• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

non-resident NH LTC

came home today to find my new non-resident NH LTC. Thanks NH!!!!

for those in MA and procrastinating - do it. It took about 3 months but it was as easy as sending in a form with copies of my MA license and LTC.

now I don't have to boycott NH on the weekend motorcycle rides - wahoo

Congrats!!!
I'm still waiting on my NH non-resident LTC. sent it in about 3 weeks ago. keeping my fingers crossed. Next will be Main and Florida.

i tried to recall but can't. I think it was late-April though because i remember wanting to apply early enough to get it in time for the riding season started so i think it took 3 months

Good for you! Do you remember when you sent your application?

I heard maine is just as easy of a process. I wanted all the surrounding states because we end up crossing borders a lot while riding but I see RI is difficult and CT too. FL get's you covered in many states but i don't think RI or CT is amoung them. so now i have MA, NH and I believe VT is open anyway

Congrats!!!
I'm still waiting on my NH non-resident LTC. sent it in about 3 weeks ago. keeping my fingers crossed. Next will be Main and Florida.

FL get's you covered in many states but i don't think RI or CT is amoung them. so now i have MA, NH and I believe VT is open anyway

I've heard of this before.

People talking about how a LTC in a particular state applies in other states. Is there a list of states you can get a LTC that apply for multiple states?

The first thing to do is to check to see which states recognize your MA license. While MA doesn't recognize any other licenses, a few states accept almost any license. If you're thinking about use in a particular state (e.g., PA), and that state issues non-resident licenses, your best bet is to get that one. If you're looking at several different states, then see if there's a single license that all of them will recognize. The two non-resident license that are accepted by the most states are Utah and Florida. They cover a lot of the same states, but there are a few differences. Be careful to distinguish between states that accept licenses for anyone and those that accept them for residents only. Finally, be sure that you confirm all the information about a particular state with that state, since errors do creep into sites, and laws and regulations change frequently.

Ken

Congrats on the NH Non-Res Permit! My wife and I both got ours about a month ago. It makes going to the inlaws so much better, in that we do not need to disarm before we hit the Hollis border in route to Nashua. When your riding a motorcycle, it turns into a PIA, because you need to stop, disarm, with out people seeing you do it or looking to suspicious, jump back on the bikes and continue on your way, all before a Pepperell officer spots you. Best of luck on your others you are looking to get!

How does one go about obtaining a non-resident NH LTC. If this has been beaten to death I apologize in advance and thanks for the reply(s).

How does one go about obtaining a non-resident NH LTC. If this has been beaten to death I apologize in advance and thanks for the reply(s).

You need to get an application from the NH State Police permits and licensing division.
You can download it online.

Congrast!!

One thing I never understood (okay, I do, but it makes no sense to me) is why is it so complicated for New England to have a valid license for all the New England States. Example: I am a resident of FL and I can carry in New Hampshire, Delaware, and Pennsylvania and obviously in VT, but a resident of MA can’t. Really it doesn’t make any sense to me, and again I understand but still don’t make any sense.

Ish.

Congrast!!

One thing I never understood (okay, I do, but it makes no sense to me) is why is it so complicated for New England to have a valid license for all the New England States. Example: I am a resident of FL and I can carry in New Hampshire, Delaware, and Pennsylvania and obviously in VT, but a resident of MA can’t. Really it doesn’t make any sense to me, and again I understand but still don’t make any sense.

Ish.

You can say that again!!

One thing I never understood (okay, I do, but it makes no sense to me) is why is it so complicated for New England to have a valid license for all the New England States. Example: I am a resident of FL and I can carry in New Hampshire, Delaware, and Pennsylvania and obviously in VT, but a resident of MA can’t. Really it doesn’t make any sense to me, and again I understand but still don’t make any sense

You can say that again!!

One thing I never understood (okay, I do, but it makes no sense to me) is why is it so complicated for New England to have a valid license for all the New England States. Example: I am a resident of FL and I can carry in New Hampshire, Delaware, and Pennsylvania and obviously in VT, but a resident of MA can’t. Really it doesn’t make any sense to me, and again I understand but still don’t make any sense

It has to do with the fact that 3 of the new england states are 110% communist.

MA, RI, and CT will all never have reciprocity with the rest of the region because they're all too communist.

VT is a freebie (no permit). NH and ME have a petty squabble about the minor differences between NH and ME laws (ME has a slightly higher bar for
issuance or some crap) and that's why they don't have reciprocity. IMO that's the dumbest part of the whole thing, because I doubt there are
really any NH license holders that can't get a license in ME.

-Mike

Okay, as per Yanici petition, I will say it again. It doesn't make any senses at all, freaking communist [rofl]

Ish.

Congrast!!

Ish.

So am I to understand that it takes about three months for the NH out of state LTC to process? I sent mine in on the 13 of this month and they cashed the check three days later.

So am I to understand that it takes about three months for the NH out of state LTC to process? I sent mine in on the 13 of this month and they cashed the check three days later.

They cash your check, but that doesn't mean that you will have your license soon, or even if they are going to give you one.

Just wait and hopefully you get it soon. Best wishes,

Ish.

VT is a freebie (no permit). NH and ME have a petty squabble about the minor differences between NH and ME laws (ME has a slightly higher bar for
issuance or some crap) and that's why they don't have reciprocity. IMO that's the dumbest part of the whole thing, because I doubt there are
really any NH license holders that can't get a license in ME.

VT is a model for how it should be everywhere. The Loony Left cry and moan about proof of residency for voting (and there shouldn't be, IMHO). But then they don't continue to the thought when it comes to gun rights.

Thanks Ish. I know just because they cashed my check that it's solely up to them whether I get an out of state, but I'm confident I'll get one. Just wanted to know when to be on the lookout for it.

Anybody submitting recently with the new $100 fee?

Yeah, I did just recently. Had I known it was still $20 last month, I'd have sent it in pronto. Oh well, gotta roll with the punches. [wink]

They cash your check, but that doesn't mean that you will have your license soon, or even if they are going to give you one. Just wait and hopefully you get it soon. Best wishes, Ish.

I got mine in today! WOW, is that some sort of a record, 18 days?! [smile]

Back
Top Bottom