• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

No support for our troops here

Soemtimes it's hard to believe what's happened to the US

I don't blame you about the blood pressure on that one.

For whatever it's worth. When my "wife" left me and took the kids (boys)
when they were 8 and 10 years old. I was devasted. My attorney (female) at the time told me that I shouldn't worry, do the best job I could of being a father and they WILL come to live with you.

Four years to the day my oldest called me begging me to take him which I did of course..a year later his younger brother followed. Being a single dad isn't easy as I'm sure it isn't for women. Anyway, for what it is worth

My father was able to get Full custody of both my sister (not even his biological daughter) and me back in the late 80's. It was almost unheard of back then. From what I have been told ( I have no kids) losing a child by either life or court systems is the most devastating thing that can happen to one.

Got to love how some treat our heros.

That's just wrong. No amount of money would make me a bad enough mother to force a child away from his father. Unless there's something else behind the story.

If he really was just found to be unfit for sending postcards of soldiers, then there is something terribly, terribly wrong.

[cry]

I didn't realize that showing my kid that my job entails carrying a weapon to defend the interest of the country is bad and would mean being a bad father...

It is good that my kids haVE seen StarWars, Last Action Hero, Robocop... that uses instruments to fight evil forces!

We are twelve in the family and not a single of the siblings experience being jailed or repremanded for a violent act.... we love watching action films with our mom, but we never grew up violent. In the real world I see policemen and soldiers with guns and I mean gun, sometimes even tanks with big guns!

Now, I have four kids and they see a lot of of movies as well with heroes with guns and these are more than pix... I mean I dont know what's up with these Lwyrs... SAYING THAT "HE WAS INCONPETENT BECAUSE HE SENT A COUPLE OF PICTURES TO HIS SON THAT SHOWED SOLDIERS TRAINING WITH A GUN!" WHAT ON EARTH SHOULD THESE AMERICAN SOLDIERS BE CARRYIN IN IRAQ... A BRIEFCASE? [evil]

Geez,I guess by that standard Glenn would have been held unfit,when he was in the guard. Alan grew up with it. It's wrong,unless there is more to it than that.

I'm still mad about this one. I bet all that guy was looking forward to was coming home and seeing his little man. Why does the guy always get the shaft in this country?

It isn't just the guy, it's the type of guy, but I'll leave it at that and go to bed. [evil]

...so better not have my pix taken with a gun on my hand! [roll]

oh my...

I remember showing my children my pix when I was still a lil boy in a cowboy suit with a GUN!

... I am an incompetent father!

Oh no..... better not see those lawyers... [shock]

its good KMaurer didnt make any comment or his bloodpressure will go on a frenzy, as mine is!

Actually if you want to get technical,I guess Glenn and I both would be concidered unfit parents by their standard. Both ex-mil,Glenn also served in the guard,and the horrors Alan has been hunting since he was 5. Now look where he is... [twisted] Following in Mom and Dad's boots. [lol]

MrsWildweasel said:
Actually if you want to get technical,I guess Glenn and I both would be concidered unfit parents by their standard. Both ex-mil,Glenn also served in the guard,and the horrors Alan has been hunting since he was 5. Now look where he is... [twisted] Following in Mom and Dad's boots. [lol]

Very fortunate kid [in our intellectual opinion!]... unlucky child [in their opionion!]

...will just raise my kids like Alan except that my 8 yr old Johannes is too small lol, he's only under 4feet!

But this will piss these lawyers off! I've talked to my 14 yr old daughter and we are scheduled to go boom boom at a local indoor firing range here before the end of the month, she is very excited, how about that? AND, my wife will even be joing us, I mean my incompetent better half! :D

In my opinion the only way to go. Hope they have a great time. You can still start the younger one off too. Never too early. One of our sons best friend is just 5 ft. he's 19,but raised just like Alan. [lol]

Back
Top Bottom