NH non resident permit?

Mine took about 6 weeks from mailing the application to getting the card. However, the card is about 20 years off on the DOB. Sending it back...

Last edited:
Nice. Glad it's resolved. I downloaded a copy of the application from a previous post in this thread. I'll be sending mine up this week. I hope mine doesn't expire before I get it...lol

OK. My application is all set to be mailed. My official mail date is going to be tomorrow March 8th as today is Sunday. So I will keep you posted. I am heading to take my UTAH application course this afternoon as well. I have no idea why. I never travel to any of those other states....lol I guess it's just because I want it.

So my mail date for my NH non-res LTC was March 8th and the check just cleared the bank yesterday. Don't know if that means the license is in the mail or not but haven't heard anything yet. So this is now a race between my Utah non-res LTC and my NH LTC as Utah just submitted the charge for the fee on my cc today. Which if any will get here first...lol.

My Utah took 3 1/2 weeks, strange thing was, it came with a letter stating that they'll want it back if my prints don't check out.
So my mail date for my NH non-res LTC was March 8th and the check just cleared the bank yesterday. Don't know if that means the license is in the mail or not but haven't heard anything yet. So this is now a race between my Utah non-res LTC and my NH LTC as Utah just submitted the charge for the fee on my cc today. Which if any will get here first...lol.

My Utah took 3 1/2 weeks, strange thing was, it came with a letter stating that they'll want it back if my prints don't check out.

that's funny. so much for the back ground check....lol the funny thing about mine is as I said about the NH...I mailed that on March 8th. I mailed the Utah on march 21st. they submitted payments a day apart....I'll give NH a bit of a break.,..not sure how long it takes for the banks to do their thing with a check. Figure a day extra maybe even 2. Almost a two week difference in mail time. It would be cool if they both got here on the same day.

I have always been reluctant to apply for out of state licenses. I don't want to have to explain it forever on my renewals if I were ever to be denied. I'm a victim of the Massachusetts paranoia.

Last edited:
I just filled out mine. I put, under reason for apply "personal protection". My buddy is telling me I should print a new one and put "all proper purpose" he said he's been told that's the right answer. In the directions, it states that protection is acceptable. I'd reprint it, except it's already in the envelope with my last stamp on it. Will I be ok?

I just filled out mine. I put, under reason for apply "personal protection". My buddy is telling me I should print a new one and put "all proper purpose" he said he's been told that's the right answer. In the directions, it states that protection is acceptable. I'd reprint it, except it's already in the envelope with my last stamp on it. Will I be ok?

From the back of the very form you filled out:

A license to carry a loaded handgun may be issued for PROTECTION or ALL PROPER PURPOSES.

You'll be fine.

Pretty sure all utah's come with them being provisional until your license is back. They actually adhere to their laws regarding time frames.

If I remember the instructions it tell you what to put as the reason. Don't recall specifically. I can print another app and see...but I think they said what to put...

NH hasn't been $20 in at least 6 years! They jacked the NR fee to $100 a long time ago. You must have a very old application form. Try downloading a new form from the state website.

I sent it this morning already. I'm going to fill out a new one and send another check. They'll just send the other one back, right? Or should I call and send a check for the difference?

I sent it this morning already. I'm going to fill out a new one and send another check. They'll just send the other one back, right? Or should I call and send a check for the difference?

I have no clue what they will do. I don't know if they will send a supplemental bill or just deny your app. maybe you could just send them a second check for the 80. I'm thinking you need to give them a ring on the tele....

I'd call them up to see what they'll do about it. They may just void it and have you send another one, or have you send the difference. NH is usually good about this kind of thing.

I got a call back, ironically, while I was sitting in my Utah no. Resident class. She told me to resubmit my application and they'll send my other one back. So, I sent it in Saturday. I do t care how long it takes, as long as I get it by August 1.

robjax said:
If I remember the instructions it tell you what to put as the reason. Don't recall specifically. I can print another app and see...but I think they said what to put...
Thanks. I did read that. And I'm sure I'll be ok. Just wanted others opinions[/COLOR]
Nothing to worry about, and forget opinion, stick with the letter of the law in RSA 159:6, which states "The license shall be valid for all allowable purposes regardless of the purpose for which it was originally issued.".

Back
Top Bottom