1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

NH Anti-gun bills in the Senate...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by design, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Dadstoys

Dadstoys NES Member

If it is a restriction on your rights , yes

2. Dadstoys

Dadstoys NES Member

There are no small threats .
    Has anyone ever said " Just the tip , I swear." and not been lying ?
    If it has to do with guns and it's proposed by a democrat , it's to screw us long or short term.
    Look at what CA is doing with red flag laws .
    It started out as immediate family being able to file and now that it passed your kid's teacher or the freaking mailman are now getting added on.
    Not one inch.

Boston4567 likes this.
  3. KBCraig

KBCraig NES Member

Speaking of hyperbole, NAGR/Dudley Brown now have my legislative email address, and I'm getting daily "ZOMG THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!111!! (so send us money to stop it!)" emails from them.

4. jpk

jpk

Please dont put words in my mouth or presume to know what my opinion on GG broadly or individual authors that contribute to GG may be.

I frequently quote GG and a number of contributors to GG and hold a great many of their contributors and the work they do in high regard

5. Kevin_NH

Kevin_NH NES Member

Are we here to have a personal disagreement, or to discuss stopping these bills?

Assuming the goal is to stop "the march toward draconian gun control that mirrors metropolitan, Democrat-controlled sewers like Chicago" (to quote Rick Olson) perhaps we shouldn't discount members who feel "everything pegs the meter" is not the best way to motivate people who generally agree with us?

That's a direct quote:: NH Voters: Dr. Levenson for Congeress 2nd District.(beware)
    So getting back to "motivational fatigue", I stand behind my suggestion that Rick Olson went overboard a few days ago when he suggests the waiting period bill is a registration bill and states "That sneaky little gun registration scheme finds its way into the statute" in regards to HB 514 FN.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    strangenh likes this.
  6. jpk

jpk

y'all know the drill......wakey wakey/ringy dingy the guv.......603-271-2121

7. jpk

jpk

And that was a year ago wasnt it and it was over SB 500 as introduced deferring NH definition of "Firearm" to a Fed definition and other back biting over guest articles

Skip and Stete are the core of GG and have been pretty darn solid on RKBA..........

8. jpk

jpk

I think Rick is right on target......

All of these bills are terribly written.....usually intentionally and loaded with ambiguous back doors and language that can be used by corrupt individuals within law enforcement and activist judges to ruin people's lives, the lives and reputations of them/their families and destroy their ability to hold jobs as a result

These people are trying to weaponize the legal code so they can use it against their political opponents and enemies.....if you doubt that then take a closer look at what went on in the 2016 elections and is still going on today

If you think for a single second that Altschiller, Rogers, Shurtleff and others dont hate your guts and wish you were dead then you're not paying attention to what these people are doing right in front of your face in plain sight and daring you to do something about it

Coyote33 likes this.
  9. design

design NES Member

NHFC alert from yesterday.

I wanted to bring our members up to speed on what happened in Concord this past week. Well,.. the House and Senate have spoken and based on their votes, the progressive liberals running the State House conspired against the people of New Hampshire to ‘torch’ the Constitution.

Yes, you heard me correctly. The legislators running the State House burned through any protections in either the New Hampshire Constitution or the Bill of Rights of the US Constitution.

Two weeks ago, HB696 ‘Elder Care Gun Confiscation’ went to a Committee of Conference with a minimal vestige of due process in the legislation. However, the Bill that came out of the Committee of Conference removed all due process protections! The bill now openly requires gun confiscation with NO OVERSIGHT even from a court (as limited as that is/was).
    [more]

10. Coyote33

Coyote33

upload_2019-7-2_0-19-57.png

11. design

design NES Member

They best thing to do is get your friends engaged in the fight. The more voices we have calling the Governor's office, the better.
    Free email alerts, link here. http://www.nhfc-ontarget.org/

jpk likes this.
  12. jpk

jpk

Anyone need a better reason than this below to take a few minutes to write the governor over the weekend and call him on mon am to remind him to veto these 4 bills?

Its not as if 696 is the epitome of the violation off due process, private property rights and a raft of other foundational rights.......

Independence Day 2019

13. design

design NES Member

Last weekend for this petition.
    Four good reasons to sign:
    1. We need to stand together to protect our rights
    2. We don't want to be like the other states that are passing gun control.
    3. We want to demonstrate that if the gun owners stand together, we can stop gun Bloomberg and his puppets
    4. And if you call the Governor as well, NHFC will send you a free bumper sticker. https://www.nhfc-ontarget.org/2019/06/action-alerts/veto-bumper-sticker2/

https://www.nhfc-ontarget.org/petition-to-stop-all-proposed-2019-anti-gun-legislation/

PS. there is about 100 stickers left. Call on Monday to get yours

strangenh and jpk like this.
  14. jpk

jpk

bgoum likes this.
  15. design

design NES Member

HB696: No amendments, no changes, just veto the bill!

edmorseiii and wahsben like this.
  16. jpk

jpk

You know what to do and when to do it.....

HB 109 Bill Title: requiring background checks for commercial firearms sales.
    HB 514 Bill Title: imposing a waiting period between the purchase and delivery of a firearm.
    HB 564 Bill Title: (New Title) relative to possession of firearms on school property.
    HB 696 Bill Title: establishing a protective order for vulnerable adults.\

Gov. Sununu: (603) 271-2121

17. Lucas McCain

Lucas McCain

I got a reply from Chris:

Dear Joseph,

Thank you for contacting my office with your support for ensuring that second amendment rights
    remain unchanged in New Hampshire.

When I ran for governor, I made a commitment to the people of New Hampshire that I would
    protect our second amendment rights, and that's what I have done. The first bill I signed as
    Governor was SB 12 - Constitutional Carry - ensuring that New Hampshire citizens are
    guaranteed the fundamental right to carry a firearm in defense of themselves and their families,
    as prescribed by Article 2a of our state constitution.

I believe that New Hampshire does it right. Our laws are well crafted and fit our culture of
    responsible gun ownership and individual freedom. We should continue to focus our attention on
    the problems we can solve and to work to ensure that New Hampshire continues as one of the
    safest states in the nation. As long as I am in Concord, you can count on me to protect your
    constitutional rights, and promote the principals of justice, equality of opportunity, and personal
    responsibility.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and opinions on this important issue. Please do not hesitate
    to contact me should you have additional feedback or questions.

Sincerely,

Christopher T. Sununu
    Governor

Len-2A Training likes this.
  18. jpk

jpk

What concerns me is that he didnt state that he would veto all four of the bills in question

19. Lucas McCain

Lucas McCain

Most likely one of several form letters but it shows he is responsive and pro 2a. He has previously said that he will veto all 4.

20. Kevin_NH

Kevin_NH NES Member

I'll keep calling, keep hounding Chris on HB 696 in particular.

strangenh and Dradian like this.
  21. jpk

jpk

I hope you're right because I'm not aware of anyone who's called/written his office having been provided assurances that the Gov will veto any of them let alone all 4.

If anyone has I'm sure folks would like to see that response, I know I would feel a lot better if they would make a statement/commitment in writing

22. Lucas McCain

Lucas McCain

Well, he is going to do what he is going to do. I am sure he has made up his mind at this point.

23. jpk

jpk

HB 109 Bill Title: requiring background checks for commercial firearms sales" ENROLLED and should be sent to Sec of State and Gov within the next week.
    HB 514 Bill Title: imposing a waiting period between the purchase and delivery of a firearm: ENROLLED and should be sent to Sec of State and Gov within the next week.
    HB 564 Bill Title: (New Title) relative to possession of firearms on school property.....Passsed/NOT YET ENROLLED
    HB 696 Bill Title: Red Flag: CoC Amendment passed by Senate and House.......NOT YET ENROLLED

Why are the two most contentious bills still not yet enrolled in either the house or senate?

24. alpineboard

alpineboard

I posted this a couple weeks back, I saw him at the American Legion Ashland NH, I personally face to face asked him about the 4 anti gun bills, and if he was going to veto all 4?. He quickly responded, he will veto all 4 anti gun bills. But, yes , still make the calls, he needs the calls.

slap shot likes this.
  25. slap shot

slap shot NES Member

05318CBF-8DCA-4390-B42C-276A42D75229.jpeg Nice to live in a state where you feel your voice being heard. At least for now.

Coyote33 and wilson911 like this.
  26. Lucas McCain

Lucas McCain

Haha, that is exactly what I got down to the autopen signature.

27. design

design NES Member

I am hearing that a group of lobbyists is working overtime to 'salvage' HB696. They have managed to convince some that this is *not* a anti-gun bill and therefore the Governor can sign it. Time for more calls.

28. Coyote33

Coyote33

This crap, and "backroom deals" is what brought us Chapter 180 and its follow-ups in Massachusetts. Stay on it, boys and girls.

29. alpineboard

alpineboard

IMO , Gov Sununu will not buy this BS.

30. jpk

jpk

He wont if voters make it clear that he will pay a dear price at the ballot box......

I'm not laying the blame entirely on Gov Sununu......he has some folks around him in advisory roles that at least APPEAR to be suggesting to him that 696 isnt really a gun confiscation bill when it is

The bill as amended gives police officers the power as per below

http://gencourt.state.nh.us/bill_status/billText.aspx?sy=2019&id=14&txtFormat=html

No warrant
    No due process
    No process for getting them returned
    No storage requirements
    No protections whatsoever.

You want your head to explode then look at this........NH is now going to enforce a decision made in another state........

Doesnt take into consideration what the process was in the other state, doesnt consider whether it complied with rules of evidence or even if the accused had a right to defend themselved/face their accusor.

There's a general lack of protection of anyone being accused of anything and a lack of consideration of the unintended consequences, specifically with regard to an elderly family member suffering from dementia not to mention other family conflicts/issues that frequently surround aging/elderly parents and their adult children....dealing with dementia of elderly parent is difficult enough but now people are going to have to worry about false charge being filed against them?

Gary J. Willis in Md was killed by police serving a red flag order on falsified accusations made by a relative

Maryland Man Shot and Killed by Police While Serving a Gun Violence Restraining Order - The Truth About Guns

696 is badly written and will be similarly abused