NH non resident permit?

it is the law 14 days it took near a month so either the USPS is taking a long time or someone isn't doing their job at the State

The issue date was right at the 14 days depending on the date they received the application. The statute doesn't take mailing times into consideration though 16 days to get it after issued seems about 12 days too long.

Heh.

I forgot about mine:

Check dated 6/16 cashed 6/26.

Unless I threw it away with my junk mail [hmmm]...That'd be four months so far.

I'd make a call. It would be very unusual that it wasn't sent out to you.

If it's taken more than a month, call them!

SO I called and left a message last Friday, and on SUNDAY NIGHT got a message on my answering machine that they had sent it out, and to just email them and confirm that I needed a replacement, and they would send it.

I emailed them, and received the new NR license today.

I wish I knew the name of the woman who called, 'caus'n that was sure above and beyond the call of duty in my mind. Long, polite, apologetic message explaining everything...They did not charge me any additional fee, and that was, what, four days since I responded via email until receiving it in the mail.

[thumbsup]

15 calendar days -- dropped the application in the outgoing post Nov 3 and the permit arrived in my mailbox today Nov 18.

This was an initial application, not a renewal.

There is a surface on the back of the card as if to add a signature, however no instruction to do so. May just be that they are using generic cards, but I do not suppose it would hurt to sign the strip provided.

15 calendar days -- dropped the application in the outgoing post Nov 3 and the permit arrived in my mailbox today Nov 18.

This was an initial application, not a renewal.

There is a surface on the back of the card as if to add a signature, however no instruction to do so. May just be that they are using generic cards, but I do not suppose it would hurt to sign the strip provided.

I'm not sure what the whole process is but we are in the same town and it took me over a month. When I talked to the GPD they said sometimes it gets held up with them. You got lucky. I signed mine.

I moved out of the town that issued my license to another town. The form instructions say that the license must be issued by the "state, county, or town in which you reside". Am I overthinking things, or could that be a problem for me?

I moved out of the town that issued my license to another town. The form instructions say that the license must be issued by the "state, county, or town in which you reside". Am I overthinking things, or could that be a problem for me?

If you are a Non resident your permit came from the state, contact the NH State Police and let them know you moved

If you are a Non resident your permit came from the state, contact the NH State Police and let them know you moved

Should have been more specific. I'm applying for my first non-resident permit right now. My MA LTC is from a different town than the one I currently live in (I'm still in MA), but the instructions on the NH NR application says that the LTC should have been issued by the "state, county, or town in which you reside". Hence, I don't reside in the town that issued my license.

Should have been more specific. I'm applying for my first non-resident permit right now. My MA LTC is from a different town than the one I currently live in (I'm still in MA), but the instructions on the NH NR application says that the LTC should have been issued by the "state, county, or town in which you reside". Hence, I don't reside in the town that issued my license.

OR is the operative word!

Do you still live in MA? If so, it was issued by the state in which you reside.

Don't over-think it.

Yup, call them. You should have gotten it by now.
What number should one call? The one I keep calling (603 223 3873) seems to only go to voicemail. I left a message last week and never heard anything. Application sent in almost a month ago and my check hasnt been cashed yet...

That's the one I called and went through the menus. It took several tries over two days to catch someone actually there to answer.

Mine took well over 1 month. I mailed the application and check in early December. Just received my non-resident permit last Friday. Live in Texas btw.

That's the one I called and went through the menus. It took several tries over two days to catch someone actually there to answer.
I ended up getting a response faster via email. They had "hundreds" of applications that came in around when mine did. At least they finally cashed my check, but no license after 6 weeks so far.

Back
Top Bottom