NH non resident permit?

You are completely right Len 2A. If it was MA the letter wouldn't come, but if it did, it would say "it's taking us longer to process your request and as such we require you send more money!"

Last edited:
They finally cashed my check today (2/25), so I can expect to receive my renewal within the next 2-4 weeks are likely. [Renewal and check were mailed on 1/23/16, to give others a point of reference.]

Submitted 1/20/16, check cashed 2/18/16. Waiting on the license still.
Received mine today.

So, mailed 1/20/16
Check hit my bank on 2/18/16
Permit received 2/25/16

- - - Updated - - -

They finally cashed my check today (2/25), so I can expect to receive my renewal within the next 2-4 weeks are likely. [Renewal and check were mailed on 1/23/16, to give others a point of reference.]

May even be faster than that Len. Mine was only a week from check being cashed to permit (new, not renewal) in hand.

Received mine today.

So, mailed 1/20/16
Check hit my bank on 2/18/16
Permit received 2/25/16

May even be faster than that Len. Mine was only a week from check being cashed to permit (new, not renewal) in hand.

I can hope as mine expires in 3 days, but I'd rather be a pessimist about it and be surprised. [wink]

I won't be making any NH trips until I get it, regardless of how long it takes.

I can hope as mine expires in 3 days, but I'd rather be a pessimist about it and be surprised. [wink]

I won't be making any NH trips until I get it, regardless of how long it takes.
I'm sure you're aware that you can cc unloaded (no mag, no round in chamber) or oc out of the car. Yes I know any extra handling increases the odds of an nd.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm sure you're aware that you can cc unloaded (no mag, no round in chamber) or oc out of the car. Yes I know any extra handling increases the odds of an nd.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yup, fully aware but won't do it. I won't make my next shopping trip until I have it in-hand.

Hi All
I was able to talk to someone in the license place in NH.
They said they are were working on applications that they received
on Feb 7th, 2016 as of yesterday. They got mine on the 12th and
said I should have it in one or two weeks. They also said they got
a flood of applications recently and that is why it is taking longer.
Rob ....

Hi All
I was able to talk to someone in the license place in NH.
They said they are were working on applications that they received
on Feb 7th, 2016 as of yesterday. They got mine on the 12th and
said I should have it in one or two weeks. They also said they got
a flood of applications recently and that is why it is taking longer.
Rob ....

[rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

Don't count on that info being accurate!

I sent my renewal back on 1/23 (IIRC), they cashed the check on 2/25, mine expired 2/28 and no license received as of yesterday. I'll bet that it will take another 1-2 weeks minimum to get to me!

So don't hold high hopes to see yours quickly.

So don't hold high hopes to see yours quickly.

I don't expect ANYTHING quickly when it comes to ANY Government office ;-)
It does not bother me if it takes longer. I found out here in another thread that
I can open carry if I want to take it somewhere in NH anyway. Also if I read right
I can CC as long as no mag or ammo on my person, do not quote me on that :)
Rob ....

Last edited:
I don't expect ANYTHING quickly when it comes to ANY Government office ;-)
It does not bother me if it takes longer. I found out here in another thread that
I can open carry if I want to take it somewhere in NH anyway. Also if I read right
I can CC as long as no mag or ammo in the gun :)
Rob ....

FIFY

Thanks for clearing that up ...
Hey can I have like 6 rounds of ammo in my pocket ?
Why I ask this ....
Say I am in MA (where I live) and I happen to want to go shopping .... Shooter's ;-)
Can I empty the gun just before the border and put ammo in my pocket
and continue up to Hooksett and go in store ?
Want to go look at safe's and a holster plus drool/plan on next rifle purchase ... LOL ...
Rob ...

Thanks for clearing that up ...
Hey can I have like 6 rounds of ammo in my pocket ?
Why I ask this ....
Say I am in MA (where I live) and I happen to want to go shopping .... Shooter's ;-)
Can I empty the gun just before the border and put ammo in my pocket
and continue up to Hooksett and go in store ?
Want to go look at safe's and a holster plus drool/plan on next rifle purchase ... LOL ...
Rob ...

As bill mentioned it cannot be in the firearm. period. it can be in the same pocket as the firearm, but not in the firearm.

Well after ~7 weeks I received my NH NR License . . . issue date 2/19/2016. Expiration date 2/29/2016!!!

Doh!

Just tried to call, voicemail jail doesn't let you try to reach a human.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a phone number for the Licensing Unit that does not just go in a loop of information, where you can actually speak with a human???

The name of the NH State Trooper in charge of Licensing would also work, then I can call the general HQ number and ask to be put thru to his office.

Does anyone have a phone number for the Licensing Unit that does not just go in a loop of information, where you can actually speak with a human???

The name of the NH State Trooper in charge of Licensing would also work, then I can call the general HQ number and ask to be put thru to his office.
I had the best luck with emailing when I couldnt get through.

As bill mentioned it cannot be in the firearm. period. it can be in the same pocket as the firearm, but not in the firearm.

I thought I've seen on here several times that if you do not have a NH Non Res - you either have to open carry and can be loaded or concealed carry and not loaded AND no ammo on your person?

I thought I've seen on here several times that if you do not have a NH Non Res - you either have to open carry and can be loaded or concealed carry and not loaded AND no ammo on your person?

There is no ammo on your person qualifier. That's erroneous bullshit that appears on some NH gov website. As long as the gun is unloaded you are good to go. The reason for the discrepancy is that a recent NH supreme court decision finally delineated this stupid ****ing "proximity of ammo" issue and put that garbage to bed. As long as the gun is unloaded that is all that matters.

-Mike

Len this is the number I called ... 603-223-3873

I had the best luck with emailing when I couldnt get through.

I did both of the above. Phone number had me going in circles, could not get to a human. I sent them Email, it'll probably take a week until they get to it, just like last time I queried on status.

I also Emailed PGNH (I'm a charter member) for the contact info, don't expect a quick response there either.

If necessary I'll just call HQ and ask for the Trooper in charge of licensing, but if someone has that info here all the better.

This morning I called the Col's office and she suggested leaving VM. Instead I found their Fax number and gen'd up a letter with an image of the new, expired license and Faxed it to them. I received an Email apology an hour later and she said that she is mailing out a replacement today.

This morning I called the Col's office and she suggested leaving VM. Instead I found their Fax number and gen'd up a letter with an image of the new, expired license and Faxed it to them. I received an Email apology an hour later and she said that she is mailing out a replacement today.

A big pain but at least they are fixing it. If this was mass they would probably tell you to fill out a renewal application and submit it with another hundred....lol

A big pain but at least they are fixing it. If this was mass they would probably tell you to fill out a renewal application and submit it with another hundred....lol

Well, I received the new license yesterday. Immediately headed North for some shopping and contributed quite a bit to Nashua and Hudson's economy. Nothing related to firearms however.

Not quite if MA and this happened (it did once), I was in the face of my chief at that time to get it fixed after I had spoken to MSP (who did issue them back then) to clarify what my chief had to do. The chief wasn't happy with me, but he fixed the problem of his creation. If the identical (to NH) problem happened to me today, since it was an obvious error in printing, I would have been on the phone with Michaela to get it corrected and I would have had the same level of service as I did from NH but without the frustrating VM jail NH has setup (I have direct numbers for Michaela).

Well, I received the new license yesterday. Immediately headed North for some shopping and contributed quite a bit to Nashua and Hudson's economy. Nothing related to firearms however.

Not quite if MA and this happened (it did once), I was in the face of my chief at that time to get it fixed after I had spoken to MSP (who did issue them back then) to clarify what my chief had to do. The chief wasn't happy with me, but he fixed the problem of his creation. If the identical (to NH) problem happened to me today, since it was an obvious error in printing, I would have been on the phone with Michaela to get it corrected and I would have had the same level of service as I did from NH but without the frustrating VM jail NH has setup (I have direct numbers for Michaela).

Nice. Glad it's resolved. I downloaded a copy of the application from a previous post in this thread. I'll be sending mine up this week. I hope mine doesn't expire before I get it...lol

OK. My application is all set to be mailed. My official mail date is going to be tomorrow March 8th as today is Sunday. So I will keep you posted. I am heading to take my UTAH application course this afternoon as well. I have no idea why. I never travel to any of those other states....lol I guess it's just because I want it.

Last edited:
Just checked on the status of my application this morning and here is what I got "We are currently running 4-5 week backlog. All applications received prior to Feb 11 have been processed." and " They have several hundred application waiting to be processed"

Application mailed 2/23 they confirmed they received 2/25

Last edited:
Just checked my checking account. They cashed the check yesterday.
I sent it in on Feb. 12th so that is about 5 weeks since I mailed it in.
From what I was told by them a week ago I should have it next week.
So that is about a 6 week turn around.
Rob ....

Last edited:
Just checked my bank account my check cleared yesterday 3/23 just shy of 4 weeks guessing should receive in the mail in the next week :) if true total time would be just under 5 weeks

Back
Top Bottom