NH 2021 Bill thread: Critical Bills need to be voted on 5/25

BarnBuilder

NES Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
And the point you fail to recognize time and time again is that "Leadership" serves itself and fails to show any fidelity to the party platform or the constitution they take an oath to uphold

Without values the "Party" is meaningless.

This is something that the Dems learned long ago....they stick to their platform and voters turn out and vote for them.

Progressive republicans ignore the platform and soon enough people realize they stand for nothing but their own power.

Consistency builds trust
Trust garners votes

No consistency and values
No votes

Unfortunately so true :mad:

AFAR/PFAR

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
So where are we at after the sessions yesterday? I didn't get to listen to any of them.

SB154 with its shitty coc amendment was tabled by a vast majority(354-19). What is next there or are we screwed?

HB334 saw its coc amendment adopted by both bodies, so I assume there are the admin sign offs and then it goes up. I see why the language of SB141 was added as it is an insurance policy and also speeds up the implementation.

SB141 is enrolled. Has the Governor come out in public one way or the other for this? All I see is him gushing about the budget.

What ever happened to HB485? It never came out of the coc. IMO, there was probably way too much varied "stuff" in there, but I would have liked to see the Informed Consent portion implemented.

AFAR/PFAR

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
All I see is him gushing about the budget.

I suppose this was a little disrespectful-not of Sununu, but of the work that went into the two bills.

Especially since I just browsed HB2 and realized that holy crap, the I&D tax is being phased out. This directly affects my pocket book. Of course cynical me is waiting to see what goes up in cost.

77:1 Rate.

I. The annual tax upon incomes shall be levied at the rate of 5 percent for all taxable periods ending before December 31, 2023.

II. The annual tax upon incomes shall be levied at the rate of 4 percent for all taxable periods ending on or after December 31, 2023.

III. The annual tax upon incomes shall be levied at the rate of 3 percent for all taxable periods ending on or after December 31, 2024.

IV. The annual tax upon incomes shall be levied at the rate of 2 percent for all taxable periods ending on or after December 31, 2025.

V. The annual tax upon incomes shall be levied at the rate of 1 percent for all taxable periods ending on or after December 31, 2026.

Goes away in 2027.

jpk

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
So where are we at after the sessions yesterday? I didn't get to listen to any of them.

SB154 with its shitty coc amendment was tabled by a vast majority(354-19). What is next there or are we screwed?

HB334 saw its coc amendment adopted by both bodies, so I assume there are the admin sign offs and then it goes up. I see why the language of SB141 was added as it is an insurance policy and also speeds up the implementation.

SB141 is enrolled. Has the Governor come out in public one way or the other for this? All I see is him gushing about the budget.

What ever happened to HB485? It never came out of the coc. IMO, there was probably way too much varied "stuff" in there, but I would have liked to see the Informed Consent portion implemented.

154 and further restrictions on gov emergency powers will come back in fall when the legislature meets

Until then folks need to ride their senators hard.....I've heard rumblings of complaints about their "Summer vacations" being interrupted.....

The Senate was the problem......might be time for some new republican blood in the senate

jpk

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I suppose this was a little disrespectful-not of Sununu, but of the work that went into the two bills.

Especially since I just browsed HB2 and realized that holy crap, the I&D tax is being phased out. This directly affects my pocket book. Of course cynical me is waiting to see what goes up in cost.

77:1 Rate.

I. The annual tax upon incomes shall be levied at the rate of 5 percent for all taxable periods ending before December 31, 2023.

II. The annual tax upon incomes shall be levied at the rate of 4 percent for all taxable periods ending on or after December 31, 2023.

III. The annual tax upon incomes shall be levied at the rate of 3 percent for all taxable periods ending on or after December 31, 2024.

IV. The annual tax upon incomes shall be levied at the rate of 2 percent for all taxable periods ending on or after December 31, 2025.

V. The annual tax upon incomes shall be levied at the rate of 1 percent for all taxable periods ending on or after December 31, 2026.

Goes away in 2027.

The budget add on bill has some good stuff in it but the "Christmas Tree"/Omnibus approach is dead wrong....and it will come back to bite us in the arse.....just like Sununu's abuse of powers will unless the law is fixed.

Hassan declares a "State of Emergency" over opioids.......you think for a second that a future dem governor wouldnt do something similar to below and use that to abuse everyone's rights top to bottom?....and the excuse that will be repeated ad nausium will be "Cuz Sununu did it".....

The current emergency RSA isnt constitutional......you cant grant enumerated powers to another branch of government via a simple bill/rsa.....it needs to follow the constitutional ammendment process

design

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

AFAR/PFAR

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
This is the second Ward Bird bill.

I listened to the Senate session when this was passed. There was at least one senator speaking for the bill that had very little idea about what they were talking about and the bill's purpose. While she supported it and I'm thankful, it was clear that 2A discussions were not her forte.

I don't recall Mr. Bird's case being brought up at all during the senate discussions, but instead it was supermarket flashing and McCloskey event.

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back at least 12-15 years ago (I can't find any remaining news articles about it), a young man walking home from his job at night realized that two dudes in street hood clothing were approaching him rapidly from behind.

He turned towards them, and as he did so he used one hand to discreetly open his lockblade knife and held it behind his leg.

Turns out it was two plainclothes cops (Nashua, maybe?), and they identified themselves and showed badges. He was compliant, and the first time they were aware of the knife was when he folded it and put it away.

They arrested him for criminal threatening, and he wound up convicted. IIRC, it was a felony charge.

AFAR/PFAR

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Dumb question(I'm full of them).

Is there any way to see what the Governor's bill signing schedule looks like? Or maybe see what kind of post House/Senate discussions(meeting minutes, et al.) have occurred on certain bills?

Just kind of curious as it seems some people know when bills are going to be signed, so they either have insider information or there is a schedule I can't find. Example above-Design knew about HB195 before it was updated on the NH General Court site and yesterday several people on another platform knew about the dog laws that were signed before they were signed.

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dumb question(I'm full of them).

Is there any way to see what the Governor's bill signing schedule looks like? Or maybe see what kind of post House/Senate discussions(meeting minutes, et al.) have occurred on certain bills?
I'm pretty sure he's done, after Wednesday's public signing of some animal bills.

If I read correctly, all bills have become law, no vetoes.

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spoke too soon.

Today, he voted HB 98, which would change the date of our state primaries from September to August.

I guess we'll be having a veto session after all.

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back at least 12-15 years ago (I can't find any remaining news articles about it), a young man walking home from his job at night realized that two dudes in street hood clothing were approaching him rapidly from behind.

He turned towards them, and as he did so he used one hand to discreetly open his lockblade knife and held it behind his leg.

Turns out it was two plainclothes cops (Nashua, maybe?), and they identified themselves and showed badges. He was compliant, and the first time they were aware of the knife was when he folded it and put it away.

They arrested him for criminal threatening, and he wound up convicted. IIRC, it was a felony charge.
And their houses still stand? Post their addresses.

AFAR/PFAR

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
hmm

Just read his veto message on HB98. No skin off my back, but I thought one of the points of pulling the primary forward a month was so that the candidate that won had a better opportunity to campaign for the general.

He talks about vacations in the veto message, but this is simply swapping the current August work for July work.

jpk

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Actually he nailed it and exactly why 141 is a tactical disaster that would cede control to Feds

There have been numerous instances/legit reasons to take issue with Sununu's actions over the last 14-16 months but he nailed this one......

Bookmarking this for when background checks return to hours/days as was occurring prior to COVID...

AFAR/PFAR

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Actually he nailed it and exactly why 141 is a tactical disaster that would cede control to Feds

There have been numerous instances/legit reasons to take issue with Sununu's actions over the last 14-16 months but he nailed this one......

No. I don't disagree with the wariness of ceding something to the feds. I disagree with him blaming covid. Dude is out of touch with gun buyers and now we're pretty much stuck with the shitty system that nobody supervises.

jpk

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Bookmarking this for when background checks return to hours/days as was occurring prior to COVID...

That very well may happen unless the legislature does its fooking job and mandate and monitor/require reporting metrics from the gun line......

The performance issues in past are a product of the failure of legislature and executive branch to supervise/require performance/reporting

Thats a different issue entirely from whether or not NH should retain control OR cede to an administration that is hostile to RKBA

AFAR/PFAR

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
That very well may happen unless the legislature does its fooking job and mandate and monitor/require reporting metrics from the gun line......

The performance issues in past are a product of the failure of legislature and executive branch to supervise/require performance/reporting

The fix takes money.

Guess what isn't going to happen-the gun line getting fixed.

It's going to be shitloads of time on hold while their automated message says send them a fax and if it comes to that, you might as not not even bother.

jpk

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The fix takes money.

Guess what isn't going to happen-the gun line getting fixed.

It's going to be shitloads of time on hold while their automated message says send them a fax and if it comes to that, you might as not not even bother.

It doesnt have to cost money.......the DoS miraculously fixed the issues this spring when pressure began to be applied.....

All it would require is a quarterly report mandated and made public/sent to governor and legislature

AFAR/PFAR

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
It doesnt have to cost money.......the DoS miraculously fixed the issues this spring when pressure began to be applied.....

All it would require is a quarterly report mandated and made public/sent to governor and legislature

Their "fix" was to pull bodies from other agencies who will eventually need them back. Bodies cost money and bodies is not the only thing they need.

Judging from my experiences buying three pistols last month, the gun line is faaaaaar from "fixed".

Top Bottom