NH non resident permit?

now 04/22 and still waiting on the sherrif. Stoped to see him yesterday and was told "he's in a meeting". Called him later and got his voicemail.......

mailed from mass 4-7-14 issued 4-16-14 received 4-24-14 expires 1-31- 19???? thought it was 4 year permit. did i get an extra 9 months????

mailed from mass 4-7-14 issued 4-16-14 received 4-24-14 expires 1-31- 19???? thought it was 4 year permit. did i get an extra 9 months????

Is that your birth month? No less than 4 years...

" for not less than 4 years from the date of issue...When required, license renewal shall take place within the month of the fourth anniversary of the license holder's date of birth following the date of issuance"

Sherrif finally returned my phone call 04/22/14. He sent the letter yesterday which I put in the NH packet today in the mail, 04/24/14. We'll see how long it takes. I'd bet it's quicker than the Sherrif's response time to my original request.
(6 weeks)
JD

Is that your birth month? No less than 4 years...

" for not less than 4 years from the date of issue...When required, license renewal shall take place within the month of the fourth anniversary of the license holder's date of birth following the date of issuance"

yes-january 7---didn't see (or read) the part about "no less than 4 years"

thanks for the answer

Put my nonres renewal in the mail today... (the 16th) will be interesting to see when it gets here. I bet they will beat 3 weeks. A close friend of mine messed up the NH application like 3 times in the space of 2 weeks and they were pretty fast sending it back to him with a note saying "please fill out the form properly" or similar. [laugh] He kept leaving stuff blank accidentally.

-Mike

Put my nonres renewal in the mail today... (the 16th) will be interesting to see when it gets here. I bet they will beat 3 weeks. A close friend of mine messed up the NH application like 3 times in the space of 2 weeks and they were pretty fast sending it back to him with a note saying "please fill out the form properly" or similar. [laugh] He kept leaving stuff blank accidentally.

-Mike

Haha. When I sent mine in, I forgot to sign the check. I got it back from them and, thinking it was the license, I thought "damn that was quick". Even with the delay of mailing things back and forth, the total wait time put MA to shame.

It doesn't appear from looking at my NH NR license, that they do any sort of restrictions. There doesn't seem to be any space for restrictions, reason for issue, or anything else of the sort. Same with Maine, in case anyone was wondering.

Gary

Because its free America. They honor rights of the people

Mailed my app and check in on 5/14/2014 received P&R Permit 5/27/2014 (renewal)

I still haven't seen mine yet.... Although I did notice today that they cashed my check so I bet its in my mailbox today or tomorrow. (crosses fingers)

-Mike

Moved up toward the NH state line, so decided to get the NH non-resident permit. Mailed it on 6/21, license was issued on 7/1 and arrived in the mail 7/9. What a difference from Massachusetts.

Catch-22: Cannot apply as resident until after change residency to NH

If you transition from a Non-Resident to a resident, can you still carry on your non-res until your get your paper license?
Surprisingly, no.

It's not even codified in the law, it's in Saf-C 2104.02. under "Conditions for Revocation", "A license to carry pistols or revolvers shall be revoked if ... (d) The licensee becomes a resident of New Hampshire". The devil is in the (administrative) details.

Last edited:
Over and above the letter of the law we have Saf-C 2102.03

What's the latest on NH denying to restricted Ma LTC-A's? Going by this thread, their attitude on it changes every so often.
It's a sporadic issue with administrative rulemaking, most recently in Saf-C 2102.03 (Adopted Rules 7/17/13), and has it's own [thread=232662]thread[/thread].

Got it today. I like the Utah one. It has your face and I can use as ID sometimes. This one cannot be used as the ID card. Gzzzz
Also why only up to 2018. I thought 5 years instead of 4

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom