• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Flying with a ram set

I forgot i gave my dad a ramset back in the day

But it was like an 800 dollar pro setup

He lives in an apt in dorchester now he dont need it

Can i fly with one of these? checked and no ammo obv

Yes, probably not carry on. It does not meet the definition of "firearm" under federal law so it does not need to be declared. The ammo may be checked and does not require declaration but must be limited to (generally) "5kg or 11lbs" and in original factory containers.

Probably fine, especially in checked luggage. If you wanna be extra sure, check with the airline. I don't see why not but at the end of the day a jerk TSA officer could deny it arbitrarily.

What about shipping it?

New ones are all battery powered. Thanks Obama!
I think that may be a shitty Northeast thing? I saw some the other day for sale in ga... but i did have a hell of a time finding one last time i was looking and actually needed it of course lol

What that is
It’s a 12ga shell with what spits a M80 up to about 75-100 yards away and explodes. Outstanding deterrent on deer feeding in ornamental gardens. 😂

At first you could buy them over the counter. Then the ATF required the company to ask for a letter from your local police department stating that the buyer was involved a farm. That wasn't a problem at all for me but when I went to order another case a few years later they explained they were no longer allowed to sell them even with my letter on file.
The company told me Obama had shut them down.

It’s a 12ga shell with what spits a M80 up to about 75-100 yards away and explodes. Outstanding deterrent on deer feeding in ornamental gardens. 😂

At first you could buy them over the counter. Then the ATF required the company to ask for a letter from your local police department stating that the buyer was involved a farm. That wasn't a problem at all for me but when I went to order another case a few years later they explained they were no longer allowed to sell them even with my letter on file.

That sucks. I used to use those on the airport to scare away birds. Worked for everything but turkeys.

That is awesome

F***ing feds ruin everything

I might have shot one once. After 2 hours of shooting with all sorts of loud guns. We shot one of these. It hit the berm and popped up then exploded. We packed the f*** up and split from the area immediately. This was a long time ago before shooting in the woods was an issue. Thing was stupid loud.

I think that may be a shitty Northeast thing? I saw some the other day for sale in ga... but i did have a hell of a time finding one last time i was looking and actually needed it of course lol
The battery ones are actually awesome. Fast, reliable, quiet, but crazy expensive

Back
Top Bottom