NH: State House attempting to ban firearms for members & citizens, Jan 2nd 2019

Fight Over Firearms in the House Expected First Day Back - InDepthNH.org

Fight Over Firearms in the House Expected First Day Back
By Rep. Marjorie Porter, D-Hillsborough

I’m sure we will be hearing impassioned speeches from colleagues on the floor of the House as well. They will be worrying about how we will all stay safe if they can’t bring their guns to work. Their hearts are in the right place I guess, because they only, after all, want to protect us if some “bad guy with a gun” opens fire in Reps Hall. I try hard to envision what this scenario would look like. Four hundred of us in the hall, and 50? 75? maybe more “good guys” taking aim and firing at that bad guy all at once, from all directions. Somehow, that just doesn’t make me feel safer. My prediction is the amendment will pass, and that there will be lawmakers breaking the rules these next two years.”

Mass shooters are often crazy, but seldom stupid. Uniformed armed guards seem to be the first targeted during a mass shooting. In which case, with metal detectors at the entrance, there would be no “good guys with guns” inside. Even with armed guards available, how many might be shot by a lunatic before they responded?

We went through a very long and rough time before finding the US was not immune to terrorism - the 1993 WTC bombing preceded 9-11 by 8-1/2 years. Liberals/Dems are still in the denial phase over mass shootings almost 20yr after Columbine. The 20% most Liberal/Left will never give up their anti-gun screed. Ever.

In the event of a mass shooting in the NH House, I’d imagaine Rep Porter’s last works would be “The F’ing NRA did this to me” or “The F’ing NRA did this to us” if she survived.

Fight Over Firearms in the House Expected First Day Back - InDepthNH.org

Fight Over Firearms in the House Expected First Day Back
By Rep. Marjorie Porter, D-Hillsborough

I’m sure we will be hearing impassioned speeches from colleagues on the floor of the House as well. They will be worrying about how we will all stay safe if they can’t bring their guns to work. Their hearts are in the right place I guess, because they only, after all, want to protect us if some “bad guy with a gun” opens fire in Reps Hall. I try hard to envision what this scenario would look like. Four hundred of us in the hall, and 50? 75? maybe more “good guys” taking aim and firing at that bad guy all at once, from all directions. Somehow, that just doesn’t make me feel safer. My prediction is the amendment will pass, and that there will be lawmakers breaking the rules these next two years.”

I've known some John Wayne wannabes in the gun community over the years, but none of them ever conjured up screwier scenarios than the anti-gun people.

I've been telling people: don't worry about an attack inside Representative's Hall, and don't make that part of your argument. Focus instead on the trip to and from the State House, often in hours of darkness (especially those of us who might have to ride a moose to get there), and stopping for fuel, food, and caffeine along the way.

Then point out how the Storrs Street garage is completely open to anyone who wants to walk in from the street, including the vagrants populating Eagle Square, through which we walk to get from the parking garage to the State House. They'd rather I arm a criminal by leaving a pistol in my car, than have it safely secured on my body?

The rule passed. We've been ignoring it ever since.
Now you get to decide:
in the event of an "incidence",
would you draw your CCW carried in violation of the rule
to protect a stranger's life?

Or would you Nope the heck out of there
and let the stranger defend their own life
with their own CCW carried in violation of the rule?

(If the stranger's not carrying a CCW in violation of the rule,
must suck to be them).

Back
Top Bottom