• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH Alert: SB116. Still on the Gov's desk. ***Vetoed***

They are saying Friday is considered a legal holiday, as is Saturday according to the response someone posted earlier.

I don't think they can have it both ways, the opinion 402 rules in our favor on that as it only exempts July 4th, not the 3rd AND 4th. Meanwhile the 3rd was a Monday, so in that year the 4th was observed on the 4th.

Well, looks like we are going to hopefully see how the NH Supreme Court feels about both the 3rd and 4th of 2015 being considered a Holiday by the Governor.

And if Hassan instigates a court case over this you better be prepared to put 10,000 protesters inside and around the NHSC building to make it clear that we're not going to tolerate bullschtein and new definitions of commonly used/understood words

I'll drive up from MA. This is total BS.

And if Hassan instigates a court case over this you better be prepared to put 10,000 protesters inside and around the NHSC building to make it clear that we're not going to tolerate bullschtein and new definitions of commonly used/understood words

There is no IF she instigates it, it is if WE instigate it. This should be challenged by ALL of the NH Gun Orgs and she should have to answer for her violation. I wonder if we could get her impeached for violating the NH constitution?

- - - Updated - - -

Who's prepared to support a vocal protest against Hassan's unconstitutional veto as well as a court case?

I'm in, lets get this party started.

Screw the override. We have a case with her not acting in time. If courts, dmv and other .gov institutions were working on 7/3, then theresno way it could be considered a Holliday, IMO.

Is it possible to subpoena a record of the number of NH citizens that contacted her either for or against this bill? It would be interesting to see the numbers. Maybe FOIA?

Me thinks that Maggie opened a Pandora's box that I hope down the road she will have regretted doing...

Last edited:
I believe it would be in the fall, do we have to wait until the override before bringing a court case for violating Art 44?

An override vote would definitely be faster, but a court action against the governor could move some votes over to the correct side.

I believe it would be in the fall, do we have to wait until the override before bringing a court case for violating Art 44?
No, but there would have to be "standing" to bring the case, which would mean that it would need to be brought by someone who is denied a license, or arrested for carrying without a license (in my non-lawyery opinion), unless it were an "impeachment" case for violating the rules (which has to be brought by the house).

Right now the focus is going to have to be on getting votes to override.

Screw the override. We have a case with her not acting in time. If courts, dmv and other .gov institutions were working on 7/3, then theresno way it could be considered a Holliday, IMO.

Agreed, as far as the NH Constitution is concerned both 7/3 and 7/4 are business days. She can't just decide that both of them are going to be holidays. According to Opinion 402 the 4th is a holiday, therefore the 3rd would be a biz day.

We should start collecting money for a good lawyer and do it ourselves. I'm telling you, Maggot Hassan signing too late is the way to go. That's a solid case. The Override thing is full of question marks and variables. I keep telling you to pick your battles wisely. This is the battle with the biggest chances of success. You guys are trying to attack the ennemy where he's strong, instead of exploiting the fact that she left a huge hole in her guard.

No, but there would have to be "standing" to bring the case, which would mean that it would need to be brought by someone who is denied a license, or arrested for carrying without a license (in my non-lawyery opinion), unless it were an "impeachment" case for violating the rules (which has to be brought by the house).

Right now the focus is going to have to be on getting votes to override.

So we get several hundred people to conceal carry in front of the state house with giant signs "I am concealing a gun without a license."

Before we start donating for lawyers and whatnot, shouldn't we find a lawyer and get his/her opinion on this?

What would the point be in raising money if a lawyer won't even take the case?

We should start collecting money for a good lawyer and do it ourselves. I'm telling you, Maggot Hassan signing too late is the way to go. That's a solid case. The Override thing is full of question marks and variables. I keep telling you to pick your battles wisely. This is the battle with the biggest chances of success. You guys are trying to attack the ennemy where he's strong, instead of exploiting the fact that she left a huge hole in her guard.

It also drags her name through the mud for being anti-gun for the next couple years. She might win a few dollars in funding but she'll lose the pro-gun independent votes.

Yeah, right. Let's rather discuss it to pieces on the Internet. She left us a field goal right there. You hit the ennemy in his moment of weakness. This is the time. This is the place. And WE are the right people to do it. Should we wait for the NRA to move its fat ass?

Last edited:
Override is important but if there is a legal wallhack here it needs to be exploited.

cue conspiracy music... maybe she did this on purpose; so that way if it gets blunderbussed into passing, she can claim she tried to "do something" but she gets to tell her moonbat supporters "she tried to do something but was victim of repbulican parlimentary tactics" or some bullshit like that.

-Mike

Override is important but if there is a legal wallhack here it needs to be exploited.

cue conspiracy music... maybe she did this on purpose; so that way if it gets blunderbussed into passing, she can claim she tried to "do something" but she gets to tell her moonbat supporters "she tried to do something but was victim of repbulican parlimentary tactics" or some bullshit like that.

-Mike
We need a NH Equivalent off COMM2A.

-Mike
LOL. I have actually considered that :).

SB116_zps2bph5sjy.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom