• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

non-resident NH LTC

My search-fu may be weak but I couldn't find an answer...

I have a MA LTC-A but it's restricted to target and hunting only. Can I get a NH non resident CCW with these restrictions in place on my MA permit? Thanks.
-W

According to http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/newhampshire.pdf you need an Unrestricted in order to get a NH-Non res

The New Hampshire State Police issue Non-Resident permits. Contact them at:
Department of Safety
Division of State Police
Permits and Licensing Unit
33 Hazen Drive
Concord, NH 03305
They will send you the proper paperwork or you can download and print off an application and fill it out and
mail it in. Cost is $100 and the Permit/License is valid for 4 years. You must have a non restricted permit
from another state before New Hampshire will issue you a Non-Resident Permit/License. The process is
simple and straight forward.

I've heard this argument go both ways with the Mass. restricted Class A license. Go to the people who should know. Call the NH folks that do the licensing. I actually believe that there are folks on here that got the NH license with a Mass restricted one.

handgunlaw.us has it wrong, at least as of the last time I checked (early this year).

Call and talk with them, you'll get the latest interpretation that way (it has changed 4 times that I know of).

Back
Top Bottom