non-resident NH LTC

I got mine in today! WOW, is that some sort of a record, 18 days?! [smile]

Wow! Congrats!

But, I just have to know, HOW did you pull that off? I have a co-worker that waited 4 months for his and I submitted my application on June 5th!! And most people on this board waited 3-4 months for their non-res.

Do you know someone who is connected? Did you make any special calls? Just curious as to how to expedite the process.

Thanks

Wow! Congrats!

But, I just have to know, HOW did you pull that off? I have a co-worker that waited 4 months for his and I submitted my application on June 5th!! And most people on this board waited 3-4 months for their non-res.

Do you know someone who is connected? Did you make any special calls? Just curious as to how to expedite the process.

Thanks

I dunno why it came back so fast, but am sure glad it did! All I did was download the form, filled it out and mailed it. I just recently completed an adjudication process by the Federal Government though, I wonder if that had anything to do with it. Hmmmm?

I dunno why it came back so fast, but am sure glad it did! All I did was download the form, filled it out and mailed it. I just recently completed an adjudication process by the Federal Government though, I wonder if that had anything to do with it. Hmmmm?

I downloaded the form too and sent it in on April 2nd and I am still waiting.

Sent mine in @ the beginning of May. I called the Permits and License Unit today (603-271-3575) and got a recorded message saying they are currently working on pistol permits submitted at the end of April. Guess I'll have to wait about another month.

Sent mine in @ the beginning of May. I called the Permits and License Unit today (603-271-3575) and got a recorded message saying they are currently working on pistol permits submitted at the end of April. Guess I'll have to wait about another month.

I sent mine in on April 2nd. My check was cashed on August 3rd and I still have not received my permit.

I received my Non-Resident permit today. 4 months and 13 days after I sent it in. Finally!

A license to carry a loaded handgun may be issued for PROTECTION or ALL PROPER PURPOSES. One or more of these reasons must be noted on the application, in the space provided for reason(s) you make application to carry a pistol in New Hampshire.
what is difference?, Protection vs. All Proper purposes

I called last week, they're just getting to the week of April 21'st for the people still waiting under the $20 delay.

I put down all proper purposes, because I felt "protection" was redundant under the other verbiage.

This is NH's stand on the purposes...
This is still accurate that I took from the Freestate blog, but you can look up the law outlined below.

according to the law (RSA 159:6), “hunting, target shooting, or self-defense shall be considered a proper purpose. The license shall be valid for all allowable purposes regardless of the purpose for which it was originally issued.”

I am going for it, $100 investment as far as I am concerned.

One question does the letter from the PD just apply to those in Vermont? Am I reading the app correct?

Also what reason did you folks use for said ALP?

Thank you

bill

Last edited:
I am going for it, $100 investment as far as I am concerned.

One question does the letter from the PD just apply to those in Vermont? Am I reading the app correct?

Also what reason did you folks use for said ALP?

Thank you

bill

If you read the application it tells you what the acceptable answer is. This was cut and pasted from the instructions for the non-res permit.

A license to carry a loaded handgun may be issued for PROTECTION or ALL PROPER PURPOSES. One or more of these reasons must be noted on the application, in the space provided for reason(s) you make application to carry a pistol in New Hampshire.

If you read the application it tells you what the acceptable answer is. This was cut and pasted from the instructions for the non-res permit.

Obviously I read it that is why I asked the question, do I have to give a reason for one or the other.

Thank you

bill

Sent mine in 8-20. Check cashed 8-27. Will check back in when license hits the mail box. I used this form I found on line http://www.tewksburyrodandgun.org/documents/NH%20Non-Resident%20LTC.pdf If you use this form you can fill out the form on line and print it out with all your information already on it. If you write like I do this makes your application look very professional. Rememmber this is an older form. It still says 20 bucks. Don't forget to write your check for a hundred. Other than that the form is identical to the newest one.

Obviously I read it that is why I asked the question, do I have to give a reason for one or the other.

Thank you

bill

You don't need to give a reason for wanting "PROTECTION or ALL PROPER PURPOSES". The answer for wanting the permit IS for PROTECTION or ALL PROPER PURPOSES.

In other words on the line that asks. "For what reason(s) do you make application to carry a pistol in New Hampshire?" The answer you put on that line should be " For PROTECTION or ALL PROPER PURPOSES"

Here in NH we don't care what your reason for carrying is just as long as it's legal. Can't you just feel the freedom? [smile]

Last edited:
Received mine in the mail yesterday or the day before. Postmarked 8/31. :D Sent in my app on 8/19. Not a bad turn around.

Brand new NH Non-Resident-LTC in the mail today Sept 5th. Issued on the 24 Aug and I got it today. I sent it in on the 20th Aug check cleared bank on the 27 Aug. Not bad in my book. I can't understand the wait involved with some of the applicants??

You don't need to give a reason for wanting "PROTECTION or ALL PROPER PURPOSES". The answer for wanting the permit IS for PROTECTION or ALL PROPER PURPOSES.

In other words on the line that asks. "For what reason(s) do you make application to carry a pistol in New Hampshire?" The answer you put on that line should be " For PROTECTION or ALL PROPER PURPOSES"

Here in NH we don't care what your reason for carrying is just as long as it's legal. Can't you just feel the freedom? [smile]

Thank you....you are free.

Brand new NH Non-Resident-LTC in the mail today Sept 5th. Issued on the 24 Aug and I got it today. I sent it in on the 20th Aug check cleared bank on the 27 Aug. Not bad in my book. I can't understand the wait involved with some of the applicants??

I think they're processing new permits under the $100 fee first. The people still waiting only paid $20 before July 1st.

Back
Top Bottom