NH non resident permit?

Got my NH non-res about 2 months ago - was a solid 4 week wait.
If I remember NH was pretty quick after they cashed the check.
Utah cashed the check quickly then I waited 3 more weeks.

Last edited:
Sent in NH and Maine non-res on the same day. Maine cashed their check two weeks ago, NH still holding my check. No response from either phone/email. Sigh...

I sent my application in 3 weeks ago. Havent even cashed my check. Tried calling today and no answer.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

They send out the form and it is Form # DSSP260 (2013 rev). Unsure if it is on the website or not, but if so, I suggest filling it out 2 months prior and sending it in as there is no grace period.

Figured I'd add to this thread instead of starting a new one. Does an FID fulfill the resident license requirement for a NH Non-Resident P&R? A friend asked me today and I was stumped.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Figured I'd add to this thread instead of starting a new one. Does an FID fulfill the resident license requirement for a NH Non-Resident P&R? A friend asked me today and I was stumped.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I honestly would doubt it. However, he should call NH SP Licensing Div and ask, that way he'll get the straight answer.

Is a FID a license to carry concealed?

You must have a valid concealed carry license from your home state in order to be issued a non-resident NH license, per [thread=227695]Saf-C 2102.03[/thread]:
Saf-C 2102.03 said:
License Required.
(a) For the purposes of this section, “resident state license” means a license to carry a pistol or revolver concealed in the state where the applicant resides.
(b) No nonresident license shall be issued unless the applicant provides a copy of the applicant’s resident state license, or unless the applicant displays, for verification, a resident state license.

Just wanted to share my experience with the non-resident license process.

Mailed application on 1-4-16. Check cashed on 1-28-16. Received license on 2-10-16. License has an issue date of 1-28-16. YMMV.

Believe it or not, I just received a reply tonight (Sunday!!!) to my Email that I sent on Thursday.

Hello Mr xxxx,
We are currently about 5 weeks behind the processing of applications. We are processing applications that were received on Jan 25. I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I will try to locate your application and give you an update.
Diana

Documented proof they are breaking the law, feel free to use it against them.

I fully expected that. If someone is busting their tail to do their job, to the point that they are working Sunday Night, I am not about to bust their ass even if it is a law violation. NOBODY who writes/passes any laws ever has to live with implementing them, not in any state!

I'll leave it to others to sue, waste their time and force them to fall further behind.

Believe it or not, I just received a reply tonight (Sunday!!!) to my Email that I sent on Thursday.

Well that explains it! When I first applied I got my license in something like 7 days. Mailed my renewal a month ago, and I'm still waiting. At least they're responsive about it.

Back
Top Bottom