• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NICS Denial

Approx 5 weeks ago i made a post about a friend who got a NICS denial despite the fact he has been purchasing firearms since 2008. He filed an appeal and sent it to the FBI Appeal center along with finger prints..Copies of SS card...LTC...Birth Cert. and even a government issued TWIC card. He has heard nothing as of yet. I was reading up on this process this morning and read that he would receive a letter very shortly after (5-7 days) the FBI received his appeal just stating it was received. He has received nothing as of yet. Should he be concerned ?...he sent it with delivery comfirmation and it shows delivered. Is there a way he can check the status of his appeal. Has anyone experienced having to deal with a Denial ??. Would it be a bad idea for him to retry a purchace ??. Just reaching out for him here guys hoping to get some light shed on this issue.

Thanks !!!!

I think the whole system is bogged down right now, I just had a guy with a UPIN who hasn't been delayed in a couple years get delayed. Had another guy who has never been delayed get delayed and it still hasn't received a response after a few weeks.

Likely "Fix NICs" strikes again.
Your friend should jog his memory on any "minor" past indiscretions with the law still lingering.

He has nothing on his record.... and has had his ltc since 2008. Owns a room full of firearms that he's purchased over the years. He actually made a gun purchase 6 days prior to the purchase he got a denial on. Just don't get it

Back
Top Bottom