NH Man fires an AK in a MA Resturant

Poor guy. He was literally moments away from finally getting his life together. He just needed one more drink for motivation.

I just still can't believe he fired 15 shots (assuming 15 due to the 15 counts of assault with intent to murder) and no one got hurt. No one in an adjoining building, no ricochets off a frying pan, nothing.

On a side note, I bet everyone was functionally deaf after 15 rounds going off in an enclosed space.

I don't know if 15 shots equals 15 counts of assault... It might also be the number of people in the resturant (could be wrong)

There is no way it was an automatic if he only got 15 rounds off.

I think if they are going to try to enforce gun control based on acts like these they should try to bring back prohibition as well.

What they didnt tell you was that he is actually a WWII vet who was upset that he fought to defend the chinese against the Japanese and they wont even serve him ...and that he wasn't firing the "AK-47" at anyone it was just a misguided attempt with a roman candle to celebrate the Chinese new year ....

poor SOB ... probably didn't know you couldnt have fireworks in mass either.

can accept detachable mags? check.
high-cap? check.
pistol grip? check.
adjustable stock? check.

i found a picture of the AK-47 used in the assault that was just released by the herald:

nerfnstrikeraiderrapid.jpg

Quote:
LYNN — Police say a man who opened fire with an AK-47 assault rifle at a Lynn restaurant was enraged after workers who thought he was intoxicated refused to serve him alcohol

They will be blaming George Bush for one too!!!

Funny thing is I am from Lynn, and used to go up to Wakefield, NH all the time up util about 2 years ago. Now it is a few times a summer.
Bet this guy was a regular at The Coo-Coo's Nest back before it closed.[smile] Maybe that's why he was so agitated. Used to be alot of guns at that place back in the day......oh so I've heard.[wink]

What's really surprising is that they only tackled him and no one shot or stabbed him then tossed him out onto the street. Lynn must be going upscale!

[laugh2]

That's only if he was a "victim" and the cops took him out.

Hey, cut me some slack. It's tough to think like a liberal. At least I got the general premise correct [smile]. Okay, so you're saying that his life was spinning out of control and he hit rock bottom when he opened up with the belt fed full auto AK assault revolver with the shoulder thing that goes up. At that point he realized the error of his ways and decided to get his life on track, just as the police brutally attacked him with excessive force in order to place him under an unjustified sham of an arrest. Does that sound right?

i suggest we have a ban on Chinese restaurants,this is the 2nd assault in or near by one in 2 maybe 3 days in Lynn. "how many more mistah speakah,how many more?"

Or at the very least rename them Assault Resturants - especially given what they do to my colon.

http://www.itemlive.com/articles/2009/12/07/updates/doc4b1d3706e4f56580509787.txt

*see link for picture

LYNN - The 30-year-old New Hampshire man charged with opening fire inside China Lion restaurant Saturday was ordered held without bail during his arraignment Monday morning in Lynn District Court.

Prosecutors say Anthony Gobbi, of East Wakefield, N.H., went into China Lion restaurant early Saturday morning and was extremely intoxicated. He was harassing customers and employees.

Gobbi, who had ordered a drink, was denied service when he was unable to produce identification.

Prosecutors say Gobbi then left the restaurant and was yelling he was denied service because he was white.

Reports say Gobbi then retrieved an AK-47 and Glock handgun from his truck. He walked back into the restaurant and began firing at the ceiling. Customers and employees were ducking and hiding under tables. One customer was able to get Gobbi out of the restaurant and take away the weapon even as Gobbi continued to fire outside hitting a jewelry store and several parked cars.

Prosecutors said during his arraignment they believe he got the weapons from relatives in New Hampshire and that he was going to kill himself.

Gobbi, who was wearing a blue denim shirt over a T-shirt, was represented by a court-appointed lawyer and is scheduled for a dangerousness hearing Dec. 15.

Looks like somebody laid a beat-down on our boy. Good!

He went for a twofer - and AK-47 and a Glock! The mall-ninja combo! All we need is a big assed knife and we've got the trifecta.

I am watching this on the news right now...hahah...Here my order i'd like sum-dum-shooting prrrreeassseeeee....

Of course the only answer will be to further restrict the rights of New Hampshire [STRIKE]visitors[/STRIKE] enraged drunks. [rolleyes]
Fixd. Serves him right: this would not happen at the Porthole! Their security team insures all patrons are well lubricated.

I wonder if it was a Norinco or Poly-tech. Just, you know, from a symmetry point
Best post!

My bet is he probably just went into the place and started firing it into the ceiling or something. Even in his drunken state he probably realized that shooting the bartender would not be conducive to receiving a drink. //
Second place.

It appears the other patrons were not pleased to have their dinner disturbed:
doc4b1d3706e4f56580509787.jpg

Anthony Gobbi, 30, of 90 Burley Park Drive, East Wakefield, NH, was charged with 15 counts of assault with intent to murder, carrying a firearm without a license, discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a building, unlawful possession of ammunition, carrying a loaded, high-capacity firearm, carrying a loaded firearm.

Prosecutors say Gobbi went into China Lion restaurant early Saturday morning and was extremely intoxicated. He was harassing customers and employees.

Gobbi, who had ordered a drink, was denied service when he was unable to produce identification. Prosecutors say Gobbi then left the restaurant and was yelling he was denied service because he was white.

Reports say Gobbi then retrieved an AK-47 and Glock handgun from his truck. He walked back into the restaurant and began firing at the ceiling. Customers and employees were ducking and hiding under tables. One customer was able to get Gobbi out of the restaurant and take away the weapon even as Gobbi continued to fire outside hitting a jewelry store and several parked cars.

Prosecutors said during his arraignment they believe he got the weapons from relatives in New Hampshire and that he was going to kill himself. Gobbi, who was wearing a blue denim shirt over a T-shirt, was represented by a court-appointed lawyer and is scheduled for a dangerousness hearing Dec. 15

Lynn Item article. Gotta give props to the folks who shepherded him out.

And a great comment:
harlan stearns wrote on Dec 7, 2009 1:25 PM:
...for every screwball that comes to Lynn, there are Lynners or ex-Lynners causing problems elsewhere. You can reference the stories available online today:

1) Lynn man arrested in N.H drug bust
2) Former Lynn woman guilty on drug charge
3) Former Lynn man pleads guilty to house break-in

The city does a great job importing and exporting criminals. "
[rofl]

Apparently this guy is originally from Lynn, BTW.
Anthony Gobbi is FROM LYNN! He grew up on Euclid Avenue, and must have moved to NH in recent years. He was shot by his uncle in the chest about 8-9 years ago - Lynn Item covered the story in detail.

"Lynn, Lynn, the city of sin, you never come out the way you went in."

Last edited:
Anthony Gobbi is FROM LYNN! He grew up on Euclid Avenue, and must have moved to NH in recent years. He was shot by his uncle in the chest about 8-9 years ago - Lynn Item covered the story in detail.

To bad his uncle wasn't a better shot.

I need to start a new thread. "How Many Spare Mags Do You Carry When You Go Into A Chinese Joint With An AK All Shades Of Pissed Off".

There is one lingering question in my mind:

If a family member supplied the firearms willfully, will they face any legal repercussion if the perp wasn't a criminal before the incident (supplying firearms to known felon)?

Or, maybe the guy just knew the family member who had them, and just stole them?

Back
Top Bottom