Non-residency to Resident

I was talking with Lord Vector last night about the crappy prediciment of the gun-unfriendly towns we live in (Belmont and Waltham), and I told him the Irony that if we were both still living in Maine (where we grew up) we could have got our non-resident ALP with relative ease, since the State Police don't seem to have any sort of political axe to grind as many local COPs do.

So what would have happened if we had our Mass Non-Resident ALP and we transfered to Mass from Maine to a state clasified as red or Black?

Same with moving within Mass moving from a Green town to a Black/Red and then the ALP expires and needs to be renewed.

All hypothetical, and I also know that nothing is set in stone with "Shall issue" since in theory the COP could have a good day and issue all ALPs for that day, then stub his toe then issue nothing but FIDs and legally it wouldn't make a bit of difference.

Arrr

-Weer'd Beard

If you hold a MA NR LTC-A/ALP and move into MA, you apply in your new town like anyone else.

Whatever prejudices the local chief has determines what you get. Your NR LTC is legally useless once you move here. Just as the reverse is true . . . if you have a Resident LTC and move out of state, legally your Resident LTC becomes null and void instantly.

Ditto with towns. One NES'r currently has a LTC from one town, is about to apply in a different town (moved during term of LTC) and is being treated by new chief as a "new applicant" needing a MD letter attesting to his mental state, etc.

I agree with Len. The chief has almost complete discretion, so he may or may not take into account that you previously had an unrestricted license. Chiefs can and have downgraded people, just because they can.

Need to get me one of these...

boots.jpg

LenS said:
One NES'r currently has a LTC from one town, is about to apply in a different town (moved during term of LTC) and is being treated by new chief as a "new applicant" needing a MD letter attesting to his mental state, etc.

I trust he checked off "RENEWAL" on the form, supplied the existing LTC number and town, and refused to provide the "MD letter."

What town is this, anyway - Sharon or the Andover area? [puke]

Yes, he was told that since it is his first time in THIS TOWN, he'll be treated as if he never had an LTC before. He asked me to find him the name of a cooperative MD, so he hasn't told the chief to stuff it. I've got a call in to my oral surgeon, a life-long gun owner and member at Hanson R&G, hoping he can give me a name for an MD (mine isn't gun-friendly but he doesn't push an agenda with me or my Wife or I'd stuff his head up his ass and I think he knows it).

I offered to intercede with the chief and Lt. in his behalf and asked him to put me down as a reference. I'm waiting to hear back from him as I do have a small bit of pull with the town in question.

I think you can guess who and where! [wink]

BTW, the NES'r is also a NRA Instructor, Utah, AZ and FL approved instructor and probably MA as well. He did my NRA course for my FL CCW back in 2001.

wait a sec if I'm reading this correctly if I move to another town I have to renew my ccw? or did he move out of state and back again. If moving to another town you have to renew that sucks another $100 plus the cost of a safety course

wait a sec if I'm reading this correctly if I move to another town I have to renew my ccw?
You are misreading. If you move from a town in MA to another town in MA, all you have to do is notify 3 agencies of your address change (by certified mail): 1) chief in old town, 2) chief in new town, 3) criminal systems history board. Your MA resident LTC is still good until it expires.

On the other hand, if you move live outside of MA, have a non-resident LTC, and move into MA, then I believe non-resident LTC is no longer valid.

Yup, you are mis-reading it!

Person gets LTC from chief in Town A, later this person moves to Town B. WHEN his LTC is about to expire he now has to apply for a RENEWAL in Town B. Rules of Town B chief apply . . . including any and all BS he wants to impose on applicants.

LenS said:
Yes, he was told that since it is his first time in THIS TOWN, he'll be treated as if he never had an LTC before. He asked me to find him the name of a cooperative MD, so he hasn't told the chief to stuff it. I've got a call in to my oral surgeon, a life-long gun owner and member at Hanson R&G, hoping he can give me a name for an MD (mine isn't gun-friendly but he doesn't push an agenda with me or my Wife or I'd stuff his head up his ass and I think he knows it).

I offered to intercede with the chief and Lt. in his behalf and asked him to put me down as a reference. I'm waiting to hear back from him as I do have a small bit of pull with the town in question.

I think you can guess who and where! [wink]

It is most unfortunate that your friend is too invertebrate to call this bully's bluff. I know who and where and I've "dealt" with that chief - in BOTH meanings of the word. He's a coward and a cretin, with a finely honed ability to ignore the obvious.

Not that I've formed an opinion...........[rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom