NH non resident permit?

Most of the state governments up here just aren't that fond of concealed carry. Why should they make it easier on us if they could not​ make it easier?

Also, why would NH want to make it easier on MA residents who want to carry in NH when MA makes it aweful for everyone to even exist in the commonwealth.

Also, why would NH want to make it easier on MA residents who want to carry in NH when MA makes it aweful for everyone to even exist in the commonwealth.

Leading by Example? being the better state? Enticing people that life is better in NH and getting people to move (as long as they're not liberals!)? It's the "right" thing to do.

Does anyone know what the current turn around is on permits? I know I sent mine in about 3 weeks ago, my check got cashed 9/30 and I am trying to figure out when I might see the permit in my mailbox. (I know its not today as I already got my mail for today. [frown]) I had some plans for later in the week and I had been hoping to have it before then but I am thinking it might not come till next week. Anyone thoughts on how long it is now between check cashed and permit arriving?

They received my application on September 15 cashed my checked September 29 and I'm still waiting. I'll post here when I hear from them.

I dropped my NH permit application in the mail today. Why New England is so bad about accepting other New England states' carry permits, I may never know.

Because all but like 3 of the states in new england are communist WRT gun laws, of the 3 that aren't, the 2 that require carry permits still have 2 completely different sets of gun laws that don't allow for reciprocity. NH would probably accept MA's license if MA accepted theirs, but since MA basically says "**** You" to everyone, reciprocity is impossible.

-Mike

You sent it in the mail on the 15th? Do you know when they received it?

I sent my certified mail and know they received it on Sept 15. I still have not heard from them. In light of the news here I would expect to see mine early this week.

You sent it in the mail on the 15th? Do you know when they received it?

Dropped in mail for me.

I sent my certified mail and know they received it on Sept 15. I still have not heard from them. In light of the news here I would expect to see mine early this week.

Might depend on where you live for mail delivery because I live on MA/NH border. Mine was issued 9/29 so I would assume yours was probably from the same batch.

Frank, I'm in the same boat as you...I sent my application in on 9/29, and they cashed my check 10/12...still no permit yet, hopefully I'll see it this week.

I think they print and mail in batches and also I think mail delivery depends on where in MA you are located. Though it definitely seems to take more time between check cashing and receiving it in the mail than it should. You can always call and leave a message asking about status. I ended up doing that and got it in the mail a few days later. (Never got a call back because I think they looked me up and saw it had been mailed and crossed my message off the list.)

I think they print and mail in batches and also I think mail delivery depends on where in MA you are located. Though it definitely seems to take more time between check cashing and receiving it in the mail than it should. You can always call and leave a message asking about status. I ended up doing that and got it in the mail a few days later. (Never got a call back because I think they looked me up and saw it had been mailed and crossed my message off the list.)

I'd guess that they do that too. Website states 14 day turnaround time, so technically they're past that requirement, but as previous posters have said, by the time I actually made a stink about it and got anywhere the damn thing will be in my mailbox. Still better than MA in my book.

Way better than MA. I had forgotten zip codes on my references and they mailed my app back with my check and a letter noting what I needed to do. I am sure MA would cash the check and reject the application and then I would be stuck putting on any future app that I had been denied a license before. Their message system has a slot for if your check got cashed 4 weeks ago and you havn't heard anything. My thought is if there was anything wrong with your app they wouldn't have cashed the check (and would have mailed you back a letter on what needed to be fixed) so its more of a waiting game with office work and mail delivery.

Still waiting for my check to be cashed. I dropped it in the mail about a month ago.

Did you send it certified mail or just drop in the box? You might want to call to see if they got it, from my understanding they are usually pretty quick about processing and cashing the check once they receive it.

No luck for me either Frank. Still waiting after sending mine in 9/29 with the check being cashed 10/12.

That stinks. So much for the whole 14 day thing. Not the same thing, but by resident renewal took less than 2 days. Dropped off on a Tuesday afternoon. Got a call Thursday morning. Not that I want you guys to feel bad or anything.

Wow is there a backup in the NH non res P and R system? I got my p and r (mass resident) last spring......took 2 weeks form the day I mailed it to the card being in my mailbox.

Has any non-resident actually tried to hold the state to the 14-day rule?

Wow is there a backup in the NH non res P and R system? I got my p and r (mass resident) last spring......took 2 weeks form the day I mailed it to the card being in my mailbox.
Delays are sporadic, almost seems seasonal. Last time New Hampshire State Police claimed they ran out plastic card stock. [rolleyes]

Good news gents! Mine finally came today. Issue date listed is 10/05/2014 - check was deposited on 10/07. They must be mailing these out in batches. Hope you other guys have some good luck today as well! 6 weeks from sending the paperwork to receiving the permit.

Last edited:
Good news for me as well this Haloween! I received mine with an issue date of 10/15/2014. My Check was deposited 10/17. Just under 5 weeks turnaround time! Bad for NH but much better than MA.

Back
Top Bottom