New York to ban body armor

Only the protected class will get to have body armor vests. How many other states will follow? Doesn't Connecticut already ban the online sales of it?

Proposed NY law: any garment of clothing must allow bullets to pass through it unhindered. To wear, possess, manufacture, or distribute any article of clothing that has a measurable reduction of bullet velocity, or deflection of bullet trajectory greater than that of a standard cotton tee shirt shall be a class 2 felony. The wearing of two or more of such garments shall be punishable by mandatory imprisonment for no less than 20 years to life.

So my Irish fisherman's sweater is no long NY Compliant? [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

Don't go walking in da hood wit a hoodie on - definitely will slow a bullet down more than a t-shirt.

With the exception of the following restrictions, body armor is completely legal (From Safe Life Defense):
  1. You must be a law-abiding civilian and intend to wear your armor for permitted uses.
  2. You must not commit a crime while wearing armor. Such action will increase legal penalties significantly.
  3. You must not have been convicted of a violent felony or intend to participate in criminal activities while wearing your armor.
  4. You must purchase your armor face-to-face with a local dealer if you live in Connecticut or purchase your armor online and have it shipped to their location for pickup. This product cannot be shipped directly to a civilian in the aforementioned state.

I wonder what their position is on bulletproof backpack inserts...
There is going to be a law on that!

You can only wear one bulletproof backpack at at time.

If you wear 4 backpacks (one on each side of your body) there will be a mandatory minimum of 10 years in prison.

LmheXexWAkIlAlVyUxGOqniGHCUHDbUoMvIjyOlHrRs.png

Proposed NY law: any garment of clothing must allow bullets to pass through it unhindered. To wear, possess, manufacture, or distribute any article of clothing that has a measurable reduction of bullet velocity, or deflection of bullet trajectory greater than that of a standard cotton tee shirt shall be a class 2 felony. The wearing of two or more of such garments shall be punishable by mandatory imprisonment for no less than 20 years to life.
NY Fflonies are given letter designations (as in "Class D Felony") with "Class A" being the most serious; not number grades.

If you wear 4 backpacks (one on each side of your body) there will be a mandatory minimum of 10 years in prison.

will we have to set up children's jails so kiddies with ballistic book bags can be put on ice?

People will just up the ante and change weapon systems to something with blast damage. [laugh][grenade]

Doesn't matter what kind of vest is worn when limbs become separated from the body.

These people are out of their fvcking minds!!

People in most states including NY don't get or serve 20 to life for 1st degree murder.

Yeah, but you can skip leg day, tho. SWOLE! LOL

Microstamping [rofl].
Sure. Make the firing pin have the serial # on it so you can trace the round.

. . . except when you use a revolver.

Ummmmm. . . . . . . . . we should still keep that law. It's important. If it saves just one life. Thirty clip seconds.

No helmet ? Head shot

Forget that. How about that nice hi-viz COM outline he's providing?

I hope this is a joke. NY so Im not sure

Only worn my vest three times.. Still impressed with how light it is , when it gets hot out I want to give it a try but I sit/stand in air-conditioning anyway

Unfortunately, I think these types of bans will easily be upheld by the courts.
I can sadly see them being upheld, but I can't imagine it's "easy." They will have to base the entire thing on lies and exaggerations. It's a fact that bad guys virtually never use body armor. Its so rare that when they do its newsworthy.

I'd say its actually hard to articulate the need to ban in the face of next to zero crime being committed while wearing it.

Back
Top Bottom