• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH: [3], nope.. now 4 anti-gun bills , we need to call the Senate to stop them, update page 7

BTW, the HHS committee passed HB696 (red flag bill for adults) 22-0 with amendment, I have not read the amendment.

I am curious to hear about the red flag bill and it’s amendment.

I can’t help but feel these “committees” are little more than a facade when so little is done to actually aquire feedback from true residents. Seems more like closed minds behind closed doors putting on a little show for the minions...

I am curious to hear about the red flag bill and it’s amendment.

I can’t help but feel these “committees” are little more than a facade when so little is done to actually aquire feedback from true residents. Seems more like closed minds behind closed doors putting on a little show for the minions...
Sitting here in Connecticut (but a future New Hampshire resident), I feel like a kid in a ride line at Disney... as the Brazilian tour group approaches.

Yea......all day shenanigans full of hearings being moved to SMALLER rooms than could accommodate the number of people that showed up

Tons of testimony from anti's wearing MDA tshirts chock full of emotional pleas to "Do Something" smattered with factually incorrect numbers that a 4th grader could demonstrate to be factually incorrect at best and intentionally misleading/lies at worst.

My fave is the sponsors of the UBC/7 day wait bills trotting it out as a solution to reduce violent/suicide.....

While ignoring the fact that California did the same thing in 1991 and that California....a state with a much larger/diverse population (sampling size) demonstrated that a 15 day wait and mandatory background checks had no effect on violence/suicide

Johns Hopkins Study: California’s Background Check Law Had No Impact on Gun Deaths | Jon Miltimore

Its just like the clinton AWB......it didnt work

Gun Control: Assault Weapons Ban Has Been Tried Before And Failed | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis - IBD

You would expect the bill sponsors to at the bare minimum do a modicum of research before they submit a bill request eh?

They don't care. They're bought and paid for and trained to run from the truth when it's presented to them.

22-0 for the Red flag bill? How many of those were turncoat repubs??

22-0 for the Red flag bill? How many of those were turncoat repubs??

ERPO is the biggest violation of rights the 2A has seen. Take your personal possessions on heresay. And as seen in Vermont it does not even have to be within the framework of law as written. why? Cause gunz...

It’s going to pass here in NH just like it has in all other states so far. And I sure as hell hope someone can say I’m wrong and correct me but all I have seen is pitchforks and nooses for anyone who stands against it.

I plan on telling my state rep (Who the wife has taken up knitting with) all about what I read here and I am sure she will not be happy with it. Sadly the stuff I will end up providing are scant on details, third party information, and off a gun forum.

Not that there is anything wrong with that...

Also many thanks to all who wasted valuable time to attend that shit show. Your efforts are commendable and appreciated.

Now I guess we wait for Design to come back down from the mountain and read us what has been written...

Yes, I told few of the reps that were there talking and also told the security guard there. We took it from them.

The reps mentioned that they normally dont let them take the sign in sheet out of the room but there was so many people.

Just to clarify my statement because it is really irritating me. Myself and another person took the clipboard back. The "rent a cop" did nothing.

I see on gencourt the bill passed but dont see any reference to an amendment and whats posted reads "as introduced" which I assume is not amended..

All,
If you want to know what the latest version of a bill is, go to the docket page and look at the amendment (either proposed) or adopted.
As for HB696, here is the amendment that they are considering and will be voting on the 27th:
http://gencourt.state.nh.us/bill_status/billtext.aspx?sy=2019&txtFormat=amend&id=2019-0395H

PS. after a period of time (Not sure how long) the roll call vote of the committee is also being posted. This is a great win as sometimes people vote one way in committee and then another on the floor:
See the link below for an example:

Bill_Status

We are going to learn who are real liberty reps are in a very quick period of time: http://gencourt.state.nh.us/legislation/HouseCommVote/2019/HB120.pdf

All,
If you want to know what the latest version of a bill is, go to the docket page and look at the amendment (either proposed) or adopted.
As for HB696, here is the amendment that they are considering and will be voting on the 27th:
http://gencourt.state.nh.us/bill_status/billtext.aspx?sy=2019&txtFormat=amend&id=2019-0395H

I’ll admit this is hard for me to understand. But here’s the bits I take away.

1. It seems that a Defendant must file for a hearing to take place 3-5 days after an ERPO issues, and if they don’t file, a hearing must occur 10-30 days after the ERPO issues. So early relief requires action from the Defendant. No government-supplied legal council.
2. Rules of evidence do not apply - preponderance of evidence as the standard.
3. Initial order 1yr, another 1yr if renewed and up to 5yr thereafter. How is this not a lifetime ban in places that count any protective order 1yr+ as a permanent disqualification? It seems any punishment that invokes loss of a 2ndA right for life should require all due process.
4. Seized firearms & ammo storage must be paid by Defendant with no liability for loss or damage.
5. Defendant loses their dog and probably their truck too - sounds like a Texas divorce.
6. A search warrant is required for seizure of firearms. Perhaps the one plus as opposed to warrentless search and seizure.
7. No “Statute of Limitations” as long as plaintiff’s claim of risk exists. If plaintiff moves to the same town as the defendant, the plaintiff can alledge long past events warrent an ERPO. Or events that did not result in legal action in the past can be evoked again. Seems like an ex post facto law punishing the past that was not punishable then.

Like most Protective Orders, this has no aid for the Defendant. No order or funding for physical or mental health treatment. It’s a limited Taking of Freedoms without compensation and potential cost to pay Defendant’s legal expenses and firearms storage. I can see billboards on the highway with a woman’s teary face “Afraid? Call Attorney Ima Schmuck.”

How would a school employee (teacher, administrator, etc.) initiate this ERPO? The plaintiff is not the police it seems. Although, if normal evidence rules do not apply, can the police file for an order based on hearsay and act as the plaintiff?

Would like to share a way for everyone to push back on this initiative in a meaningful way. It seems like a lot of larger news outlets don't accurately report on these topics or use lots of trendy buzzwords like "universal background check" "gunshow loophole" etc. The one thing that people from here HATE more than anything else, is when out-of-staters come in and tell us what to do.

One relatively unknown area that it is very easy to publish articles and get significant attention of NH locals is on the unionleader.com. They have a section that virtually anyone can submit an opinion article (even annoymously). As long as it isn't really untasteful, they will generally publish it. A lot of the manfacturing plants around here get the unionleader delivered, so it's all over cafeterias and the anti-gun stuff tends to piss people off.

I sent a Letter to the Editor in today - stay tuned.

I've had my letters published before and had neighbors mention they saw them. If on gun control, I often get anonymous hate mail - no return address or signature. No threats thus far to turn over to police. Just insults and mockery. It's amazing people go through the trouble...

I sent a Letter to the Editor in today - stay tuned.

I've had my letters published before and had neighbors mention they saw them. If on gun control, I often get anonymous hate mail - no return address or signature. No threats thus far to turn over to police. Just insults and mockery. It's amazing people go through the trouble...

These same people drive across state lines to sign multiple names at committee meetings...

FWIW, WE have found additional issues with the bill and there will be an alert about those issues soon. Sign up here for NHFC alerts: http://nhfirearms.org/ Sometimes the redirect takes a bit...

Also share that link with your friends. The more of us that know what is going on the better the chance of killing these anti-gun bills.

The next anti-gun bill has a hearing on 3/5

HB109, requiring background checks for commercial firearms sales: Not all FFLs are dealers. FFL-03 (collectors) would not be exempt, even though the commonly hold tables at gun shows to buy and sell.

HB514, requiring a waiting period: "a 16-hour hunter safety course offered by the department of fish and game" isn't sufficiently defined. I have a hunting and fishing combo license. NH accepted my 1977 hunter safety card from 8th Grade in Arkansas; would that card suffice for the waiting period? Who knows?

HB101, allowing school districts to restrict guns: RSA 159:26 (preemption) "shall not apply to any policy regulating the use, possession, or transportation of firearms, firearms components, ammunition, firearms supplies, or knives adopted by any school district, school administrative unit, or chartered public school in this state." Meanwhile, they're applying pressured to make every .gov entity adopt bans.

HB564, banning all guns from all "safe school zones" is probably the most dangerous. ""Safe school zone" means an area inclusive of any school property or school buses." ""School property" means all real property, physical plant and equipment used for school purposes, including but not limited to school playgrounds and buses, whether public or private. This would allow any public school to ban guns from any park or historical site if a school field trip is taking place there.

HB109, requiring background checks for commercial firearms sales: Not all FFLs are dealers. FFL-03 (collectors) would not be exempt, even though the commonly hold tables at gun shows to buy and sell.

Also redefines "Commercial Sales" such that virtually any sale, even one between private parties, would fit the definition of "Commercial Sale"

Report from Concord, action needed…
by NHFC, Inc. on February 17, 2019

I want to apologize up front for sending you such a long email; but I have a lot to report because this was a busy week at the Statehouse. Please scroll all the way to the bottom, there are three action items!

I want to thank all of the patriots who came to Concord to fight for our Second Amendment rights this week. We had a terrific turnout and the committees know that we are not going to allow them to take our freedoms without a fight!

On Wednesday, February 13, the House Education Committee held public hearings on two gun free (criminal safe) schools bills. I am proud that NHFC was well represented by our Corporate Secretary JR Hoell and one of our advisors, former State Representative Dan Itse. I testified on behalf of our national partners, Gun Owners of America.

What is truly amazing is that the supporters of criminal safe schools really believe that a law and a sign will stop a murderer. One person even said that HB 564 will allow school officials to call the police if they see a gun. They sure will and an otherwise law abiding person will be arrested for a possessory offense. A murderer will probably come in and just start shooting. This is what happened at every tragedy that has taken place in gun free zones.

Of course, HB 101 is just as bad because it allows local school boards to ban guns instead of the State of New Hampshire. A gun ban is a gun and must be stopped.

Later in the day on February 13, we testified before the House Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee in opposition to HB 109, (sell a gun to a friend and go to jail) and HB 514 (wait up to eleven days to bring your new gun and ammunition home).

Please click here to read our detailed alert on these anti-gun anti freedom bills. Both committees are scheduled to vote on these bills this week. Then, please scroll down for instructions on how to email the committees to express your opposition to these anti-gun bills.....
[more]

-design

Report from Concord, action needed…
by NHFC, Inc. on February 17, 2019

I want to apologize up front for sending you such a long email; but I have a lot to report because this was a busy week at the Statehouse. Please scroll all the way to the bottom, there are three action items!

I want to thank all of the patriots who came to Concord to fight for our Second Amendment rights this week. We had a terrific turnout and the committees know that we are not going to allow them to take our freedoms without a fight!

On Wednesday, February 13, the House Education Committee held public hearings on two gun free (criminal safe) schools bills. I am proud that NHFC was well represented by our Corporate Secretary JR Hoell and one of our advisors, former State Representative Dan Itse. I testified on behalf of our national partners, Gun Owners of America.

What is truly amazing is that the supporters of criminal safe schools really believe that a law and a sign will stop a murderer. One person even said that HB 564 will allow school officials to call the police if they see a gun. They sure will and an otherwise law abiding person will be arrested for a possessory offense. A murderer will probably come in and just start shooting. This is what happened at every tragedy that has taken place in gun free zones.

Of course, HB 101 is just as bad because it allows local school boards to ban guns instead of the State of New Hampshire. A gun ban is a gun and must be stopped.

Later in the day on February 13, we testified before the House Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee in opposition to HB 109, (sell a gun to a friend and go to jail) and HB 514 (wait up to eleven days to bring your new gun and ammunition home).

Please click here to read our detailed alert on these anti-gun anti freedom bills. Both committees are scheduled to vote on these bills this week. Then, please scroll down for instructions on how to email the committees to express your opposition to these anti-gun bills.....
[more]

-design

The letter on HB514 needs to be reworded to account for the amendment removing ammunition from the bill. As it is, a rep is likely to focus on the ammunition as the "problem" with the bill. And since that has been fixed, the rep may consider the problem resolved.

Back
Top Bottom