NH Man fires an AK in a MA Resturant

This is why I carry, then again if one of us took him out WE would be the nut in the china joint according to the media. sigh

Last edited:
I knew that this thread had a lot of potential for Win, and it has delivered.

saddam_golden_ak-47_1.jpg

I just still can't believe he fired 15 shots (assuming 15 due to the 15 counts of assault with intent to murder) and no one got hurt. No one in an adjoining building, no ricochets off a frying pan, nothing.

On a side note, I bet everyone was functionally deaf after 15 rounds going off in an enclosed space.

One of the reports in the Lynn Item said he was firing into the ceiling. I don't know if that's what he meant to do or not, but the ceiling was the only victim. The picture in the paper shows him with a pretty good black eye. Ain't that a shame.

What's really surprising is that they only tackled him and no one shot or stabbed him then tossed him out onto the street. Lynn must be going upscale!

That's what I thought! If someone is squeezing off rounds with an AK, something more than bouncer-tactics are called for.

This happened less than 2 miles from my front door. That's driving miles, not "as the crow flies". It was within 100 yards of Lynn City Hall and happened on the same day that Bill Cosby played to a sold-out auditorium at Lynn City Hall.

Just saw it on the news. The guy looks like a total loser. He was drunk out of his mind. When the bar wouldn't serve him more, he went out and allegedly grabbed an AK and a Pistol out of his trunk. They weren't even his guns, belonged to relatives. They be in trouble now. Friggin idiot. There was a guy who just emigrated from Iraq and his car was hit by a round. He didn't look happy, I can't blame him.

Just saw it on the news. The guy looks like a total loser. He was drunk out of his mind. When the bar wouldn't serve him more, he went out and allegedly grabbed an AK and a Pistol out of his trunk. They weren't even his guns, belonged to relatives. They be in trouble now. Friggin idiot. There was a guy who just emigrated from Iraq and his car was hit by a round. He didn't look happy, I can't blame him.

He moved from Iraq.....to Lynn? WTF?

He was probably safer in Baghdad.

because every news story ever always features a blurb about how high-powered the weapon is even if it's a nerf gun. that's just how the lame-stream media rolls.

guns are bad and scary. be scared of them, citizen.

Went to that place a few times after school a while back, wasn't that good back then but father still goes there quite a bit I guess (anything beats his cooking). I'm surprised the guy didn't get stabbed or shot when he pulled that, especially in that area...

Saw this on Ch 7 news last night. They showed a "picture" of the "evil" AK-47 assault rifle. The picture they broadcast was of a TOY GUN! It was all plastic with a red tipped barrel. Apparently, airing a photo of a real weapon goes too far 'round these parts. The children must know that red tipped toy guns are just as evil as the real ones I guess.

I hate this state and am looking forward to moving the business elsewhere....along with the $8+ million of state taxes.... Did I mention I hate this state?

Latest update at Lynn Item.

http://www.thedailyitemoflynn.com/articles/2009/12/08/news/news01.txt

"Gobbi obtained the weapons from his parents in New Hampshire and that he was planning to kill himself."

"When interviewed by police, Gobbi said he had been drinking in Rochester, N.H. Friday night to the point where he had blacked out and that he shouldn't drink alcohol because he "gets into trouble" when he does.

He said at some point during the night, he got a ride back to his family's home in Wakefield, N.H., and grabbed some guns and the keys to his uncle's vehicle even though he doesn't have a driver's license."

Imagine this guy thinking: "Allah, is that a friggin AK?"

Actually he was probably thinking "Gee, it's much safer here in Massachusetts. That poor guy has to pull the trigger for every shot. He also can't hide from me because I can see his muzzle flash. And I'm so happy he has no bayonet to stab me with"

Latest update at Lynn Item.

http://www.thedailyitemoflynn.com/articles/2009/12/08/news/news01.txt

"Gobbi obtained the weapons from his parents in New Hampshire and that he was planning to kill himself."

"When interviewed by police, Gobbi said he had been drinking in Rochester, N.H. Friday night to the point where he had blacked out and that he shouldn't drink alcohol because he "gets into trouble" when he does.

He said at some point during the night, he got a ride back to his family's home in Wakefield, N.H., and grabbed some guns and the keys to his uncle's vehicle even though he doesn't have a driver's license."

I think, in addictive behavior terms, that this just might qualify as his "bottom."

I think, in addictive behavior terms, that this just might qualify as his "bottom."
Not quite, as it turns out:

"While being treated at Salem Hospital for lacerations to his face and lip area, Gobbi reportedly told police, 'I wish I just shot myself and got it over with.'"

But if it wasn't "bottom" he could sure see it from there. Poor bastard.

My bet is he probably just went into the place and started firing it into the ceiling or something. Even in his drunken state he probably realized that shooting the bartender would not be conducive to receiving a drink.

Yes, I realize that I've just been handed my first class ticket on the train to hell. Not to mention when I saw the headline that "There's a cat in the kettle at the peking moon" song started playing in my head.

Kidding aside it is a good thing nobody got hurt- for both the patrons of the restaurant and our rights- this could have been an epically bad disaster. Kudos to the people with enough balls to tackle the guy. At least someone DID SOMETHING... which seems to be something lacking in this country on the whole.

-Mike

100% agreed!!!

The only good news to come out of this poor souls "dumbassity" is that because he didn't hit anything, the politicians and media have pretty much ignored it.

Lawrence, Lowell, and Lynn don't interest the elite media: no sushi bars and no rich white people.

Back
Top Bottom