• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

non-resident NH LTC

I just found out my $20 check (dated June 15) was just cashed on Oct. 23! I should be getting my NH renewal any month now. [crying]

Apparently, the NH state employees have read the Mass. state employees handbook. "Take your time. You get paid anyway."

For those of you keeping score:

Mailed application on 6/16/09 (with $20 fee)
Check cashed on 10/23/09
Permit arrived in the mail 11/12/09

This is about as efficient as the VA health care system. [frown]

Sent Maine non-res 9/26, check cashed first week in November, no license yet...

Sent Maine non-res 9/26, no check cashed yet, no license yet...

Have CT application; new fees are:
$19.25 cashiers check or money order payable to DPS ,
AND a $50 check or money order payable to DPS both with the two fingerprint cards,
AND a $70 check or money order payable to DPS for the application.

And several of the documents need to be notarized as well...
[/LIST]

Sent Maine non-res 9/24, check cashed 10/27, no license yet...

Sent CT application 11/2; received envelope today (11/13)... excitedly went to Post Office... they were returning entire packet because I missed a signature. Re-sent application 11/13.

Last edited:
Hey all. I have a question regarding the NH non res license.
I had one about 14 years ago. I believe it has since expired. Of course I can't seem to find it. Wondering if you all think I need to find the old one before I re-apply. Anyone have any thoughts?

Woohoo, just got off the phone with NH Permits & License Unit (Switchboard Phone # is: 603-271-2791) and they informed me the license was just printed and on it's way. Now sending the Maine App in :)

They cashed my check Oct 23rd. And of course guess what was in the mail today when I got home :) YuP!!!

Weird tho, it doesn't say anything on it...I figured it would have "all lawful purposes" or something printed, but I guess nothing means everything :) live free or die!!! Hooahh!!!

I wanted to be able to carry in NH as well as MA and based on my research a PA non resident LTC will cover me in NH because of the reciprocal agreements with the state. License cost me $26 I believe.

I wanted to be able to carry in NH as well as MA and based on my research a PA non resident LTC will cover me in NH because of the reciprocal agreements with the state. License cost me $26 I believe.

You sure about this? Things I've seen indicate this isn't true.
http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

I also have the PA Non-res, but I got it because of the occasional trip to PA.

edit: some deeper searching shows information supporting the reciprocity agreement between PA and NH..good to know

another edit: Nope, I was right the first time - http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/nhsp/ssb/permitslicensing/plupr.html
PLEASE NOTE: The State of New Hampshire will only recognize resident concealed handgun licenses from these states.

Last edited:
So I mailed my Non-Res NH application in last weds (12/2) and the check was cashed this morning... that seems fast, since most readers seemed to get their NH CCW not long after the check was cashed. Any thoughts?

Sent Maine non-res 9/24, check cashed 10/27, no license yet...

Sent CT application 11/2; received envelope today (11/13)... excitedly went to Post Office... they were returning entire packet because I missed a signature. Re-sent application 11/13.

Received Maine today! [grin] [smile] [mg] [banana]

So I mailed my Non-Res NH application in last weds (12/2) and the check was cashed this morning... that seems fast, since most readers seemed to get their NH CCW not long after the check was cashed. Any thoughts?

So I can't believe how fast NH was in getting me my non-res CCW. Mailed it last weds and i just got it today... that like 10 days.. including postal time! Thats Amazing!

It says return service requested on the envelope though, the only thing in it was the license... ?

Anyway! woooo whoooo!!!

Sheesh NH you ought to teach MA how to get a permit out to someone ... 6 working days and I had mine .. Mailed out last Monday got it back yesterday

My search-fu may be weak but I couldn't find an answer...

I have a MA LTC-A but it's restricted to target and hunting only. Can I get a NH non resident CCW with these restrictions in place on my MA permit? Thanks.
-W

So I can't believe how fast NH was in getting me my non-res CCW. Mailed it last weds and i just got it today... that like 10 days.. including postal time! Thats Amazing!

It says return service requested on the envelope though, the only thing in it was the license... ?

Anyway! woooo whoooo!!!
We put in a good word for you. "Hey, anybody from NES is A-OK."

Back
Top Bottom