• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NICE new Ruger

I thought the whole idea of the forward mounted scope was to facilitate clip loading and handling. What is the purpose of a forward mounted scope with a box magazine? I have a M98 scout rifle and it is comfortable to carry, but if it had a detachable box magazine, I think I would want it conventionally mounted.

B

I'd love to check one out in person and give it a go.

I said the same thing about these:

i342B1465.jpg

Minus the detachable magazine it looks a lot like a Spanish FR8 design. Only difference is the FR8 costs about 1/3 of that Ruger and probably shoots better than it too.

Why would you want a bolt gun in a cartridge that sucks beyond 150 yards, when it comes in .308 which is good beyond 600 yards?
Cheapness of ammo for one and also this gun wouldn't be used passed 300yrds. a scout rifle would actually be a great weapon for new england

also come on its fine passed 150yds, dont bring that AK malarchy into this

Cheapness of ammo for one and also this gun wouldn't be used passed 300yrds. a scout rifle would actually be a great weapon for new england
That's a reasonable argument.

also come on its fine passed 150yds, dont bring that AK malarchy into this
Not malarkey, although perhaps a bit of an exaggeration. With a 100 yard zero, at 200 yards .308 has 3.6" drop. With a 100 yard zero, at 200 yards 7.62x39 has a 6.5" drop, and it gets worse as distance increases.

Back
Top Bottom