hell lately and can't seem to find the time to do anything. Thanks again to Northeast, I just wish I had the time to go and shoot the damn thing now [crying]

Northeast Trading Co. AA++

Stopped by their store for the first time this am. to look for some 5.56/.223 and grabbed 1k of S&B .223 55gr. for short money I thought. The young guy working this am. was very helpful and knowledgable. They get an A from me today.

[smile]

Last edited:
Stopped by their store for the first time this am. to look for some 5.56/.223 and grabbed 1k of L&B .223 55gr. for short money I thought. The young guy working this am. was very helpful and knowledgable. They get an A from me today.

I'm guessing you mean S&B, which is one of the better values in ammunition.

Northeast has a very good staff, as well as a good selection of guns and ammo. Ted also teaches a thorough firearms safety seminar.

I have purchased all my firearms from Ted as well as taking the class through him to get my LTC. He has always been willing to help out with any questions. All the people down there are very helpful and they always have a good selection. Great all around store.

Anthony

I just bought my first gun from Northeast, and it was an excellent experience. Both Ted & Kevin are Great, and were extremely helpful. I'll definately be doing business with them in the future (I hear that Bushmaster AR15 calling my name now)!

Northeast Trading Company - very nice little store

Yesterday, on my way down to the Cape, I stopped by the Northeast Trading Company in Norht Attleboro. I have learned about its existence just a few days ago and since they open at 7:00 AM on both Saturday and Sunday, I figured I would check them out.

Boy, what a great store! They have a really nice selection of handguns. Prices seem to be very competitive (from what little I know, that is). They have a decent selection of long guns, ammo up to whazoo and all the reloading supplies one may need. Overall, a very well stocked place.

Naturally, no trip to a gun shop should be without buying something small...So I got a Walther P99c AS. This is my first compact firearm. I needed something I could carry to the office on daily basis and my Sig was just too big.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know about this store. Oh and it is very easy to get to.

EDIT: I apologize to the moderator (whoever moved my post into here) for posting in the wrong place. Also, I did not realize that there already was a thread about the Northeast Trading Company. Promise to do a better search next time. [grin]

Last edited:
Readers may wish to note that Dave Santurri has moved from RI to NET's block. He's right in back, as I understand it.

Readers may wish to note that Dave Santurri has moved from RI to NET's block. He's right in back, as I understand it.

Is he in the store (where the bait and reload tables are), or is he renting space in the same building? Please tell me he is some how still a RI FFL.

Is he in the store (where the bait and reload tables are), or is he renting space in the same building? Please tell me he is some how still a RI FFL.

He's in an adjacent building. I don't know the status of his FFL. Heck, call NET and ask - he might even have his own line by now.

Last edited:
Dave is in the building behind Northeast Trading. It is not the same building, but attached to the appliance shop next door to the plaza which Northeast Trading is in. If you were to walk out the back door of Ted's, Dave's shop is across the way.

Just call him with any questions, his number is the same.
401-726-1310.

If you were to walk out the back door of Ted's, Dave's shop is across the way.

Just don't do it openly carrying an unsecured gun, like the idiot from RI did (he's very lucky the N. Attleboro chief is fair, reasonable and checked the law with Ted!).

Just don't do it openly carrying an unsecured gun, like the idiot from RI did (he's very lucky the N. Attleboro chief is fair, reasonable and checked the law with Ted!).

Yes, don't do that. I was just trying to give a mental picture of where Dave is now. It has its own driveway and parking.

Back
Top Bottom