• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH Alert: SB116. Still on the Gov's desk. ***Vetoed***

Spend the money on campaign work to unseat some D state senators and representatives instead.
I think you're wrong. Where did the last "call and donate" campaign get us? Right. To this very situation. All the campaigning, protesting... It won't get you anywhere. You see what happens: they just make shit up and think they can get away with it. And think further. Getting hit by a court for disregarding the rules and the state constitution would give her next opponent a case of ammo to pummel her with.

I think you're wrong. Where did the last "call and donate" campaign get us? Right. To this very situation. All the campaigning, protesting... It won't get you anywhere. You see what happens: they just make shit up and always get away with it. And think further. Getting hit by a court for disregarding the rules and the state constitution would give her next opponent a case of ammo to pummel her with.

FIFY

I think you're wrong. Where did the last "call and donate" campaign get us? Right. To this very situation. All the campaigning, protesting... It won't get you anywhere. You see what happens: they just make shit up and think they can get away with it. And think further. Getting hit by a court for disregarding the rules and the state constitution would give her next opponent a case of ammo to pummel her with.

I agree with this.

Guys, the bill was delivered on Tuesday, June 30th. I spoke to JR earlier today and he assured me that Tuesday was the day and that he had written confirmation from SoS that Tuesday was the first day.

So sorry to burst your bubble but Today was the final day. No court case on the merits that today didn't count.

Yep. Called that one. Now plan on chiefs seeing this as a green light to ratchet up violating the statutes. Thus it is a bigger loss for gun owners than is apparent. Imagine the great things Hassan will do for gun owners when she gets Ayotte's seat.

Stop working on override. Not going to happen. Start working on having the CC application fixed to go back to shall issue.
Oh, and great job keeping track of shit. Maybe start working on fixing that as well.

Stop working on override. Not going to happen. Start working on having the CC application fixed to go back to shall issue.
Oh, and great job keeping track of shit. Maybe start working on fixing that as well.

But last week you told us not to bother calling Hassan, and to work on an override.

Beginning to wonder which side you're actually on, frenchie.

Congratulations to those that had negative attitudes and combative posts declaring that they knew what was going to happen weeks ago. I hope all of your I-told-you-so's feel good. I am so glad there are hundreds of posts arguing nonsense and cluttering this thread. None of that helped this fight at all.

I hope there are folks working on the override, we need to keep this issue alive. If an override doesn't happen, I hope they pass this bill again next year and put it back on the governors desk. The packaging of this bill was so well thought out that I am actually surprised she did veto it. Now it is time to drag her through the mud for her veto while working on the override and making it known that this issue will be coming back the very next chance we get. Legal weed keeps coming back, this should keep coming back.

But last week you told us not to bother calling Hassan, and to work on an override.

Beginning to wonder which side you're actually on, frenchie.
Yes, I wrote that. And guess what? You guys kept calling. Aaaaand the result? It went exactly as I said it would. Now, the override. Yes, I wrote that, and it was before I read that we needed 55 state reps and 2 senators to change their votes. Am I the only one who understands human nature around here? With all you campaigning, calling and feet stomping, you couldn't change the mind of ONE democrat. What makes you think you will have better chances at changing the minds of 57 traitors and ennemies of Liberty? You guys display an extreme advice resistance, really.
And what side I'm on? Not yours. Because your side makes too many mistakes for my taste.

Start contacting your Senators and Reps now, guys.

Find your State Rep

How your Rep voted - please keep this in mind when contacting your Rep

Find your Senator

How the Senate voted - please keep this in mind when contacting your senator

Congratulate the Reps/Senators that voted Yea, and chastise those that had voted Nay, and give them a chance to change their vote.

If we can convince TWO senators and FIFTY FIVE State Reps, we can override this veto.

EMAILED...

Might call them later this afternoon.

Today Governor Maggie Hassan vetoed Senate Bill 116 aka Constitutional Carry. Proponents of this bill have implored Governor Hassan to end almost 100 years of state-sanctioned discrimination, racism and gender bias but Hassan chose to allow it to continue.

In Hassan’s press release she states that anyone who is discriminated against will be able to seek recourse through the court system. This shows that indeed she knows discrimination occurs but chose to continue to allow it. Unfortunately not every person who is discriminated against has the means to seek recourse. Lawyers and lawsuits are expensive and time consuming.

Hassan can no longer claim to be a proponent of women’s rights in New Hampshire. Not only did she chose to veto modernizing women’s rights but she is victimizing women who have already been victims. The original pistol license became law under Democrat Fred Herbert Brown. Discrimination, gender bias and racism reign under another Democrat 90 year later only this time, ironically, that Democrat is a woman.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gov...en-s-rights-allows-discrimination-to-continue

Seems like an easy win in court, for her not following procedure. SoS says the bill was there on the 29th... I'm betting this could be contested.

What a raging asshat, vetoing this after the weekend of the 4th.

Seems like an easy win in court, for her not following procedure. SoS says the bill was there on the 29th... I'm betting this could be contested.

What a raging asshat, vetoing this after the weekend of the 4th.

You didn't read this a dozen posts above? From a reliable source?

Guys, the bill was delivered on Tuesday, June 30th. I spoke to JR earlier today and he assured me that Tuesday was the day and that he had written confirmation from SoS that Tuesday was the first day.

So sorry to burst your bubble but Today was the final day. No court case on the merits that today didn't count.

Between 6/29 and 7/3? What Holliday would that be? And what's an observed Holliday? They're making shit up as they go. First, it wasn't even clear if the fourth counts, and now this? Bullshit.

For government workers, this has been the case for years. If a legal holiday falls on a weekend, you get to paid for either Monday or Friday off. With the Feds, it's always the following Monday

Alright, now what's the plan?

personally I am emailing my reps and senator...I know that for two of them it's a waste of bandwidth but it can't hurt and who knows, maybe one of them will fall down the stairs and can't vote that day.

For those wondering, the issue of NH Article 44 and the "within five days (Sundays excepted)" requirement.

OPINION OF THE JUSTICES. ∙ No. 4990 ∙Supreme Court of New Hampshire Request of Governor and Council said:
According to the record of the Secretary of State, the legislation which became chapter 266 was presented to the Governor on Friday, June 30 at 2:13 P. M. It was approved by him on Thursday, July 6. Between these days, July 2, a Sunday, and July 4, a legal holiday, intervened. RSA 288:1. Article 44 expressly excepts Sunday from the five-day period. If July 4 is likewise to be excluded the bill was seasonably approved; otherwise it was not.

The same issue was presented under the Massachusetts Constitution, and resolved in Opinion of the Justices, 291 Mass. 572. Although that Constitution contains no express exclusion from the period allotted for action by the executive, the Justices held that both Sundays and holidays should be excluded. Their opinion *410410 pointed out that when the
Constitution was adopted no provision existed for legal holidays although Sunday was strictly set apart by statute. The Justices reasoned that it was intended that the Governor should have five "secular" or "official days when business ordinarily would be transacted" (pp. 576, 577), in which to consider legislation submitted for his approval and that therefore holidays and Sundays were to be excluded.

We are of the opinion that our Constitution should be similarly construed. Your question concerning chapter 266, Laws 1961 is answered in the affirmative. In our opinion the chapter was constitutionally enacted.

If she is so concerned that the law abiding like to carry their guns concealed and need a permission slip to do so, I say eff it. We should all make a point of making open carry the new norm. See how the sheep like seeing a sidearm every time they turn around. Her office will be fielding a whole new slew of calls every day from the scared sheep types.

If she is so concerned that the law abiding like to carry their guns concealed and need a permission slip to do so, I say eff it. We should all make a point of making open carry the new norm. See how the sheep like seeing a sidearm every time they turn around. Her office will be fielding a whole new slew of calls every day from the scared sheep types.

I'm thinking that if the Governor wants to know who's carrying a gun, this would be a great way to make her dream come true.

It is not the origin but the mindset that is poisonous. Stop electing *******s, you'll be all set, no matter where they hail from.

While I agree, just to be a shite, name one elected official that was born within a 30 mile radius of Boston, that left the state, and ran for office elsewhere that encouraged, promoted and ushered in more freedom than the previous administration they replaced.

Back
Top Bottom