NH non resident permit?

Question for anybody that might have the answer. I recently moved from VT to MA. I had a NH NR while in VT. It expired in 2012 and I'm reapplying as a MA res now. Would this be considered a Original or a renewal application?

Question for anybody that might have the answer. I recently moved from VT to MA. I had a NH NR while in VT. It expired in 2012 and I'm reapplying as a MA res now. Would this be considered a Original or a renewal application?

I'd call NH SP (number is on the form IIRC) and ask them. I really don't know.

Thanks Len, yeah thought that would be the way to go but figured couldn't hurt to ask. I know ME says 6 month after expiration is considered a new app. Will call them this week.

I got mine in less than three weeks. of course, by the time I get up there and have the ability to carry on it, it will most likely be a constitutional carry state, and I've made $100 donation to the state police[emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mailed: 05/13/2015
Check Cashed: 05/27/2015

Still waiting to receive... they are not very receptive to emails or phone calls : /

A lady called me back from Permits & Licensing Unit and said my license is in final stages and should be in my mailbox in about 1 week.

What is the wait time these days? Ive been putting my NH permit off for 8 years now lol. I just renewed my Maine one and figured I would send NH a new Maine one instead of one that expires in a month.

What is the wait time these days? Ive been putting my NH permit off for 8 years now lol. I just renewed my Maine one and figured I would send NH a new Maine one instead of one that expires in a month.

You might want to wait a bit. NH's SB116 is now enrolled and is either on the governors desk or is about to be. Further, even if SB116 doesn't become law and is vetoed, Maine just passed a bill that changes their reciprocity law which will finally allow NH to honor Maine's permit once the Maine law goes into effect.

I thought the NH governor already said she would veto the Constitution carry bill? Maines constitutional carry bill is just about dead over loss of revenue, wonder if this will effect NH decision if she had changed her mind and was going to sign it

Great. Do they reciprocate with NH yet?

No but maybe soon as there is some bill that passed but it won't go in effect till the end of the summer.

The law expanding reciprocity was signed by the governor.

http://legislature.maine.gov/LawMakerWeb/summary.asp?LD=868&SessionID=11

Here is the bill text:

http://www.mainelegislature.org/legis/bills/bills_127th/chapters/PUBLIC144.asp

I looked up what adjournment means and found this:

Adjourned
127th First Regular Session - Statutory Adjournment is Wednesday, June 17, 2015
127th Second Regular Session - Statutory Adjournment is Wednesday, April 20, 2016

The bill says this at the bottom:
Effective 90 days following adjournment of the 127th Legislature, First Regular Session, unless otherwise indicated.

So 90 days from tomorrow June 17, the changes to Maine reciprocity law will be effective.

Now for reciprocity purposes, it still requires action by other states. For NH, Maine basically has the same language as we do: If you accept our license as valid, we accept yours. It will be interesting to see who changes their website first: Maine or NH.

Anyone have an updated time for non res license? Looks like it was running about a month from applied to received back in February.

Ill be be spending a couple days with the wife and kids in the white mountains the 2nd week of July and would like to cc but doubt I'll get the license back in time

Anyone have an updated time for non res license? Looks like it was running about a month from applied to received back in February.

Ill be be spending a couple days with the wife and kids in the white mountains the 2nd week of July and would like to cc but doubt I'll get the license back in time

Mine arrived in the mail today. Approximately three weeks.

Back
Top Bottom