NH Man fires an AK in a MA Resturant

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1217253&srvc=rss

LYNN — Police say a man who opened fire with an AK-47 assault rifle at a Lynn restaurant was enraged after workers who thought he was intoxicated refused to serve him alcohol.

No one was hurt during the shooting early Saturday morning at the China Lion restaurant.

Anthony Gobbi, of East Wakefield, N.H., is scheduled to be arraigned Monday in Lynn District Court on various charges including 15 counts of assault with intent to murder and carrying a loaded high-capacity firearm.

Police tell The Daily Item of Lynn that after being refused service, the 30-year-old Gobbi left in a rage, and returned with the gun. Customers and employees tackled Gobbi to the ground and wrestled the rifle away.

Uh oh.

Why do they never show pictures of the gun confiscated? it was probably like a Seecamp or Beretta Bobcat or something. Anyone confirm it really was a AK-47?

Was just going to post this, what the hell is wrong with people seriously. Given he was from NH i bet it was one of those evil AK 47's with a banana clip and bayo lug. [laugh]

Funny thing is I am from Lynn, and used to go up to Wakefield, NH all the time up util about 2 years ago. Now it is a few times a summer.

LYNN — Police say a man who opened fire with an AK-47 assault rifle at a Lynn restaurant was enraged after workers who thought he was intoxicated refused to serve him alcohol

Kind of proved their point, didn't he?

So, was this thing full auto? It said "assault rifle", so I guess that must mean it is. After all, the media is always right.

I just still can't believe he fired 15 shots (assuming 15 due to the 15 counts of assault with intent to murder) and no one got hurt. No one in an adjoining building, no ricochets off a frying pan, nothing.

On a side note, I bet everyone was functionally deaf after 15 rounds going off in an enclosed space.

I just still can't believe he fired 15 shots (assuming 15 due to the 15 counts of assault with intent to murder) and no one got hurt. No one in an adjoining building, no ricochets off a frying pan, nothing.

On a side note, I bet everyone was functionally deaf after 15 rounds going off in an enclosed space.

Pure speculation, but I'm wondering if he fired the shots off AFTER he got tackled and they all went into the ceiling or something.

Pure speculation, but I'm wondering if he fired the shots off AFTER he got tackled and they all went into the ceiling or something.

My bet is he probably just went into the place and started firing it into the ceiling or something. Even in his drunken state he probably realized that shooting the bartender would not be conducive to receiving a drink.

Yes, I realize that I've just been handed my first class ticket on the train to hell. Not to mention when I saw the headline that "There's a cat in the kettle at the peking moon" song started playing in my head.

Kidding aside it is a good thing nobody got hurt- for both the patrons of the restaurant and our rights- this could have been an epically bad disaster. Kudos to the people with enough balls to tackle the guy. At least someone DID SOMETHING... which seems to be something lacking in this country on the whole.

-Mike

My bet is he probably just went into the place and started firing it into the ceiling or something. Even in his drunken state he probably realized that shooting the bartender would not be conducive to receiving a drink.

Yes, I realize that I've just been handed my first class ticket on the train to hell. Not to mention when I saw the headline that "There's a cat in the kettle at the peking moon" song started playing in my head.

Kidding aside it is a good thing nobody got hurt- for both the patrons of the restaurant and our rights- this could have been an epically bad disaster.

-Mike

Oh hell yeah, that's ALL we need - a high-profile shooting with one of the dreaded 'assult weapons'

Well in all honestly I can understand why he was pissed at being shut off at the bar...

I mean, I really like scorpion bowls, headhunters and mai tais.

Not to the point where being denied such yummy drinks would drive me to go retrieve a Kalashnikov, but ya know maybe I'd start waving my Kershaw around or something.

[wink]

Wait a minute... who DOESN'T bring an AK -47 to Lowell on a Friday night?

Keys - check
Cellphone- check
Wallet - check
AK - check

"OK honey, I'm ready."

Back
Top Bottom