NM Governor bans guns in Albuquerque

This isn't a win... that's such awful branding

This is a confirmation of the constitution.

Huge win implies the idea that she could do this was actually a debate

Confirmation of the constitution implies she was way out of line

Cmon man i took half a marketing course at massasoit and i know this stuff
Lighten up Francis ... it's a win for their .org AND a confirmation of the Constitution, as written.

I doubt you've filed a lawsuit against any tyrants recently.

When will we peasants be able to carry in NYC ? Bruen says we should.

You might want to open your wallet and support such Patriot .orgs who are filing lawsuits against tyrants, or maybe your money is earmarked for the useless NRA - enjoy the hat, t-shirt and continued erosion of the Constitution, as written.

Last edited:
When you look around you and see what has been going on in this country lately it is understandable that some people feel that the present is questionable, and the immediate future is in some doubt.

It seems that essentially all the old touchstones that were taken as absolutes have been discarded and replaced by whatever the current woke ideology in vogue is and a person is left to wonder where have I been and where am I going to end up in this new world order.

As strange as it may appear in today's social climate there was time when folks actually took personal responsibility for the success and failure of their own lives.

In the 1950s a man named Dean Alfange wrote the following and despite the current social edicts that seem to descend upon us like a never-ending biblical plague of locusts I think that it still resonates even more today.

Perhaps when one is in the process of being sweep up in the whirlpool of political correctness, they can remember that there was a time when individuals welcomed the opportunity to follow their own North star and not just blindly bow down to the whims of the political class.

1694729778852.png

Lighten up Francis ... it's a win for their .org AND a confirmation of the Constitution, as written.

I doubt you've filed a lawsuit against any tyrants recently.

When will we peasants be able to carry in NYC ? Bruen says we should.

You might want to open your wallet and support such Patriot .orgs who are filing lawsuits against tyrants, or maybe your money is earmarked for the useless NRA - enjoy the hat, t-shirt and continued erosion of the Constitution, as written.
No lol

And your correct i haven't given like i should

The point is though... words and connotation matter

Gun violence
Gender affirmation care
Green energy
Esg

We are playing a game stacked against us not setting our own rules

If one side starts killing politicians then the other side does the same. Then we have a civil war. Remember how our last civil war went? The estimates for the number of dead range from 600k to almost 900k, with hundreds of thousands more wounded. This was at a time when the US population was 31M, so 1/10th of our current population. More soldiers died during the US civil war than in all of our wars since then combined.

Yeah, that’s a great plan.
So, the Civil War should not have been fought?

So, the Civil War should not have been fought?
Probably not... cheap immagramt labor was more cost effective than slavery.

As horrible as this sounds but you could waited 40 years and most experts thing slavery would've died out naturally

But things never change some stupid politicians made it worse and killed a million people

How do you appeal a gubernatorial executive order?
Yeah. And I don't think it can be appealed or even challenged in any way until it is used.

All it will take (and I'm hoping it happens!) Is for one single LEO to step up to the plate and ding someone.

Or, one DA to read a police report about someone having to go to the hospital or something for a heart attack or even a slip-n-fall who had a CCW and was reported by EMTs to be carrying.

Then on that charge, she has violated her oath.

Saying your gonna do something isn't the same as doing something. Even if that something is illegal to do.

This morning's headline of note:

If this individual was alive in 1773, she probably would have commented that the colonists who took part in the Boston Tea Party should thank the British for their passage of the Tea Act which was the underlining cause of the demonstration in the first place.

Her intergalactic level of the arrogance of ignorance is truly astounding. If nothing else at least she has become the gift that keeps on giving.

1694781153263.png

There is a reason that 4420 talked about no training young people below age 15 how to safely manage firearms because they think that if they have not been properly introduced to safe firearms principals and guns in general by that age then the youth will be easier to convince that shooting is a bad thing to be involved in and they should avoid acquiring that knowledge at all costs. This lack of teaching about firearms in general nicely compliments the constant drumbeat of revisionist history that is being forced upon children of all ages in today's so called educational system.
Family members from Italy were here visiting about a decade ago. I was a Scout leader at the time and we were taking the boys out for our "shooting sports" camping trip where we spend time on both the rifle range shooting paper and the shotgun range shooting skeet. When I explained this to them they were horrified and stated this is why we have school shootings "all of the time". I turned to my son and asked what do you do if one of your friends pulls out dad's gun to be cool and show it to people. Instant response was leave immediately and call an adult to respond appropriately. I explained that my son's response was why we train the boys with firearms. They understand the safety rules as well as the potential consequences of "playing" with firearms. Not sure they understood, but it did give them something to think about.

Family members from Italy were here visiting about a decade ago. I was a Scout leader at the time and we were taking the boys out for our "shooting sports" camping trip where we spend time on both the rifle range shooting paper and the shotgun range shooting skeet. When I explained this to them they were horrified and stated this is why we have school shootings "all of the time". I turned to my son and asked what do you do if one of your friends pulls out dad's gun to be cool and show it to people. Instant response was leave immediately and call an adult to respond appropriately. I explained that my son's response was why we train the boys with firearms. They understand the safety rules as well as the potential consequences of "playing" with firearms. Not sure they understood, but it did give them something to think about.

And therein lies the problem. Those who have developed an advanced case of Hoplophobia are incapable of understanding that children benefit from an education about the reality and responsibility of firearm ownership.

The argument against the benefits of gun education is about the same as saying that teaching children how to drive is too dangerous as once they have this knowledge, they will go around killing people thru the misuse of their vehicles.

I met a woman who was one of 5 children who spent her formative years growing up in a military household. Her father.....who served in WW2, Korea and 3 tours in Vietnam.....believed that all of his children should have a knowledge of and basic competence in the field of small arms management. He felt this education was important to their future wellbeing regardless of whether or not they developed a lifelong interest in shooting.

I saw this woman yesterday during my regular range session. Despite the onset of arthritis in her hands she was shooting double action revolver quite competently. I was very proud of her effort and commitment to practicing how to take care of her own wellbeing.

In the effort of full disclosure, I should also mention that I married this woman 47 years ago........so my opinion in this regard may be just a touch biased.

He felt this education was important to their future wellbeing regardless of whether or not they developed a lifelong interest in shooting.
This. Exactly this.

We had some boys who loved the experience and will definitely become law abiding firearms owners. On the flip side, we had some boys that said they would never shoot again as they did not like the experience when they experienced the kick of a 12-gauge. Either way they were now educated and will make their own decisions.

We had some boys who loved the experience and will definitely become law abiding firearms owners. On the flip side, we had some boys that said they would never shoot again as they did not like the experience when they experienced the kick of a 12-gauge. Either way they were now educated and will make their own decisions.
Lightweight 12ga skeet guns with a full load of birdshot can be a bit much for cub scouts.

1694791959411.png

And therein lies the problem. Those who have developed an advanced case of Hoplophobia are incapable of understanding that children benefit from an education about the reality and responsibility of firearm ownership.

The argument against the benefits of gun education is about the same as saying that teaching children how to drive is too dangerous as once they have this knowledge, they will go around killing people thru the misuse of their vehicles.

I met a woman who was one of 5 children who spent her formative years growing up in a military household. Her father.....who served in WW2, Korea and 3 tours in Vietnam.....believed that all of his children should have a knowledge of and basic competence in the field of small arms management. He felt this education was important to their future wellbeing regardless of whether or not they developed a lifelong interest in shooting.

I saw this woman yesterday during my regular range session. Despite the onset of arthritis in her hands she was shooting double action revolver quite competently. I was very proud of her effort and commitment to practicing how to take care of her own wellbeing.

In the effort of full disclosure, I should also mention that I married this woman 47 years ago........so my opinion in this regard may be just a touch biased.
It's not just scary gunz - when my son was in middle school, ~10 years ago, there were kids in his class that were not allowed to use the stove. It's the "Must Protect Baby From Everything" mindset, and the term "Baby" applies to your kids, regardless of age.

It's not just scary gunz - when my son was in middle school, ~10 years ago, there were kids in his class that were not allowed to use the stove. It's the "Must Protect Baby From Everything" mindset, and the term "Baby" applies to your kids, regardless of age.

I can certainly understand a parent wanting to ensure that their child does not injure themselves thru uneducated misadventure. I would think that a certain degree of attention demands to be paid when teaching a youngster the finer points of safely running a chainsaw or any other hand size power tool for example.

When I was 7 1/2 years old, I was allowed to drive a Ford 8N tractor during tobacco harvest season and had a very enjoyable time in the process. I would guess that by today's expectations of what is considered correct parental oversight one would be arrested for child abuse if they allowed their child to do the same thing. That would be an unfortunate turn of events as I still recall those days with a smile on my face 63 years later.

All the nephews in the extended family have been introduced to the safe and responsible usage of guns in various shapes and sizes when they were in the 10- to 12-year-old range if I recall their ages correctly.

One nephew joined the National Guard and ended up being deployed to Afghanistan during the early days of the war there. Prior to leaving the US he gathered his platoon together on the firing range and reminded the members that their ability to manage small arms in a competent manner was no longer just a passing academic exercise.......their lives were about to depend on their very ability to do so. They spent some quality time reacquainting themselves with the finer points of operating their personal weapons.

This is a case where his being taught about firearms by the family when he was a young man turned out to be a decided lifesaving skill later on in his life. He told me that when they left the base, he made a point of loading whatever vehicle they were traveling in with essentially as much ammo and grenades as was possible to stuff in it because he was aware that the Hollywood depiction of a single soldier holding off a horde of unwashed enemy with a 7 shot .45 pistol was utter bullshit.

I offered to lend him my Sig Sauer 226 before he deployed because I had read that his issue Berreta was not the most reliable pistol in a hostile environment, but he informed me that the army told him if he arrived in theater with a non-issue pistol they would confiscate it. As it turned out he had to field strip both the rifle and pistol on a daily basis and in the case of the Berreta had to stretch the magazine springs daily so that it would feed reliably in light of the environment he was working in.

Shortly after returning from Afghanistan he was deployed to Iraq. Again, his childhood training in firearms combined with his recent experiences on the first deployment combined to help him survive both deployments and come home with his entire platoon in one piece.

The late Colonel Jeff Cooper was once asked what his approach to raising his 3 children was and he replied that teaching them to ride, shoot straight and tell the truth was the essence of his philosophy on proper parenting. In light of the present trajectory of our society today.........I think that is a very sound approach to trying to impart the necessary survival skills to one's offspring.

I can certainly understand a parent wanting to ensure that their child does not injure themselves thru uneducated misadventure. I would think that a certain degree of attention demands to be paid when teaching a youngster the finer points of safely running a chainsaw or any other hand size power tool for example.

When I was 7 1/2 years old, I was allowed to drive a Ford 8N tractor during tobacco harvest season and had a very enjoyable time in the process. I would guess that by today's expectations of what is considered correct parental oversight one would be arrested for child abuse if they allowed their child to do the same thing. That would be an unfortunate turn of events as I still recall those days with a smile on my face 63 years later.

All the nephews in the extended family have been introduced to the safe and responsible usage of guns in various shapes and sizes when they were in the 10- to 12-year-old range if I recall their ages correctly.

One nephew joined the National Guard and ended up being deployed to Afghanistan during the early days of the war there. Prior to leaving the US he gathered his platoon together on the firing range and reminded the members that their ability to manage small arms in a competent manner was no longer just a passing academic exercise.......their lives were about to depend on their very ability to do so. They spent some quality time reacquainting themselves with the finer points of operating their personal weapons.

This is a case where his being taught about firearms by the family when he was a young man turned out to be a decided lifesaving skill later on in his life. He told me that when they left the base, he made a point of loading whatever vehicle they were traveling in with essentially as much ammo and grenades as was possible to stuff in it because he was aware that the Hollywood depiction of a single soldier holding off a horde of unwashed enemy with a 7 shot .45 pistol was utter bullshit.

I offered to lend him my Sig Sauer 226 before he deployed because I had read that his issue Berreta was not the most reliable pistol in a hostile environment, but he informed me that the army told him if he arrived in theater with a non-issue pistol they would confiscate it. As it turned out he had to field strip both the rifle and pistol on a daily basis and in the case of the Berreta had to stretch the magazine springs daily so that it would feed reliably in light of the environment he was working in.

Shortly after returning from Afghanistan he was deployed to Iraq. Again, his childhood training in firearms combined with his recent experiences on the first deployment combined to help him survive both deployments and come home with his entire platoon in one piece.

The late Colonel Jeff Cooper was once asked what his approach to raising his 3 children was and he replied that teaching them to ride, shoot straight and tell the truth was the essence of his philosophy on proper parenting. In light of the present trajectory of our society today.........I think that is a very sound approach to trying to impart the necessary survival skills to one's offspring.
I had the poem on my wall growing up as a kid.
To ride, shoot straight, and speak the truth. This was the ancient law of youth. Old times have passed, old days are done, but the law runs true my little son

I had the poem on my wall growing up as a kid.
To ride, shoot straight, and speak the truth. This was the ancient law of youth. Old times have passed, old days are done, but the law runs true my little son

That poem stands the test of time but unfortunately it seems to have been relegated to a cobweb infested mists of time in the minds of today's younger generations and their parents.

And we are all poorer for its loss.........

Back
Top Bottom