NH resident flying out of Logan with a handgun.

Seriously, you are going to use this article as a proxy for a lawful individual going to the airport?

You forgot to mention he was seen doing some kind of hand to hand transaction at south shore plaza (not that I think that should be prob cause in itself) and drug unit officers were already following the car and they had been on to the kid's dealings for a while as a bit of extra info since I know some of the loosers he used to hang out with.

Does the OP plan on stopping to sell some crap out of his trunk along the way?

MA is not big on searching cars randomly or at all with out very good cause, thats actually one good thing the liberals have done is keep the police slightly in check with that kind of stuff albeit using the wrong arguments (ie racism, profiling, etc). The cops themselves will often complain how limited they are under the law here when it comes to vehicle searches. You are not getting searched here unless you consent right away or really screw something up badly which nobody on this forum would ever come close to doing.
MA is an awesome place that would never restrict the liberties of an individual and if you are doing nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about you are correct, mea culpa

Ok, that might work just fine if you were within reasonable driving distance and had no time constraints. If the second leg was going out west someplace, then that might not be an option for you.

Right, but the previous contraints had sorta been "flying home to NE and WX or Mech diverting into hell (also known as LGA/JFK/EWR)." The "rental car solution" has obvious time/distance limits, but it's not a bad trick to add to the bag.

Did I say that? Do I have a history of saying that?

Christ, you act like everyone who drives in MA gets pulled over and searched, Ive seen places like that, try the wonderful free state of Utah (love the state, just saying its an issue). There are so many asshats on the road in MA that if you stick to the speed limit and keep your vehicle in shape, you are not gonna draw anybodies attention.

You bring up irrelevant things when you have no other direct argument, Ive never implied MA was a hot bed of liberty, I've even said the opposite in this thread. The fact that you put that in my mouth tells me you are out of legitimate arguments.
So you are saying there is a possibility of being screwed over by the state or is there not?

I am not willing to risk losing my rights over a bogus felony charge hell I stay out of MA as a matter of principle because I could get dammed up for life over a misdemeanor in that state, I will fly out of Manchester if I decide to fly. I shouldn't have to worry because I don't drive a brand new car and could attract attention to my 15yo POS, if I stick to the speed limit on MA roads I might as well write a suicide note before I leave because doing 55mph on 128 or 93 is just that, and driving the speed limit in MA is attracting attention

100% absolutely. I flew out of Logan last year with a handgun. Worst possible thing I could've done. And ask me how the return flight went [angry]

NEVER fly out of, or into, Logan with guns....EVER. Hell, best to use Manchester all the time no matter what.

It seems you had a bad experiece at BOS. Could you share the details with us? It might add to this thread.

If it's already been rehashed elsehwere, perhaps a link to that thread?

100% absolutely. I flew out of Logan last year with a handgun. Worst possible thing I could've done. And ask me how the return flight went [angry]

NEVER fly out of, or into, Logan with guns....EVER. Hell, best to use Manchester all the time no matter what.

So what happened?

One thing to be aware of when flying (Southwest anyway, not sure if this is typical). I checked a Sig 1911 in a locked case to Phoenix a few months ago no problem from Manchester. I was required to open my locked (padlocks) Pelican case and show it was unloaded. I had combination Masterlocks on the Pelican case. I was also told that Southwest assumes no liability for lost checked firearms.

When out there, be sure to get to Scottsdale Gun Club, fantastic public indoor range. $15/hr when I was there. You can rent almost any gun and they sell ammo or you can bring your own.

Hi all.

This topic never fails to elicit a ton of replies regardless of what forum it’s in. It's been pretty well covered, too.

What it comes down to, if I may, is the amount of risk you, as an individual, are willing to take. Do you want to be the FOPA poster boy for Logan should things begin to go sideways? It wouldn't take much. Some TSA with a bug up is butt decides to all of a sudden ask you for your LTC A or B from MA which you don't have because you live in Maine or CT or wherever. "FOPA"? Never heard of it. Supervisor! And three months later you finally get it all sorted out but not before having to hire a lawyer and being humiliated in front of the counter and now having to clear up things with your local permit. And you know that once crap like this gets into a computer it's almost impossible to excise out. Yep, you were correct and in the right on all counts but in the meantime "the machine" has been munching on your behind until it was told to go somewhere else. Being caught up in the red tape of the bureaucracy in any state's laws is not a pleasant thing. Your wife has reminded you numerous times, too, that she suggested you leave the piece at home. The ultimate argument starter.

Just as an aside, before I posted this last post on my part to this thread, I did a long Google search trying, with numerous attempts, to find out if anyone has been arrested at Logan under these circumstances. I was unable to find anything specific. So, either my Google finesse sucks or maybe, just maybe there isn't anything to report. Stranger things have happened. Just fyi, however, I, personally will not try it. I'll fly out of BDL and my home state.

Rome

Back
Top Bottom