NH witness: SPCA takes citizen's gun, chambers round

+2 OMG!!!

Show him the shelter...if you don't have it...BUSTED! Pay the fine and fix the problem! Shame on you if you're not taking care of the animals! You (the female voice) seems to know the regulations pretty good. Are you guys just baiting the authorities to see how far they'll go (I know Brian very well...true or false why make these guys dance)?? I'm surprised you are both not open carrying...or is that the part 2 of this film epic? [puke2]

I'll play the devil's advocate here. A neighbor may have been upset and made an unsubstantiated claim of maltreatment or whatever. Who knows? They should have just schedualed a time with the property owner to visit. Or gotten a warrant. But I do agree the son and that lady involved didn't help the situation.

If they aren't allowed to give access to the property, then they can't. They don't own it and they can't change the fact that they cannot allow the SPCA guy and the cop on the property. If the caretaker did the owner could press charges. The SPCA guy and the cop could have been a little more unserstanding of their position.
I can't figure at all why the cop gave the gun to the SPCA guy. That was just really stupid.

I think the whole point of this is the SPCA acting with authority and the confusing laws..I for one think they(FSers)try to be a pita on purpose....BUT the videos are educational.(to a point)

What's with the SPCA handling a firearm that an officer has removed from the person in question?..thats what I would like to know..and whats with the SPCA having a badge and wearing it like CSI?...Also why is the SPCA stating he can get a warrant?

Can anyone here answer why or how they can do that?

I'll play the devil's advocate here. A neighbor may have been upset and made an unsubstantiated claim of maltreatment or whatever. Who knows? They should have just schedualed a time with the property owner to visit. Or gotten a warrant. But I do agree the son and that lady involved didn't help the situation.

They have 40+ acres. Neighbours I don't think are the problem. Horses are 5k+ each (they have at least 4) and they spent $15k transporting them here. I doubt they would do anything to harm them.

Maybe they just don't like Mr. Gubermint invading their property without cause?

The SPCA is given police powers that IMHO they should not have.
I wouldn't have let the guy on my property either.
Never talk to a cop without a lawyer present. Always ask to see the warrant.
I'm waiting to see part 2.

OK I saw part 2, not a lot more info there, they busted the kid, declined to press charges, gave him the gun back.

It would have been funny if the SPCA mall cop was a prohibited person and the cop gave him a weapon. On top of that the SPCA mall cop wannabe must have been watching too many Dragnet re runs he actually chambered a round instead of clearing the weapon.

Ridley gave good advice NEVER EVER TALK TO A POLICE OFFICER WITHOUT A LAWYER PRESENT

Last edited:
I think this video was baited. almost planned.

The girl speaking was on script almost. I think they called the SPCA on themselves just to be bastards to an authority figure.

Sorry but I consider the ridley report a bunch of morons that bring all their troubles on themselves.

You go looking for trouble you will find it.

I think this video was baited. almost planned.

The girl speaking was on script almost. I think they called the SPCA on themselves just to be bastards to an authority figure.

Sorry but I consider the ridley report a bunch of morons that bring all their troubles on themselves.

You go looking for trouble you will find it.

They are apparently so good at what they do off the cuff some folks accuses them of doing it rehearsed. Backhanded compliment.

For those interested, MSPCA has had "police powers" for about a 100 years. Not sure how long NH SPCA has had them. Also, Ridley, you need to update this thread with resolution of the Horse Shelter complaint when it becomes available.

While I think that some of the Ridley videos are a bit obnoxious, I must admit it brings some issues to the forefront. I for one don't like the way the Police or SPCA handled the situation.

I'm glad this group is in NH and hope they continue to grow in numbers. Given the results of this past election I'd even consider taking in one of their "pork fests"

I don't know about you but no matter how much you feel that they "provoke" the police, the fact remains that the police should still respect the law. Demanding entrance onto someone's property without a warrant is not right. Why threaten an arrest if they get a warrant and then find the animals aren't cared for. What if they get a warrant and find that the animals are in fact adequately cared for? Do they get an apology? Doubt it. In short this display by the JBT pisses me off, and it pisses me off that it doesn't piss more people off.

Last edited:
This MAY apply, assuming Deputy Dog was sworn by the Sheriff of the county Candia is in, BUT he needed a warrant and didn't have one.

105:18. Special Deputies
Any officer or agent of any incorporated society for the prevention of cruelty to animals, upon being designated in writing for that purpose by the sheriff of any county in this state, may, within such county, make arrests and bring before any court or magistrate having jurisdiction offenders found violating the provisions of this subdivision.

If the "investigator" was not sworn, and I'd love to know if he was, I'd say arrest his azz and throw him in jail for impersonating an officer.

While some of what they do may be a little bit over the top - I think it is a good thing that there are people out there who are willing to do these types of things to force the authorities to obey the rules they want us all to obey.

People seem to have forgotten that we are supposed to have a right to life, liberty - and our own property, and not just our property as long as the authorities allow it.

SPCA guy was wearing a badge around his neck?
Impersonating a police officer?

I don't think Ridley's videos are "over the top" as crazy stuff happens everywhere and can happen here. Actually, more of it happens in MA. It's a good thing they can still practice civil disobedience in NH.

In MA you'd probably get more jail time than the guy who shoots and kills someone else with an illegally owned handgun.

You can comply and be a sheep, or make them do their paperwork and make it harder for them to violate your 4th amendment rights.

If they were the BATFE coming to your house saying, "Show us your guns." I'm sure a lot of you would have been on Cooper's side.

Here's a solution.

The son of the landowner can take his stupid movie camera and go down the hill to document the truth that there really is a horse shelter.

Boomerang the son is not the property owner. He does not have the legal authority to let someone onto the property without a warrant anymore than you can let the police onto my property to look for suspected wrong doings.

The laws against unreasonable search and seizure are there, by the wisdom of our founding Fathers, for just this reason.

This is an issue of principals and property rights. Think big picture for a moment.
Some yahoo with a badge around his neck shows up at your doorstep and threatens you with arrest if you make him come back with a warrant and he finds something he claims is illegal, in this case shelter for the animals. So what is going to prevent him from arresting you if you allow him on the property without the warrant? Nothing.

NEVER EVER EVER talk to anyone in law enforcement without a lawyer. Nothing you say can help you, anything you say can be used against you. " We have shelter for the animals" was spoken by one of the people. If that turns out to be a lie, add the charge of lying to a police officer to the list of charges. A warrant also limits the scope of the search. If someone allowed a cop, ASSUMING THIS SPCA INVESTIGATOR IS SWORN IN as a "SPECIAL" in Rockingham County, onto the property, everything in plain sight can and will be used against you. " Your Honor, we were allowed onto the property by the son of the owner and while looking for the existence of proper shelter for their horses, we saw in plain sight (insert something slightly illegal here) and in seeing that (illegal something) we had probable cause to search the property and we found (more questionable stuff).

Anything they see that is outside of the scope of the warrant is going to be hard to be used against you in court. Anything they see if you let them in is going to be used to hang you.

I think I am going to send an email over to the Sheriff of Rockingham county asking if the SPCA investigators are indeed sworn as specials.

Last edited:
It's like an "in-your-face" Folsom Street Fair up there for the Free Staters.

I'll nominate that one for Weak Analogy of the Year honors.

Are you actually trying to compare citizens standing up for their fourth amendment rights to citizens standing up for their right to urinate on others in public, ejaculate out of second floor windows onto the street below?

Video and Audio recording

I'd guess that if there was any chargable offense regarding this instance of video and audio recording, the kid would have been charged.

Nevertheless...

I will assume (until more knowlegable persons inform me) that anyone, anywhere can video (without sound) anything their camera can view while standing on their own property. Could this be wrong?

In addition, I'd guess that as long as your property is not a public accommodation you can audio record anthing you can hear. Of course, once the authorities have a warrant to be on your property, they have control. Before that if the cop off your property doesn't want to be recorded he can move or stop talking.

Yes, this will annoy the cops. They probably will arrest you. But I doubt their charges will be sustained.

Most of of Ridley Report does happens on public property, so different rules apply. It is this private property situation that makes this case interesting.

Last edited:
After yesterdays election, New Hampshire is looking a lot like Massachusetts.

How's that? Did Massachusetts elect more Republicans to the General Court on Tuesday? Because, that's what happened up here. Once the winners from Tueday are sworn in, we will have more Republicans in the House of Representatives in Concord than we had going into Tuesday's election.

But, as long as there are people up here clinging to the foolish idea that these two people were in any way bullying the authorities for refusing to cede their Constitutional rights to the State, then yeah, we may very well be as f***ed as some say we are.

The fastest and most surefire way to lose your rights is to voluntarily hand them over to the authorities.

In addition, I'd guess that as long as your property is not a public accommodation you can audio record anthing you can hear. Of course, once the authorities have a warrant to be on your property, they have control. Before that if the cop off your property doesn't want to be recorded he can move or stop talking.

That's my take on it. If I have a closed circuit security camera on my front door, do I need to notify any and all visitors that they are being audio and video recorded?

Has anyone introduced legislation in Concord to make it legal to videotape public officials while they are working in their public capacity on the public's dime? Seems to me there would be a lot of bipartisan support for such a measure.

Has anyone introduced legislation in Concord to make it legal to videotape public officials while they are working in their public capacity on the public's dime? Seems to me there would be a lot of bipartisan support for such a measure.

There is no law against videotaping a public official in NH while working. I never recall if we have a one party or two party consent system. But the officer when he arrived gave consent. He did try to take it away later, which if it were me, I'd have said, then we're done here, please come back with a warrant or when the property owner is here.

I see a parallel here:

How long until the Brady Bunch (with a cop like the one in this video) shows up at my house unannounced and without a warrant to demand that I prove that any guns I may own are properly locked up?

After yesterdays election, New Hampshire is looking a lot like Massachusetts.

NLB is right. Although I'm pretty disappointed with the state of politics in general in NH these days, the fact is Republicans picked up 17 seats in the State House, and lost none in the Senate, in a year when the Republican brand is as bad as it's ever been. EVER. Bush is a four-letter word to most, McCain had absolutely no hint of a coat-tail, and f***ing Barry was wearing a cape. To paraphrase the NH Republican Party head, we didn't lose all this in one election cycle, and it will take more than one election cycle to get it back.

You take your wins wherever you can get them, and picking up State House seats in this pathetic election is a plus.

P.S. AND, 70% of our electorate didn't just vote to give themselves a f***ing income tax.

ETA: Nothing in this post should be taken as endorsement for Ridley and his band of weirdos.

Last edited:
OMG when are you guys going to quit and just go back home?

+2 OMG!!!

Show him the shelter...if you don't have it...BUSTED! Pay the fine and fix the problem! Shame on you if you're not taking care of the animals! You (the female voice) seems to know the regulations pretty good. Are you guys just baiting the authorities to see how far they'll go (I know Brian very well...true or false why make these guys dance)?? I'm surprised you are both not open carrying...or is that the part 2 of this film epic? [puke2]

I don't get attitudes like this.

VI, these people ARE home. They're NH residents.

And Carguy, why should anyone allow a private organization like the SPCA access to their land and property? How about some other private organization?

Some of us value our civil liberties. If you choose to live like a sheep, so be it. Just be prepared to allow the Obama Hopenchange Task Force onto your property to make sure your CO2 emissions are in line with allowable limits and to ensure you haven't stockpiled more than the 20 rounds of ammo allowed by some future law.

But if ANYONE asks to enter my property, they can get a warrant.

Ridley and his friends may be a bit over the top but sometimes that's what it takes to protect our liberty. I'll take one Ridley over 1000 sheep willing to roll over for anyone with a badge.

Back
Top Bottom